YC vs Bella

Singleandnotmingling

Hello! So I understand that the yacht club on this line is the highest level experience. I will be flying in from NY before I go home to Naples just for a quick 4 nighter cruise. I’m looking to read my book in different places, listen to music, watch shows, eat and look at the sea. I’m not a “fancy” person and I am very happy with the little things. 
I am seeing a lot of comments on here basically saying that if you take the Bella, it is not guaranteed to be a great cruise. I’m a firm believer that a cruise is what you make of it, and it’s hard to have a bad time on a cruise. Based on the things I listed above, is there anything that I am missing by getting the Bella experience as opposed to a higher up? Thank you 

Edited by Singleandnotmingling

We have sailed only Bella, and we loved those cruises.

We chose Bella because we wanted set dining times, and we do not use room service, so that was a good fit.  Cabin-wise, we were very happy with what we had.  And everything else - shows, food, etc. - was the same as in any other non-YC level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

....Based on the things I listed above, is there anything that I am missing by getting the Bella experience as opposed to a higher up? Thank you 

Based on those particular aspects you list, no! 

Biggest downside on Bella for me is that you cannot choose your cabin location anymore, so you might end up on a more nosy part of the ship. Then again, don't expect the ship to be as nosy as a Costa of Carnival ship to begin with, so perhaps their aren't necessarily bad cabin locations? Either way, Bella is no reason for your cruise to become a negative experience. I just believe that a relatively high percentage of YC-pax. is part of the CruiseCritic-community.

Naaaaa.  If all you want is the basics, then Bella will work for ya.

That's all I get 99% of time on MSC.  I just walk around and find me a quiet or cool location and read.  Even will take earbuds and watch movies in the general public area.

Our first time with MSC was Bella experience (was able to pick a cabin then).  We were ok with it but upcoming cruise with MSC we will go with Fantastica because of this we are enable to pick a cabin/location.

Keep in mind the buffet on MSC might not open until 7 AM (Divina) if you need to have coffee earlier you might need to go with Fantastica so you can order room service.

For the price and MSC ship is beautiful.  

Have a good cruise

22 hours ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

I am seeing a lot of comments on here basically saying that if you take the Bella, it is not guaranteed to be a great cruise.

This is ridiculous as most of the Fantastica benefits have very limited use for the majority of cruisers. As all others said, it is mainly about choosing the cabin by yourself or not. On the other hand, the price difference between Bella and Fantastica is usually so small, not really worth to think too much about it. You pay a little bit more and get a little bit more. If it will be a great cruise or not has zero to do with this choice. 

• Like 3

On 9/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, shipgeeks said:

We have sailed only Bella, and we loved those cruises.

We chose Bella because we wanted set dining times, and we do not use room service, so that was a good fit.  Cabin-wise, we were very happy with what we had.  And everything else - shows, food, etc. - was the same as in any other non-YC level.

This.

We have only sailed Bella interior cabin and have enjoyed all our cruise on MSC.

We do like to chose our cabin and now that Bella is only a guarantee. we will need to "upgrade" to Fantastica.

Edited by Homosassa

The YC is a suite "enclave" on the front of the ship. For a 4 nights cruise, I believe it being too much!... You'll be fine on Bella. Actually all my cruises were on such a Bella similar; or say; as part of small charter groups with guaranteed cabins. Yeah, you may be put on a less than desirable part of the ship, but again; the difference to Fantastica on a 4 nights cruise might to be on the USD 20-50 range, so, if I were you; I'd upgrade for the sake of being able to choose your own cabin. Other than that, a 4 nights cruise will give you an opportunity to to see if this line is or not for you. Want to read a book in many places? Tonnes of places toi do so inside the ship at a sea day while most are on the pool deck. Nice, quick and easy!... Have a nice day!...

7 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

There is coffee 24/7 in the Buffet on the Divina

Things might change now but that how it was on our sailing on October 2021 the buffet did not open until 7AM and it was only place we could get coffee from.

7 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Things might change now but that how it was on our sailing on October 2021 the buffet did not open until 7AM and it was only place we could get coffee from.

That the buffet is not open usually not means that you cannot go to the drink stations. Did you try to attack the buffet area from the front and back entrance before 7AM?