Bed Location for Balcony Cabin 9150 on Symphony

blueslily

Hello All,

I'm writing to ask if anyone can confirm that in Balcony Cabin 9150 on the Symphony, the bed is located by the balcony. I used the formula that some people have posted on here for figuring out bed location, and I think the bed is indeed by the balcony. But, I could be calculating wrong. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hello All,

I'm writing to ask if anyone can confirm that in Balcony Cabin 9150 on the Symphony, the bed is located by the balcony. I used the formula that some people have posted on here for figuring out bed location, and I think the bed is indeed by the balcony. But, I could be calculating wrong. 

Thanks!

Bed is by the balcony. 

On 9/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, blueslily said:

Hello All,

Thanks!

What is the formula?  I couldn't find it

The bed location alternates every other room.  Find a picture of a room close to your room, the work it out from there.  In this case I found a picture right next door to 9150, Room 9148 has the bed by the bath, therefor 9150 should have the bed by the balcony.  

SymSup914-24797-1556646708[1].webp

• Like 2

13 hours ago, h18furball said:

The bed location alternates every other room.  Find a picture of a room close to your room, the work it out from there.  In this case I found a picture right next door to 9150, Room 9148 has the bed by the bath, therefor 9150 should have the bed by the balcony.  

SymSup914-24797-1556646708[1].webp

Even easier than hunting for pictures.

Look at the deck plans.  Find a room thet holds 4 guests.  The bed will be by the bath.  The cabins on either side will therefore be bed by bakcony.  Pattern repeats bath. Balcony, bath, balcony.....

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Even easier than hunting for pictures.

Look at the deck plans.  Find a room thet holds 4 guests.  The bed will be by the bath.  The cabins on either side will therefore be bed by bakcony.  Pattern repeats bath. Balcony, bath, balcony.....

Isn't there a "connecting cabin" piece to this formula?

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Isn't there a "connecting cabin" piece to this formula?

That is another way to figure it out but there are a lot more cabins that hold 4 than there are connecting so using the way I mentioned is easier (less counting).

The connecting cabin explanation is..

Find a pair of connecting cabins and look at it as if you are standing in the hallway.  The cabin on your right has the bed by the balcony and the cabin on the left has the bed by the bath.that pattern repeats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is another way to figure it out but there are a lot more cabins that hold 4 than there are connecting so using the way I mentioned is easier (less counting).

Find a pair of connecting cabins and look at it as if you are standing in the hallway.  The cabin on your right has the bed by the balcony and the cabin on the left has the bed by the bath.that pattern repeats. 

Yes, This is the formula that I was referring to and the formula that I used. This cabin is actually the connecting room on the right so it was easier to calculate.

However, some folks recommend not being in a cabin with a connecting door because you can hear more sounds through that door than if it was a solid wall. So, we might try to change rooms if another cabin in that area with the bed location we want opens up. 

Is it true that you hear more noise/sounds from your neighbors when you are in cabins with connecting doors? The cabins on both sides of us are only for 2 so we are not in between cabins that hold more people. Thanks

6 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Yes, This is the formula that I was referring to and the formula that I used. This cabin is actually the connecting room on the right so it was easier to calculate.

However, some folks recommend not being in a cabin with a connecting door because you can hear more sounds through that door than if it was a solid wall. So, we might try to change rooms if another cabin in that area with the bed location we want opens up. 

Is it true that you hear more noise/sounds from your neighbors when you are in cabins with connecting doors? The cabins on both sides of us are only for 2 so we are not in between cabins that hold more people. Thanks

All depends on your neighbours.

If you are in a cabin that is classified as connecting you would only be able to move to another connecting cabin at no charge.  Moving to any other cabin will result in the cabin being repriced

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All depends on your neighbours.

If you are in a cabin that is classified as connecting you would only be able to move to another connecting cabin at no charge.  Moving to any other cabin will result in the cabin being repriced

We are certainly hoping for a repriced cabin, hahaha.  Thanks

22 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Just out of curosity why are so many people concerned where the bed placement is.  Never really cared as long as it was on a ship.

I doubt that it is a MAJOR concern for most, but some people find the cabin more spacious if you enter and the sofa is there, leaving a large swath of floor open.  

On OASIS,  it makes a difference because it's hard to open the closet door with the bed closest to it.  Bad design.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No 4 passenger cabins on "my" hallway.  😉  ALL two-tops.  😄 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Just out of curosity why are so many people concerned where the bed placement is.  Never really cared as long as it was on a ship.

We would prefer the bed by the closet because we can sit on the sofa, which is closer to the balcony, and have a nice view of the ocean.  It certainly is a personal preference.

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

On OASIS,  it makes a difference because it's hard to open the closet door with the bed closest to it.  Bad design.

Both Oasis and Allure have that set up and I agree they are a terrible design so I will book the bed by the balcony.  On SY, HM, WN and Q class I don't care as it is a much better layout