Schedule change on Northern Lights cruise

oskidunker

On most of the winter 2022 Northern Lights cruises, including ours, Stavanger was replaced with Lerwick, Shetland Islands.  We were notified of this change shortly before our cruise departed. However, I don't think any of the '22 NL cruises actually made it to Lerwick because of rough seas - we got an extra sea day instead.  We also didn't make it to Bodo because of weather conditions.  Our our cruise, Bodo was replaced at the last minutes with a stop at Trondheim instead. 

I'm not sure why Viking's website hasn't made the switch to Lerwick yet since this seems to be a permanent change for the NL cruise. 

• 1 month later...

I received a letter for February 2024 that Stavanger is being replaced with Amsterdam and Bodo is being replaced with a sea day. The itinerary change is also reflected on My Viking Journey; but it is not yet changed on the Viking website.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Moonlion said:

with a stop at Trondheim

which is probably where Viking Sky should have harbored back in March '19 instead of forging on through the storm and getting in trouble off Hustadvika. I believe the NL cruises often don't get to call at Bodo due to weather issues.