Canada Covid testing requirement, Inspire

Gcto

18 minutes ago, RachelG said:

You do NOT need to do 2 Arrivecan forms.  We flew in on Sunday to Montreal from the Us and had completed the forms on Friday prior.  We embarked on Regent Navigator today.  No need for a 2 nd form.

Yes, indeed

23 hours ago, RachelG said:

You do NOT need to do 2 Arrivecan forms.  We flew in on Sunday to Montreal from the Us and had completed the forms on Friday prior.  We embarked on Regent Navigator today.  No need for a 2 nd form.

Actually, you DO need a second Arrive CAN.  We just boarded Mariner today in Vancouver.  Those who did not have ArriveCAN with a date of 9/28 (for our one Canadian port stop in Victoria) were sent off to a separate seating area to work on getting one.  The people behind us in line only had the one for air arrival yesterday, and they were told they had to get a new one for the ship.

I was very glad I had taken care of ours last night.

22 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Actually, you DO need a second Arrive CAN.  We just boarded Mariner today in Vancouver.  Those who did not have ArriveCAN with a date of 9/28 (for our one Canadian port stop in Victoria) were sent off to a separate seating area to work on getting one.  The people behind us in line only had the one for air arrival yesterday, and they were told they had to get a new one for the ship.

I was very glad I had taken care of ours last night.

All I can say is that we (and our friends who are traveling with us) did not have to do a second one.  Nobody at the port was asking anyone for it as far as I could tell, and we were in Montreal for 2 days prior to embarking.

44 minutes ago, RachelG said:

All I can say is that we (and our friends who are traveling with us) did not have to do a second one.  Nobody at the port was asking anyone for it as far as I could tell, and we were in Montreal for 2 days prior to embarking.

The previous poster talks about first forum for Vancouver then arriving in Victoria and needing another form. Could this be, they were on an Alaskan cruise embarked in Vancouver (first forum) and went to the US and then arrived back in Victoria at some point later,  second forum needed since coming from US?

2 hours ago, cwn said:

The previous poster talks about first forum for Vancouver then arriving in Victoria and needing another form. Could this be, they were on an Alaskan cruise embarked in Vancouver (first forum) and went to the US and then arrived back in Victoria at some point later,  second forum needed since coming from US?

Yes, you are correct.  The second ArriveCAN is because we are arriving back in Canada on the 28th.  Embarkation was a nightmare!  Well over 2 hours.

After Sept 30, ArriveCan (and other vaccination requirements) will end for entry into Canada. I have not heard whether testing for cruise ship embarkation will also end…but at least the whole ArriveCan thing will be “optional” (not sure why anyone would use it optionally). This is a move forward and brings things back to a more normal state. 

• Like 2

We did Montreal to NYC then NYC to Southampton B2B in May-July.  We had to do the ArrivCan tor enter Canada, but NOT to board the ship 3 days later.   We then had to do a second ArrivCan prior to departing NYC even though we were staying on board.  The second one was for the NYC to Southampton leg because it was considered a "separate cruise" and was returning to some Canadian ports.