Almost Live: Northern Isles on Rotterdam August 28th 2022

VMax1700

On 8/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, VMax1700 said:

Just a note to say that on evening 1 there were no chocolates and no towel animals.

Evening two which is 'dressy' and we have chocolates and towel animals.

Still have not received any HAL bag.

on our July 31st Rotterdam cruise we did not receive HAL bags ......and only one tile per stateroom

3 hours ago, Cruisetrekker said:

on our July 31st Rotterdam cruise we did not receive HAL bags ......and only one tile per stateroom

We were on 24 July - 14 August  (Rotterdam) and got 2 tiles and neither me nor The Boss noticed any HAL bags.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:40 PM, Cruisetrekker said:

We sure made good use of these in Bergen , Molde and Akureyi !!! I think they are in all rooms even the outsiide and inside cabins had them .

Bergen was dry and sunny yesterday and today Molde was blue sky from one horizon to the next. 61°F/16°C  I don't know why we dragged all this wet weather gear with us.  

Yah, I know, wait for Iceland.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, VMax1700 said:

We now have the option on Navigator to book a table in MDR.  It is offering the option to book all the way through to the end of the cruise.

Navigator offers booking MDR only up to 5.30pm and after 8pm.  So the prime hours are not available to pre book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight was the Culinary Council.  Totally overrated and rubbish food, in our opinion.  There was a special 'Norwegian Dinner' in Lido.  You could not find an empty table all evening.  To me, that speaks a lot.

There was fresh cod (fish & chips), salmon, meatballs (Swedish?) and lots of other things including suckling pig.  Really great dinner.

20220831_193421.thumb.jpg.6dbabd25684b97ba0a2242f87b0a53e2.jpg

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I got the gnocchi on Zuidy and was not impressed at all.  If I bother with the Chef's menu next time, I'll definitely try something else.  If I knew what day to expect it on our 1-time itinerary, I'd book Tamarind for that night.  

That bridge gives me sweaty palms just looking at the pic.  Seriously.  I have a major phobia about bridges over water.  Going up, how do I know, FOR SURE, that there's bridge over the crest?  Just no!

• Like 2

Huge crowds on deck last night 'Aurora Borealis hunting'.  Just before midnight all the outside lights were switched off and there was almost darkness over the decks.  Lots of ooohing and aaaahing, but very little of a light show.  There was still too much background light and not enough of a display to capture a good photo, but I post these ones as an indication.  You will need to look very closely and have a great imagination!

20220831_235620.thumb.jpg.22461788f136022e98028588a19f61ea.jpg

20220831_235730.thumb.jpg.eba3accbfe82f809bc03b82feea06959.jpg

20220831_235703.thumb.jpg.0dd88fe2472a73f99447599a8a0906f5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3