Jameson inconsistency, is it premium or classic?

Chemgoddess1

27 minutes ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

Exactly as asked, On the Celebrity page it does not even list Jameson but in my app on my upcoming cruise in Sky Lounge it is listed in the Classic package. I could have sworn it was Premium on the cruise I just got off. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I think is Classic.

I never really understand these "which package is it in" questions. Just because a drink is listed in the premium package doesn't necessarily mean you should book the premium package.

For instance, if a particular drink costs $10, it will be listed in premium not classic because it's more than $9. But practically speaking, if you have the classic package, this drink will only cost you $1. So your break-even if you decide to upgrade to premium is 15 of these drinks per day. In that case, you have a bigger problem than "which beverage package should I choose".

If you like Jameson, or any other particular brand of alcohol, the right question isn't "which package is it in?", but instead "how much is each drink?" Only then can you make an informed decision as to which package is the correct one for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Agree with Rich.  While I have not seen Jameson on any "list" with Celebrity (it is with Royal); buying a drink that costs $11 with the Classic package MAYBE costs you $2.40!  Much of the time the bartenders to don't bother with the tiny upcharge.  On Summit recently we were NEVER charged the extra.  Silly to even discuss over a dollar or two.

If I drink 15 Jamesons a day I have a far worse problem than deciding which drink package!

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

For us, the PBP is an easy decision. I like sparkling water with dinner and haven't found any wine on board that I consider drinkable for less than about $13. My wife has similar wine tastes and enjoys vitamin water throughout the day. It takes little to no effort for us to find value in the $15 upgrade price. For wine drinkers, I think the PBP is a no-brainer. All this assumes that the bartenders and sommeliers are charging appropriately.

• Like 1

The difference between the packages is $15 a day, which I could care less about. My specific question is what level it falls under. 

We can easily drink though that extra $15 if it is more than $2 per drink. Bar charges for a single Jameson can range from $12-20 depending on what city you live in. So that may be $1 up charge or it could be $6 up charge per drink. Seeing as they do not list the single price of Jameson then one would never know if it is $10 or $15 a drink. 

My husband can drink double Jameson on the rocks all day and I can drink vodka all day, have a problem? But again, that was not my question. 

I cant help with answering the specific question, but agree with @RichYak. More than a few times, I ordered what I knew was above the cost of the Classic, and the bartender didnt charge me. I even pulled my card out and they shook it off. And yes, I had a bit of Jameson - I’d rather have Tullimore Dew, but…. - and no idea if it was $1 or $5 more, they didnt charge me. So it could be Classic or a buck or so over, but no idea. 

My suggestion, not what I’d do, is since the OP doesnt care about the difference in price between the Classic and Premium, then Go Premium. And all is solved and no worries. Not sure why if the package price isnt an issue than why this is an issue.

Den

Edited by Denny01

I only drink Jameson’s as my preferred spirit,I have only done 9 Celebrity cruises and Jameson’s has been on the Classic on every one.

Now if you are talking about Irish,,,my other drink is Guinness which is also shown on Premium but not on Classic but being $9 I have always got it on the Classic,except for my last cruise in April from Southampton when they had none in stock,,not on the cruise after either.

Because of that my last x3 cruises since then has been on Cruise lines I know will stock Guinness.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm glad it's available.  I find it a bit harsh.  I tried drinking it in graduate school but switched to Macallan.

Everything tastes ‘harsh’ in Grad School!! Try it again.

Irish whiskey is distilled 3 times while Scotch is twice and bourbons once. So most all Irish should be (should be!) smoother than the others. 

Den

32 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Everything tastes ‘harsh’ in Grad School!! Try it again.

Irish whiskey is distilled 3 times while Scotch is twice and bourbons once. So most all Irish should be (should be!) smoother than the others. 

Den

I don’t think I’ll be trying it again.  Turpentine is cheaper and tastes better.

I don’t drink Johnnie Walker Red for the same reason.  I drink Black or Macallan.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:52 AM, RichYak said:

I never really understand these "which package is it in" questions. Just because a drink is listed in the premium package doesn't necessarily mean you should book the premium package.

For instance, if a particular drink costs $10, it will be listed in premium not classic because it's more than $9. But practically speaking, if you have the classic package, this drink will only cost you $1. So your break-even if you decide to upgrade to premium is 15 of these drinks per day. In that case, you have a bigger problem than "which beverage package should I choose".

If you like Jameson, or any other particular brand of alcohol, the right question isn't "which package is it in?", but instead "how much is each drink?" Only then can you make an informed decision as to which package is the correct one for you.

I enjoy the sparkling water, etc…and I don’t like to sign slips..hence, I upgrade..