Aqua Class Cabins Positioning on Celebrity Equinox

Floridastorm

All of the Aqua Class Cabins are on Deck 11. Right beneath Deck 12 which is a heavy activity deck. I booked a Balcony Cabin due to this factor. For those that have traveled in the Aqua Class Cabins Is there a lot of disturbance due to being right below deck 12? 😟

Info appreciated.  

12 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

All of the Aqua Class Cabins are on Deck 11. Right beneath Deck 12 which is a heavy activity deck. I booked a Balcony Cabin due to this factor. For those that have traveled in the Aqua Class Cabins Is there a lot of disturbance due to being right below deck 12? 😟

Info appreciated.  

On my last AquaClass sailing I was in 1135, at the back and I experienced only motion and rocking that would be typical on a higher deck. But I never heard any noise from below or around the halls, since that part of ship was a "bit" excluded.

Also, as I was in the very back, and was subjected to any noise from the Terrace or the movie screen. In fact, I was above the Oceanview Bar and it was still relatively quiet.

However,  this was in December 2019 on Infinity, so I will take a for granted that other ships will have a very different AquaClass experience on Deck 11.

Edited by SireDoime
stuff
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I was in 1523 on the Equinox. My mom and dad in 1525. Deck 11.   Perfect.  No noise since the cabins were under the spa treatment rooms.  No motion either.

🍹

I guess it depends what you have above you on deck 12. I see that cabins on deck 11 below other cabins on deck 12 in the aft of the ship possibly would not experienced any noise. But being directly under the pools on deck 12 , in the middle of the ship, might be a problem. By the way, did you like the Aqua Class Cabins and were they worth the extra amount above the cost of a balcony? 

23 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I guess it depends what you have above you on deck 12. I see that cabins on deck 11 below other cabins on deck 12 in the aft of the ship possibly would not experienced any noise. But being directly under the pools on deck 12 , in the middle of the ship, might be a problem. By the way, did you like the Aqua Class Cabins and were they worth the extra amount above the cost of a balcony? 

I chose the cabins I did, specifically not to be under anything noisy, no overhang outside of the balcony, nothing across in the hallway.   I do alot of research when choosing cabins. 😅  It has always worked.  😉

I've had Deck 10 Concierge on the starboard side up front on other Celebrity S-class ships.  When we decided to try Aqua, the starboard side cabins were under the gym and treadmills and I read multiple reviews about noise, so went with port side. 

I've always had at least Concierge so used to some extra perks.  AquaClass has a few more cabin amenities but honestly,  I don't do Yoga so the Yoga mats weren't used.   They have some extra things you get to pick now.  The biggest advantage was Blu.  We all agreed we would book at least AquaClass going forward.   We never used the Persian gardens.  We took a tour the first day but never got there.   The extra Captain’s Club Points are a plus.  AquaClass also gets you afternoon canapes, a welcome bottle of champagne, umbrellas to use (hopefully not needed), binoculars,  upgraded toiletries,  some extra Room Service items, and a few other things.

The Equinox had a partial revolution in 2019. The AquaClass and Concierge cabins received new carpet, reupholstered couches, new drapes and new beds.  The regular veranda cabins only received new beds and drapes.  The color scheme doesn't match as well now in the regular veranda cabins.  Regular veranda, Concierge and AquaClass are all the same size and layout. 

If you want pictures of anything, just let me know.   

🍹

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I chose the cabins I did, specifically not to be under anything noisy, no overhang outside of the balcony, nothing across in the hallway.   I do alot of research when choosing cabins. 😅  It has always worked.  😉

I've had Deck 10 Concierge on the starboard side up front on other Celebrity S-class ships.  When we decided to try Aqua, the starboard side cabins were under the gym and treadmills and I read multiple reviews about noise, so went with port side. 

I've always had at least Concierge so used to some extra perks.  AquaClass has a few more cabin amenities but honestly,  I don't do Yoga so the Yoga mats weren't used.   They have some extra things you get to pick now.  The biggest advantage was Blu.  We all agreed we would book at least AquaClass going forward.   We never used the Persian gardens.  We took a tour the first day but never got there.   The extra Captain’s Club Points are a plus.  AquaClass also gets you afternoon canapes, a welcome bottle of champagne, umbrellas to use (hopefully not needed), binoculars,  upgraded toiletries,  some extra Room Service items, and a few other things.

The Equinox had a partial revolution in 2019. The AquaClass and Concierge cabins received new carpet, reupholstered couches, new drapes and new beds.  The regular veranda cabins only received new beds and drapes.  The color scheme doesn't match as well now in the regular veranda cabins.  Regular veranda, Concierge and AquaClass are all the same size and layout. 

If you want pictures of anything, just let me know.   

🍹

Thank You   - 👍

• Like 1

I have sailed in several " Hump" AQ cabins, and mid/ aft cabins - never had noise issues and we like "overhang" cabins. I would not book under gym, or AQ cafe on the port size. Under beauty salon is OK. Depending on itinerary under the pool area might be problematic- chair set up noise and late party music. 

I've sailed Aqua Class on S class ships many times and had very little, if any, issues.  One time we were underneath the pool area right where the band played.  We could hear the music but it was not that big a deal and it never played really late.  You might encounter some minor noise if underneath the buffet, or minor noise in the morning of moving deck chairs if underneath the pool deck.  As far as being beneath the pool area, it depends on the cruise as well.  We've been on cold weather cruises (Alaska, Norway) where the pool area was rarely if ever used and there wasn't music playing so being underneath that area was no big deal at all.  On hot weather cruises with a lot of sea days you might have more music playing and of course more people near the pool.  Best to check the sticky with specific cabin info on noise in a particular cabin.

We prefer the Aqua Class staterooms on Equinox that are towards the front of the ship...we enjoy the close proximity to the Fitness Center and Sky Lounge and don't mind the walk to the buffet or restaurants that are more aft.

We have never experienced any disbursing noise, but we are early risers. Also, it is fun to be able to peek into the wings of the bridge when arriving or leaving a port.

• Like 2

We just got off Equinox in an Aqua stateroom, starboard side under the Solarium. We had an overhang. We loved the location as we spend most of our time on board on the outside decks. It was so convenient! We were also close to the gym and Persian Gardens which we also liked. The only time I noticed noise above us was one night when they were doing a deep cleaning of the Solarium. But that was when I was getting ready for dinner and it didn’t bother me at all. The overhang was great. We spent most mornings comfortably on our deck in the very hot and humid Caribbean. To me the cabins I would avoid are anything near the Atrium on any level. There is constant music and noise that just shoots right up from deck

three. We often commented on how loud the interior of the ship was. It was so difficult to talk to anyone at Guest Services. But I think I may have become an upper deck convert!

I'm not sure why A1s just below the pool are considered "premium"....as noise might be a significant issue!

We just booked 1586 and 1586.....just below the Pool Bar....should we move to the cabins below Slush (1576 and 1578). Maybe drop back to an A2 in the back so we won't have gym noise?

I did consult the spreadsheet (sticky) and reviews were mixed. I'm soooo confused!

Edited by CaroleSS

Although we are Elite Plus and eligible for the one category upgrade, for Aqua class on S-class ships we always book A2's strictly because of locations of what's above us on deck 12.  For that reason, we have always chosen (and fortunately one has always been available) port side cabins 1621,1625 or 1629.

Main reasons in addtion to preferring cruising port side are these cabins are closest to mid ship and with all three the bed is by the balcony. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:46 PM, Maggie North said:

We prefer the Aqua Class staterooms on Equinox that are towards the front of the ship...we enjoy the close proximity to the Fitness Center and Sky Lounge and don't mind the walk to the buffet or restaurants that are more aft.

We have never experienced any disbursing noise, but we are early risers. Also, it is fun to be able to peek into the wings of the bridge when arriving or leaving a port.

We’re the complete opposite, prefer aft as our morning routine is to get coffee from the buffet and get to sip coffee while walking outside  (sometimes a lap or two around track) to enjoy the view assuming there is one, before visiting the fitness center.  Also Blu is aft and all specialty restaurants are aft.  We visit a food venue daily, gym near-daily and the spa only on sea days, usually right after the gym

• Like 1

Truth be told, we book staterooms all over the ships...but higher levels mostly. As soon as we board, we start exploring and decide "this is best location"....then next cruise, we change our minds!  Ha! Sometimes when we have cruises close together, we find ourselves walking back towards a previous stateroom...oops! 

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We’re the complete opposite, prefer aft as our morning routine is to get coffee from the buffet and get to sip coffee while walking outside  (sometimes a lap or two around track) to enjoy the view assuming there is one, before visiting the fitness center.  Also Blu is aft and all specialty restaurants are aft.  We visit a food venue daily, gym near-daily and the spa only on sea days, usually right after the gym

Same reasons we book there as well.