The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 6th, 2022

richwmn

37 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

You may already be reading these authors, but I enjoy David Baldacci, Ken Follet,  John Grisham, and Jeffery Archer.  For some lighter reading, I like cozy mysteries.

Lenda

14 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I am also a fan of the cozy mystery. I recommend Ann Cleeves.  Also check out my favorite Baltimore author Laura Lippmann.

4 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

We like the mysteries written by Louise Penny, set in Quebec.

Thanks to all!  Adding all of these to my list. 

I have read some of Baldacci, Grisham and Archer but good to have a reminder. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good afternoon.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.  Happy Hump Day.

I'm late (for me) posting today, seems that our router conked out and needed to be replaced so we were without internet for quite a while.  (no, I'm not addicted, really 😉)

I like salami and an occasional beer.  We don't get door-to-door mail delivery (we have a box in the post office, that's what happens when you live in a small town).

Love the quote.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

We also don't get door-to-door delivery.  In Texas, we have a cluster box near the front of the community.  In Quartzsite, since we own property, we get a free PO Box, but for the past serval years, the PO was a mess.  That's why everyone in town was happy when a new Postmaster was appointed.  From what I've read on FB, it already looks like things are improving there.

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I am also a fan of the cozy mystery. I recommend Ann Cleeves.  Also check out my favorite Baltimore author Laura Lippmann.

Tina, I've read her first book and enjoyed it, but I keep forgetting to look for more of her books.  Thanks for the reminder.

Lenda

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

I was away on our cruise (Boston-Canada-Greenland-Iceland and back), and it exceeded all my expectations!  The icebergs were amazing, the people were all so friendly, and the ship was great. Can't wait for another!! (Oh wait...we just booked our next cruise - March-April 2023 on Grand Princess, Melbourne to Sydney and then Sydney to San Francisco - total 39 days!!)

Things here are crazy since we've been home.  I'm trying to finish up at work (only 6 more working days!), and get the house in order after our painting and closet projects before the cruise.

Hoping everyone is having a good day...prayers for our friends in need, cheers for our friends celebrating.  Please take care of yourselves, this has become such a big part of my day and family!

In the spirit (spirits?) of wine, I saw this and thought of many of you!

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'Me when I'm in in a nursing home @BOOZYBETCH Need More Wine'

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes Graham, many movies filmed in the area and also Arizona in general. Near Tucson is an old movie location called Old Tucson.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tucson_Studios

You could visit and see a lot of places where movies or TV were made. One you may know is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Chaparral

Once I’m home I’ll have to look for pictures. There was a bad fire in 1995 and it took a long time to reopen and then only as a tourist attraction and also an annual Night Fall location during October for Halloween. https://nightfallaz.com/

It was sold recently, IIRC it had problems during the pandemic, etc, and now has new operators. 

Thank you Sharon.

The High Chaparral was on our UK TVs for a long time and I used to watch it every week.

Bonanza and Rawhide were also on our TVs weekly.

I liked all the Clint Eastwood westerns plus Shane etc.

Audie Murphy,Randolph Scott and John Wayne were favourites of mine too.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3