EZ Air - Another Question Please

Lady Arwen

I’ve searched the Princess website and I cannot find the answer.  I have a $2000.00 airline travel voucher (Air Canada) and I wanted to know if I can use it to pay for our flights with EZ Air on our next cruise.  I will contact Princess if necessary, but I was hoping someone  here may have the answer.  Our flights would not be until 2023 flying from Toronto to U.K.

Thank you!

Just now, riffatsea said:

Sorry

To use an airline travel voucher you need to book on the airline site

That is exactly what I thought, but just wanted to be sure.  Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

That is exactly what I thought, but just wanted to be sure.  Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

I'd save the AC voucher (assuming it won't expire on you) for a trip/trips when you are not cruising because it's going to save you a lot of money for overseas travel to book with EZ-Air.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd save the AC voucher (assuming it won't expire on you) for a trip/trips when you are not cruising because it's going to save you a lot of money for overseas travel to book with EZ-Air.

Yes, we thought about that.  However, we originally booked these flights with Air Canada directly because the fare was actually less than EZAir!  Go figure!  Air Canada cancelled our flight to LHR and rebooked us on a flight with times we didn’t want, so we cancelled and we received a voucher for the full amount.  We’ll probably just apply it to our next cruise.  If we had other travel plans, then your idea would be spot on.  Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

suggestion:

do a flight quote on the princess website for the cruise you are booking.  See the price - go to your airline and compare if you went directly through them

If Ezair is a big savings - book Ezair and then see if you can use your credit with the airline to upgrade to better seats - ie. economy to Business class

don't know if they will allow it, but you could ask

45 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

suggestion:

do a flight quote on the princess website for the cruise you are booking.  See the price - go to your airline and compare if you went directly through them

If Ezair is a big savings - book Ezair and then see if you can use your credit with the airline to upgrade to better seats - ie. economy to Business class

don't know if they will allow it, but you could ask

Thank you for your suggestion!  I had not even thought about using it to upgrade our seats.  Definitely will look into it.  I knew my Cruise Critic friends would have ideas!

• Like 1

I have been monitoring my flight on Air Canada via their website (booked with EZ Air).  A disclaimer pops up that says (paraphrased):  "It looks like your reservation is with a third party, we are unable to modify anything for you".  I will be able to choose my seats when checking in (to avoid paying seat charges).  Does not look like that is an option for moving to Business/First Class.  

Don't bother trying to call Air Canada.  They don't answer their phones.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have been monitoring my flight on Air Canada via their website (booked with EZ Air).  A disclaimer pops up that says (paraphrased):  "It looks like your reservation is with a third party, we are unable to modify anything for you".  I will be able to choose my seats when checking in (to avoid paying seat charges).  Does not look like that is an option for moving to Business/First Class.  

Don't bother trying to call Air Canada.  They don't answer their phones.

Our issue is that we want to do seat selection when we book flights to secure the seats we want.  Air Canada does not allow seat selection until the booking is ticketed (paid in full).  So, we either pay for flights with Princess or with Air Canada, when we book.  We book with whomever is the least expensive at the time.  Sometimes it’s Princess and sometimes not.  I don’t have a problem with paying for upgraded seats.  And yes, calling Air Canada is an effort in futility.

I was able to pick my seats for one way on our cruise (AA) but on the return flight I had to wait until tickets were paid for by EZAIR which is about 45 days before the cruise.  At that point I went to AA and picked my seats - did not go through EZAIR.

I would check with EZAir about buying through them, and upgrading directly with airline once the tickets have been paid for by EZair

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Needed info yesterday. called AC and requested call back. I received the call at the promised time and was very pleased with the customer service. 

Nice to hear that sometimes they get it right!  Thanks for sharing!