Celebrity Horizon - the end.

BigAl94

Thank you for posting.  Such impressive footage about such a depressing subject.  We got to sail on her once and very much enjoyed it.  Here is a photo of Horizon during happier times:

image.thumb.jpeg.f59854e94bfc5e4cfcd644b3d9561413.jpeg

Horizon docked at Roatan, Honduras, Apr 1 2005

• Like 4

Thank you for posting.  Reminiscing .....  a wonderful cruise on her many years ago....my teen daughter and myself being part of a fashion show around the pool....dancing in the small cabaret....enjoying the close at hand shows and fine dining.  Intimacy that's gone now.

1 minute ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Our first cruise with Celebrity was on the Meridian, a beautiful old ship which also had a sad ending.

I would say a sadder ending.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:08 PM, AnnaNicole said:

Years ago, we were fortunate to sail on Horizon twice.   One of our all time favorite ships.   Small, quaint, outstanding food and service.   

Completely agree!! She set the bar very high!!!! 30 Celebrity cruises later, I have yet to have a meal that was the quality of what we first ate in the MDR (no specialty restaurants then) in 1992.    

• Like 3

Meridian, Horizon then Zenith. Classy ships with great food, met wonderful people, horse races, skeet shooting, great crew and staff. Made you feel like you were important and not just a number. Banana Foster and cherries jubilee, made over a flame right near your table. What elegance!!

• Like 5

Celebrity Horizon was my very first cruise in December of 2003.  I marveled at how huge she was and it seemed endless as it was about 11 nights or so.  Absolutely loved that ship!  And now, after almost 50 cruises on various cruise lines, Horizon is still my absolute favorite.  

• Like 2