Cruise Rituals

Cruisedreamer1

Exactly what I do usually (just as LHT28) and it works great.  Also, if you get to Baristas early when no one is there, the Baristas will often fill you in on the ship's "gossip" or even more important issues.

Wiks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Touch have the side of the ship as i cross the threshold to say hello. 

Try not to look like a wimp and cry (from happiness - I fail with that one every time with disembarkation but not from happiness).

Turkey, mashed potato and green beans in the Terrace!

I save the Baristas trip for the first morning, very early.

Test our beverage package and make sure that it works! In June on the Riviera (Martinis), it worked great right from the get go! 🤣

Edited by DENIE
Update content
  • Like 2

Check bags with hotel concierge. Enjoy the port city with a long lunch of local delicacies. 

Get to the ship at 15:00 or so for an easy check in. Buy our beverage package upgrade to the premium package, head to the cabin to dump the carry on. Go to the bar for bubbly .

If in a PH, listen to the Butler’s pitch for on board wine tastings and Bin End specials. Short wait for luggage delivery to unpack while I obtain another glass of bubbly. If in an A2, trek downstairs to explore the options not given by the butler.

Head upstairs to Horizons, after safety drill,  for Happy Hour and sail away. Sometimes off to the upper deck for even more spectacular sail aways depending upon port. Depending upon itinerary a M&G may be involved.  As events evolve, off to the GDR for dinner with newly meet cruisers. Times flexible depending upon events. Maybe dinner is at 7:00, maybe 8:30. Who cares , it’s vacation! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DENIE said:

Test our beverage package and make sure that it works! In June on the Riviera (Martinis), it worked great right from the get go! 🤣

When you went to Cust Serv and did your bev pkg upgrade, did they still have to re-issue your key cards?

15 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

When you went to Cust Serv and did your bev pkg upgrade, did they still have to re-issue your key cards?

Yes - the beverage package symbol is imprinted on your card so servers know by looking at your card which type of beverage package you have.....when we get onboard, DH goes to guest services with cards and I head up to Waves or Terrace to find a table,   He is up at the table and we are ordering our first drinks in about 15 minutes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ToxM said:

Touch have the side of the ship as i cross the threshold to say hello. 

Try not to look like a wimp and cry (from happiness - I fail with that one every time with disembarkation but not from happiness).

Turkey, mashed potato and green beans in the Terrace!

I save the Baristas trip for the first morning, very early.

I often feel like shedding a tear too.   It always just feels like coming home.    And as soon as you step aboard, the stresses just melt away.....

Joe

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I always fly into the port the day before our cruise embarks.  I choose a local restaurant for the Pre-Cruise Dinner.  It is usually the Capital Grille which depends on the port.  We ALWAYS get to the port early and get the earliest group on board or if in the Haven, Retreat or Suite class, we have coffee in their lounge at the port.  

On board, it is drink time with my wife having a wine and I have Tequila.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 1

In December we will be giving Marina a big hug as we embark. Tried a Silverseas cruise this year and never again. Can’t beat Oceania. 
After the hug, straight to cabin,then up top for a cocktail. With prestige package, if I don’t like the cocktail (which is rare) I can always get another. 
Then off to Terrace cafe with a big anticipatory smile. 

• Like 5

On 9/1/2022 at 9:17 PM, pinotlover said:

Head upstairs to Horizons, after safety drill,  for Happy Hour and sail away. 

The new and improved safety protocols eliminates the muster drill. So,watch the TV show ( which you must do if you want your TV to ever show anythIng else) while you unpack then head to your muster station  to have your cards scanned and then off to Martinis!