HAL drops testing!

julia

This is directly from the HAL website today... (accents by me).

Simplified Cruising

We have relaxed our global protocols and travel requirements. *Starting on Sept. 6, 2022, all travelers are invited to cruise with us, regardless of vaccination status.

Vaccinations are not required on most voyages. Vaccinated guests will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to show proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated guests are welcome aboard with a self-administered COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of embarkation.

Some voyages require Enhanced Protocols. Before you cruise, check our  Enhanced Protocols PDF to find out if if your voyage requires additional health regulation requirements.

If your voyage is not included on the Enhanced Protocols PDF, you can learn more about guidelines specific to your destination here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, denniseff said:

Tried to verify this. It would really simplify matters for me since I live in Portland, OR and have to travel to South Florida. Have already arranged flights so will be two days early for the cruise in FLL.  Good news to me!

Log onto HAL website and go to Health Protocols to verify....

• Like 1

Something is not right here I am on the new Amsterdam September 11 it is not on the list but Canada still says I need a Test While other cruises on the new Amsterdam out of Vancouver is on the list don’t make sense I would love not to have to test but very confused

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Looked at my Panama Canal Cruises San Diego to FLL and Back 1/23 and 2/4 not on the list with ZAANDAM.
So now Panama is okay?

just bought my proctored emed tests LOL! Oh well. Glad to see 

the changes. 

Denise 😊

Denise:

The list I'm looking at only goes thru Jan 3, 2023.... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I don’t know about cruises that just have a stop in Canada, but definitely any cruise that begins in Canada requires a test before embarkation. Given that the Canada cruise season ends next month, they won’t likely change that before the start of next season.

You are most probably correct... but my sailing is NOT on the list.  Do I trust the list?  NOPE!  🤣

39 minutes ago, rdemn said:

Something is not right here I am on the new Amsterdam September 11 it is not on the list but Canada still says I need a Test While other cruises on the new Amsterdam out of Vancouver is on the list don’t make sense I would love not to have to test but very confused

I'm on that same sailing and now I have no idea where we stand. I have been told by HAL, that our 2 doses of the mederna vaccine are all that we need but now do we need a booster? And do we still need to take a monitored covid test? Ugh....I'm so ready for things to become easy again, lol

• Like 1

For Australia it says that a "medically observed or self-administered antigen test within 24 hours" is required.  What do they mean by a self- administered antigen test? Apparently not medically observed as it does say "or."  So can we use one of the free at home tests?  And how do we prove this? 

image.png.3fe05f7abc446d100be5c74dcfbcb3bc.png

2 minutes ago, southernshug said:

I'm on that same sailing and now I have no idea where we stand. I have been told by HAL, that our 2 doses of the mederna vaccine are all that we need but now do we need a booster? And do we still need to take a monitored covid test? Ugh....I'm so ready for things to become easy again, lol

I’m on Nieuw Statendam Oct 2nd. Same situation, when I booked I wa told w/o booster I needed a PCr test 72 hours before and 2 doses was Okay. Now, according to this list I need 1 booster. I had a reaction to the 1st two and have since developed some other  arm/hand issues. 
I guess I need to talk to my TA in Tuesday. Thank goodness I have insurance for CfAR.

That info is definitely confusing…I am fully vaccinated and boarding NS (Boston to Quebec) 9/17.  Since it’s not on the list (and I see no other “New England” cruises either) do I need to test?  They haven’t changed the Canada protocols from the rest of the sail safe verbiage on the website but it seems that the list mostly contains Alaska Seattle/Vancouver boarding cruises….

Has anyone actually received this info in the form of an email for their upcoming cruises?  

12 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’m on Nieuw Statendam Oct 2nd. Same situation, when I booked I wa told w/o booster I needed a PCr test 72 hours before and 2 doses was Okay. Now, according to this list I need 1 booster. I had a reaction to the 1st two and have since developed some other  arm/hand issues. 
I guess I need to talk to my TA in Tuesday. Thank goodness I have insurance for CfAR.

The only reason we decided to take another cruise is because our 2 vaccines were enough! My husband had a horrible reaction as well and mine wasn't much better. I just talked to someone at HAL yesterday, regarding upgrading our cabin and he said we didnt need to test and the 2 doses were fine and yet.....I still feel like I don't know for sure, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1