Boston debarkation ??s this month

janmcn

I was on the cruise just before yours, and lots of people complained about the wait for a taxi at the pier (one-hour waits seemed to be common).  My family walked around the corner and called for an Uber that picked us up in five minutes.

HAL also offers transfers that you can book on board.  That won't be the cheapest option, but should certainly be convenient and stress-free.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, janmcn said:

Debarking Aug. 27. Need taxi to airport…what’s latest info on availability? ( yes, I’ve checked the East Coast port section.) Need Uber instead?

I agree with @iceman93.  When we departed the Zaandam last month the line for cabs was long and very slow.  I did notice that those that tipped baggage handlers were put to the front of the line.  

• Like 1

We disembark in Boston on Sept 17th a Saturday... We have an 11AM flight, but now wondering if I should be looking for something later. We have no problem taking an Uber and disembarking with our bags during the first group of self-disembarking. 

57 minutes ago, cwd79 said:

We disembark in Boston on Sept 17th a Saturday... We have an 11AM flight, but now wondering if I should be looking for something later. We have no problem taking an Uber and disembarking with our bags during the first group of self-disembarking. 

We had a 10:55 flight a few weeks ago and went with the HAL airport shuttle. It was about $35/pp but was very smooth and got to Airport 2 hours early with 4 bags to check plus carry on. No hassle or worry about timing or construction in the tunnel on weekends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwd79 said:

Either do an Uber, or take the first cruise line shuttle. Don't do a taxi.

The drive is very short...but taxi is pretty shaky. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janmcn said:

No more shuttles…Uber it will be.

@janmcn when you say “go around the corner” to get an Uber, which corner are you referring to? We debark the NS on Saturday and plan to do Uber or Lyft to the airport and I’m not that familiar with the Boston port. TIA for any help!!

We are disembarking in Boston next month and have a noon flight booked.  Transfers are available through HAL but it doesn't say what time the transfer is...no option to choose a time.  How do you know what time the transfer is??

I've put the transfers in the cart but haven't checked out yet.  

Thanks to everyone, we disembarked and got a porter right away who took us to the taxi line (probably only 20 people in it at that point)!, but got us right into one. Taxi had no problems getting to Logan, AA had curbside checkin. In our seats at the gate by 9!!! Fastest disembarkation ever!

2 minutes ago, janmcn said:

Thanks to everyone, we disembarked and got a porter right away who took us to the taxi line (probably only 20 people in it at that point)!, but got us right into one. Taxi had no problems getting to Logan, AA had curbside checkin. In our seats at the gate by 9!!! Fastest disembarkation ever!

@janmcndid you carry your own luggage off??

On 8/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, Cailey53 said:

@janmcndid you carry your own luggage off??

No, we did the usual put the luggage (2) out by midnight but had 5* priority disembarkation but so did a lot of folks, plus the bus to Logan went off early, too. Line to disembark went way way around…

• 3 weeks later...

Was worried about our 11 am flight today but no issues at all. Disembarked from the NS Holland America cruise today in Boston. Was off the ship at 730am. Walked over to Taxi line and a ton of taxis waiting, so no wait. Got to airport in 10 minutes. Waiting for our flight to board at 10:40am. 

I did notice a line starting on deck 2 midship with people around 7am and it was those of us needing to self disembark with all our luggage. Glad I got in line as at that point was about twenty deep and filled up significantly after 7am. But no issues to report today. Wonderful cruise. 

Edited by cwd79

On 8/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, iceman93 said:

This is what I mean by Uber pickup "around the corner".  It's a very short walk and totally do-able with rolling suitcases.

image.thumb.png.9f524f90edce22f42e3a64ea59127261.png

This looks a little bit different from what we encountered when we disembarked the Norwegian Pearl yesterday.  No one seemed to be going off to the right when we exited out the terminal door, so we asked a traffic control person who directed us off to the left to find the Ubers.  We walked along the road in front of the terminal towards our left and took the first right turn going up Design Center Pl, just before the parking lot.  We walked up a block to Dry Dock Ave, and there was a row of Ubers parked in front of the Dunkin Donuts store there, though I didn't see any drivers, so maybe they were getting breakfast.    We ordered a "Wait and save" Lyft (saved us about $1.50) and he was there in less than 5 minutes. If you want to see it clearer, just search for DryDock Ave in a map app (we use Apple Maps).  Lyft to the airport was $22 or so, including a 20% tip.