HAL drops testing!

julia

Strangely enough, we had a phone call this morning fromHAL reminding us of the vaccination and testing for our cruise tomorrow.  Never had that happen before!  Maybe they’re having a lot of questions from guests who can’t figure it all out….

15 minutes ago, AllureOfVacation said:

I can not find in their documents what "vaccinated" means. We are double vaccinated and boostered. But the booster shot is like 10 months ago. Are we still considered vaccinated? Is this somewhere to be found in HALs protocols?

Have a look at this updated protocol pdf… covers until the beginning of Jan 2023.

Some require a booster,  some just the original series.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/enhanced-health-protocol-090922.pdf

9 minutes ago, Djb4CC said:

Have a look at this updated protocol pdf… covers until the beginning of Jan 2023.

Some require a booster,  some just the original series.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/enhanced-health-protocol-090922.pdf

I was already aware of this document because our upcoming cruises are on it. 

It's nice to see someone help others and post the facts as they stand today.  Thank you and great post!

1 hour ago, AllureOfVacation said:

I can not find in their documents what "vaccinated" means. We are double vaccinated and boostered. But the booster shot is like 10 months ago. Are we still considered vaccinated? Is this somewhere to be found in HALs protocols?

To me some of the definitions sound like they contradict each other.  In one place FULLY VACCINATED does not require a booster and in another section FULLY VACCINATED requires at least one booster. Am I reading this wrong?

(Updated) What is considered Fully Vaccinated?

Fully vaccinated means that a guest received all the doses in an authorized or approved primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

Up to date means that a guest is fully vaccinated, and received at least 1 booster dose, if eligible before embarkation.   Guests are considered “up to date” from the date of receiving their booster dose.

ENHANCED PROTOCOLS

VACCINATION: All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months to be considered “fully vaccinated.” Only one booster dose is needed to be considered fully vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, AryMay said:

To me some of the definitions sound like they contradict each other.  In one place FULLY VACCINATED does not require a booster and in another section FULLY VACCINATED requires at least one booster. Am I reading this wrong?

(Updated) What is considered Fully Vaccinated?

Fully vaccinated means that a guest received all the doses in an authorized or approved primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

Up to date means that a guest is fully vaccinated, and received at least 1 booster dose, if eligible before embarkation.   Guests are considered “up to date” from the date of receiving their booster dose.

ENHANCED PROTOCOLS

VACCINATION: All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months to be considered “fully vaccinated.” Only one booster dose is needed to be considered fully vaccinated.

No contradiction... The difference is in the terms 'fully vaccinated' (first two primary doses), and 'Up to date' (booster doses).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

No contradiction... The difference is in the terms 'fully vaccinated' (first two primary doses), and 'Up to date' (booster doses).

But if you read the last paragraph it states a booster is required to be fully vaccinated. 

The first part (“fully vaccinated”) is a little vague because it’s trying to describe both the Moderna/Pfizer types that are a 2-shot sequence, and the kinds like J&J that are complete with only one shot.

The enhanced protocols move the goalposts by requiring people to be “up to date” as well.

…But that’s the price of admission for Canadian cruising right now, so that’s fine.