Help! Hyphenated last name issue

LynnB

We are cruising  with a group of friends this Sunday on the Horizon. One of our group used credit card rewards points to book so didn’t use our normal Carnival PVP.  We did our proctored COVID tests tonight and one of our group is having an issue. She has a very long hyphenated last name. Verifly is saying the name on the test and the name on the reservation don’t match. On the test there is a hyphen between her two last names and the last letter is missing since her name is so long. On Verifly and her Carnival reservation her 2 last names are run together as one word  with no space and the last two letters are missing. Also, her VIFP # is missing on the reservation  yet her husband and daughters are listed.  I’m thinking since the travel agent didn’t type her name exactly like it appears in carnivals database, it didn’t pull her info from Carnival correctly  just not sure how to fix it. She tried calling carnival they said they can’t help since she booked thru a travel agent. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Just skip the Verifly. It seems to be causing way more hassle and time than it's worth. Just have her put her passport, paperwork, and such all together to show them. That's all we did a few months ago and it took us about 20 seconds.

• Like 2

my sister had the same problem.  Carnival only allows a certain number of characters for your last name.  She had to look at her booking and use a portion of the hyphenated name when using verifly and logging into the carnival hub app on board.  I think it is around 15 characters.  

My last name is also tricky....It's a name with a St. at the beginning, and some computer programs don't like the period....and some don't like the space between the period and the rest of the name....there are may variations, and it can be a nightmare.

I have a hyphenated last name and my Carnival reduced-size last name is very different than my passport name.  In 12 Carnival cruises, I have never had an issue even through their website and emails always stress the names have to match exactly.  It's Carnival's computer system that will not take a hyphenated name correctly and they know it.

My wife has two middle names and I am not sure what name appears in her Carnival.com profile under her VIFP#. I suspect it doesn't really matter. But when I do online check in, I make sure to enter her name properly. That is the most critical place to make sure the name is correct and matches your travel documents.