Q re suite breakfast on b2b

Sn0cruiser

This is probably a silly question but we’ve never done a b2b with a cabin move before.  

We are moving from a regular non-club class non-suite cabin to a suite on an upcoming b2b.  

For anyone who’s done this before, on the turnaround/move morning are we allowed to have the Sabatini’s suite breakfast before we do the turnaround border control requirements ?  Or do the suite benefits start once normal boarding commences ?

I have yet to see Suite Breakfast (Crown Grill/Sabatini's) open on turn around day.  I recall one poster who said that Suite Breakfast was available.  IF you are fortunate enough to have this option, I am sure they will let you in.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

We've always had the suite bkfst in one of the two restaurants on turn around day. That said, the only times we've done it when we've been in a suite for both halves of the B2B.

Your situation is a very interesting twist. We'd be interested to learn how it's handled in your particular case.  

1 hour ago, Sn0cruiser said:

This is probably a silly question but we’ve never done a b2b with a cabin move before.  

We are moving from a regular non-club class non-suite cabin to a suite on an upcoming b2b.  

For anyone who’s done this before, on the turnaround/move morning are we allowed to have the Sabatini’s suite breakfast before we do the turnaround border control requirements ?  Or do the suite benefits start once normal boarding commences ?

I would ask the cabin steward if it would be possible to meet the concierge for the next b2b, and ask them that question.

34 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would ask the cabin steward if it would be possible to meet the concierge for the next b2b, and ask them that question.

I am not sure which ship the OP is on. Only Royal class ships have concierge service and you cannot access their lounge without any access key which the OP would not have

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Not positive, but I think that you would only get it for after the second cruise commences, but I also agree with the other posters; specialty restaurant breakfast is usually unavailable on turnaround day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Not positive, but I think that you would only get it for after the second cruise commences, but I also agree with the other posters; specialty restaurant breakfast is usually unavailable on turnaround day

Not so. Though I was surprised when the HW (rather round Italian guy, can't remember his name) said "see you tomorrow" on what I naturally assumed would be our last specialty bkfst day there before the second half of the B2B started.  

Pleasant surprise. Perhaps, but unlikely, this is done only on the CB. 

YMMV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sn0cruiser said:

50 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The correct answer is above in terms of your qualification.  Your next cruise does not officially begin until the previous one is cleared out and folks are able to board.  This is more formal in USA as they zero the ship and the B2B group has to clear US CBP.  Since the new cruise voyage does not begin until later in the morning after breakfast, you would not qualify.  However, you would get the breakfast on your final morning before departing the ship - assuming it is offered.  In the end you get one Suite breakfast for each night of the voyage length.   (Could there ever be an exception made to this?  Who knows, but the logical and fair answer is as I have outlined).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Not so. Though I was surprised when the HW (rather round Italian guy, can't remember his name) said "see you tomorrow" on what I naturally assumed would be our last specialty bkfst day there before the second half of the B2B started.  

Pleasant surprise. Perhaps, but unlikely, this is done only on the CB. 

YMMV

I've been on the Caribbean Princess and never was offered suite breakfast on disembarkation day.  I will definitely inquire on my next voyage with the CB.  Thanks for the confirmation.  I knew "somebody" reported it.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The correct answer is above in terms of your qualification.  Your next cruise does not officially begin until the previous one is cleared out and folks are able to board.  This is more formal in USA as they zero the ship and the B2B group has to clear US CBP.  Since the new cruise voyage does not begin until later in the morning after breakfast, you would not qualify.  However, you would get the breakfast on your final morning before departing the ship - assuming it is offered.  In the end you get one Suite breakfast for each night of the voyage length.   (Could there ever be an exception made to this?  Who knows, but the logical and fair answer is as I have outlined).

You are absolutely correct regarding qualification for suite perks.  But I am sure that the Assistant Manager in the suite breakfast area would allow you in....IF...IF...breakfast is indeed being served.  Be nice.  Introduce yourself before the end of the first leg.