Anytime dining

RoePost

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If you're on YTD and still want the same wait staff that can only be done by requesting that service team's section at the restaurant host desk once your reservation is available.  

Agreed - going to the host table is the only way to guarantee the same section. But the last few cruises I've been on, they've sat me in the same section (if not the same table) every night automatically if available which is good enough for me. I just check in on the Hub app.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mz-s said:

Agreed - going to the host table is the only way to guarantee the same section. But the last few cruises I've been on, they've sat me in the same section (if not the same table) every night automatically if available which is good enough for me. I just check in on the Hub app.

That happened to us as well. 2 out of the 7 nights the table was being used already so they sat us at a table right next to the one we previously sat at but we still had the same waitstaff who were awesome especially Sudira. He kept it tight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChuckF said:

We generally do late dining.  Heading out on 16 day Journeys cruise next month.  If we have signed up for late dining, but on a particular night would prefer an earlier meal, can we do YTD instead?

No.  YTD is an assigned dining "time" just like early and late dining.  Unfortunately, if you cannot make your assigned dining time, then you will be on the Lido for dinner 🙂 

25 minutes ago, ChuckF said:

We generally do late dining.  Heading out on 16 day Journeys cruise next month.  If we have signed up for late dining, but on a particular night would prefer an earlier meal, can we do YTD instead?

Unless a Maitre D makes a one time exception, you're not allowed to switch back and forth between assigned time and YTD.  

If you want to eat earlier one night you could always eat at the Lido or make specialty dining reservations.

52 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

No.  YTD is an assigned dining "time" just like early and late dining.  Unfortunately, if you cannot make your assigned dining time, then you will be on the Lido for dinner 🙂 

If you aren't sure you want to eat at the same time every night, your best bet is to just sign up for YTD.  If you want to eat at the same time most nights (even with the same wait staff team), you can still do that.

I find it funny that the difference between 2 tables for 2 and sitting at a table for 4 with strangers is about 4 inches. Last week, we did not request the same waitstaff (I would have actually preferred different, but not enough to say anything), but got the same section all week. Except for the first night, we were at the same table. I noticed there were a few others in the area that were seated at the same tables night after night as well.

3 hours ago, ypcat said:

I find it funny that the difference between 2 tables for 2 and sitting at a table for 4 with strangers is about 4 inches. Last week, we did not request the same waitstaff (I would have actually preferred different, but not enough to say anything), but got the same section all week. Except for the first night, we were at the same table. I noticed there were a few others in the area that were seated at the same tables night after night as well.

One of the differences is you are almost expected to talk and visit when at a table for four.  That is fine if that is what you want to do.  Many of us have jobs where we talk to people for a living.  A cruise is a time to take a break from what we do for a living.  Even four inches gives us at least an excuse to not talk. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, drjpreston said:

One of the differences is you are almost expected to talk and visit when at a table for four.  That is fine if that is what you want to do.  Many of us have jobs where we talk to people for a living.  A cruise is a time to take a break from what we do for a living.  Even four inches gives us at least an excuse to not talk. 

Exactly.  It would be rude not to talk to them if you were sitting at the same table.  Not the case if you are at a separate one, no matter how close it is.  

I'm on Legend 10/1 and my T.A. booked us for "Early Dining".  I really wanted YTD and thought I could change it but it doesn't seem possible.  My T.A. also tried but couldn't.  Any ideas on how I can make it happen please?  Is it worth asking the MaitreD once onboard?

3 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I'm on Legend 10/1 and my T.A. booked us for "Early Dining".  I really wanted YTD and thought I could change it but it doesn't seem possible.  My T.A. also tried but couldn't.  Any ideas on how I can make it happen please?  Is it worth asking the MaitreD once onboard?

Yes, the matra d  will have a listing on the fun times on the first day when you board. Go at the beginning of the listed time. If the can accommodate you they will.  Definitely worth a try.