Is Concierge Worth It

swjumbo

2 hours ago, higgib said:

We got a concierge cabin through ‘Move Up’. We were not told the time of the embarkation lunch and nobody thought to check that we would be on board in time. Also Southampton was rammed when we arrived so by the time we got on board we’d missed lunch. There were no binoculars, umbrella or hairdryer in our cabin and we had to go down to the concierge office to get some. We were not offered sparkling wine or the pillow menu, and only realised that these should have been available when it was too late to have them. All in all, I’m glad we didn’t pay full price for the concierge cabin as I’d have been devastated. My husband said that what we did have was the most expensive cubes of cheese we’d ever had! 

This sounds terrible.

Have concierges been too thinly spread across too many staterooms?

I've got the same room booked on two separate cruises next year to see if Celebrity might be a good option as a cruise line.

Wondering now...

49 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

This sounds terrible.

Have concierges been too thinly spread across too many staterooms?

I've got the same room booked on two separate cruises next year to see if Celebrity might be a good option as a cruise line.

Wondering now...

The Concierge team are 2-3 persons adjunct to the Guest Relations team. I never knew there to be more than one Concierge, but apparently more now on some ships? Doubling with Guest Relations staff? But these are Not the room stewards, they are Not to be confused with the personal attention apparently provided to some Suite guests by the Butlers or whatever their new title is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

The Concierge team are 2-3 persons adjunct to the Guest Relations team. I never knew there to be more than one Concierge, but apparently more now on some ships? Doubling with Guest Relations staff? But these are Not the room stewards, they are Not to be confused with the personal attention apparently provided to some Suite guests by the Butlers or whatever their new title is.

Aha. Ok. I'll be in an Edge Villa on two different sailings next year. Based upon your feedback, different concierge staff then, I presume. I'm trying out Celebrity, so the thread title had me concerned. 

I see that several of the folks here are happy to book Concierge but they have not tried other balcony staterooms.  Concierge staterooms are identical size to balcony staterooms, including the balconies, other than locations and some variations on locations the balcony size can vary a little.  The in-room menus are also the same.  Stateroom attendants also provide the same service.  The main difference is the number of points that you earn towards loyalty status.  The canapes are so horrible that you are better off going up to the buffet to pick up what you really want.

Edited by Retired888
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Retired888 said:

I see that several of the folks here are happy to book Concierge but they have not tried other balcony staterooms.  Concierge staterooms are identical size to balcony staterooms, including the balconies, other than locations and some variations on locations the balcony size can vary a little.  The in-room menus are also the same.  Stateroom attendants also provide the same service.  The main difference is the number of points that you earn towards loyalty status.  The canapes are so horrible that you are better off going up to the buffet to pick up what you really want.

The room service menus differ slightly when it comes to the Breakfast which seems to make a difference for many. Do regular cabins also have to Co. Bigelow branded toiletries or still the Lather stuff? I do enjoy the pillow menu in Concierge as well as the daily brief by the concierge desk about the destination that goes well beyond what the Celebrity Today describes.

That being said I agree, the rooms are identical (at least on Edge Class) and in many cases the CC decks are not very nice locations. That Celebrity sells cabins with a clearly obstructed view by the Magic Carpet, metal strobes or an overhanging deck (11) as 0% obstructed view is simply dishonest and false advertisement. If that's not obstruction then what, do they expect a tree to grow on the middle of the ocean?

7 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

The room service menus differ slightly when it comes to the Breakfast which seems to make a difference for many. Do regular cabins also have to Co. Bigelow branded toiletries or still the Lather stuff? I do enjoy the pillow menu in Concierge as well as the daily brief by the concierge desk about the destination that goes well beyond what the Celebrity Today describes.

That being said I agree, the rooms are identical (at least on Edge Class) and in many cases the CC decks are not very nice locations. That Celebrity sells cabins with a clearly obstructed view by the Magic Carpet, metal strobes or an overhanging deck (11) as 0% obstructed view is simply dishonest and false advertisement. If that's not obstruction then what, do they expect a tree to grow on the middle of the ocean?

An earlier post had verbiage that said the menu was for all balcony rooms.  It means that only insides and oceanview rooms with portholes don't get the expanded menu.  

Personally I have never stayed in Concierge.  First cruise was in a regular balcony, and subsequently once in Aqua (I thought twice but my husband corrected me) and the rest of the cruises in Sky Suite.  But I had looked long and hard at Concierge and decided that the only differentiator is the lunch on the first day.  Aqua has extra jets in the shower, and the same crappy canapes.  Blu is far superior to Main Dining and we enjoy the hot stone lounger in Persian Garden.  We always buy the Persian Garden package for the whole cruise when we stay in Sky Suite.  In our opinion, the best restaurant is Luminae and we have been upgrading to Sky Suite to get Michaels and Luminae.  

22 minutes ago, Retired888 said:

An earlier post had verbiage that said the menu was for all balcony rooms.  It means that only insides and oceanview rooms with portholes don't get the expanded menu.  

Personally I have never stayed in Concierge.  First cruise was in a regular balcony, and subsequently once in Aqua (I thought twice but my husband corrected me) and the rest of the cruises in Sky Suite.  But I had looked long and hard at Concierge and decided that the only differentiator is the lunch on the first day.  Aqua has extra jets in the shower, and the same crappy canapes.  Blu is far superior to Main Dining and we enjoy the hot stone lounger in Persian Garden.  We always buy the Persian Garden package for the whole cruise when we stay in Sky Suite.  In our opinion, the best restaurant is Luminae and we have been upgrading to Sky Suite to get Michaels and Luminae.  

Having stayed in regular balcony rooms before on Solstice and Eclipse, the breakfast menu was definitely smaller hence my daily visit to Oceanview Cafe when traveling in a regular Veranda cabin.

4 hours ago, Retired888 said:

So you are telling us not to? Otherwise what is your point? With respect it’s our money so our choice.

7 hours ago, Retired888 said:

The Concierge balcony cabins are larger on the M Class ships.

Another little extra for Concierge Class is the footstools on the balcony - M & S Class ships. 

Edited by laslomas

8 hours ago, Retired888 said:

Request that they switch the canapés with cheese and crackers hummus and dip some small shrimp or whatever else you prefer 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retired888 said:

Precisely my point.  You are happy to spend your money on Concierge but the real value is in the embarkation lunch.

Sounds like you could have an early lunch onshore (with perhaps better food options) then board the ship.

33 minutes ago, Retired888 said:

Precisely my point.  You are happy to spend your money on Concierge but the real value is in the embarkation lunch.

In your opinion. Never been to the lunch, still think we get value for money.

Edited by C4HCG

4 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

In your opinion. Never been to the lunch, still think we get value for money.

I love the embarkation lunch for a variety of reasons. Firstly I enjoy the beef short ribs which I don't make at home. Don't do buffets and get onboard pretty hungry as I only have a coffee prior to getting to the ship.  I like relaxing with a glass of wine with my meal while looking out onto the port.  

8 hours ago, laslomas said:

The Concierge balcony cabins are larger on the M Class ships.

Another little extra for Concierge Class is the footstools on the balcony - M & S Class ships. 

I happened to look up the regular veranda vs CC yesterday for my September 26th cruise.  CC on deck 10 was $200 pp more than a balcony on deck 6 aft.  That's an extra $50 to go up 4 decks.  Now if it were a C1 on the wake I'd probably do it. 

44 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I happened to look up the regular veranda vs CC yesterday for my September 26th cruise.  CC on deck 10 was $200 pp more than a balcony on deck 6 aft.  That's an extra $50 to go up 4 decks.  Now if it were a C1 on the wake I'd probably do it. 

Higher isn't always better especially if you're then located right underneath that overhanging roof. Some like it for extra shade and rain protection but for others it's just an eyesore and obstruction.

5 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Higher isn't always better especially if you're then located right underneath that overhanging roof. Some like it for extra shade and rain protection but for others it's just an eyesore and obstruction.

@Fly and Sailwhat about a C1 on the wake as this is the cabin I have deck 10 right in the middle. I heard there's not much sun protection but I'm only out early morning and after 5 enjoying a cocktail. 

Just now, drakes2 said:

@Fly and Sailwhat about a C1 on the wake as this is the cabin I have deck 10 right in the middle. I heard there's not much sun protection but I'm only out early morning and after 5 enjoying a cocktail. 

Do you have a particular deck plan? I think it all boils down to personal preference. Are any of the cabins absolutely horrible? I don't think so. But some people are very sensitive when it comes to motion sickness and prefer to stay in the mid-section, some don't mind at all the like the Aft/Sunset Verandah rooms. Others love the Iconic suite and villas up front.

29 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Do you have a particular deck plan? I think it all boils down to personal preference. Are any of the cabins absolutely horrible? I don't think so. But some people are very sensitive when it comes to motion sickness and prefer to stay in the mid-section, some don't mind at all the like the Aft/Sunset Verandah rooms. Others love the Iconic suite and villas up front.

Resized_tempFileForShare_20220713-123318_20417781082263.thumb.jpeg.ed42b733f5c941fc5a9e29217f427bf8.jpeg

On 9/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, drakes2 said:

I don't think anyone would thats why there are so many available shortly before sail date.  Twice I booked a balcony when CC dropped after final payment so switched.  On this upcoming cruise it was so cheap became a no brainer 

On the other hand, when we booked our October Summit Repositioning cruise in May, we got the final CC cabin available at a price slightly higher than a regular Veranda, so CC has been  sold out for months.  Of course,  all suites and AQ were also booked.  Of course,  this is on an M class ship where there is a size difference between CC and Verandas.

Edited by capecodmercury
  • Like 1

I have a CC room booked for my 11 night cruise. I only paid a total of 80.00 for the cabin. Looking forwArd to a free bottle of bubbly as we did not purchase drink package as we only have a cocktail on occasion and pretty much drink water coffee and ice tea. I’ll ask for a switch up to fruit, veggies and or cheese for the canapés and we will go the the embarkation lunch. It will also be my husbands birthday while on board. We have not cruised in a number a years. So it made it feel just a little more special!

• Like 2