New Brunch Menu-Oasis

dsvd79

5 minutes ago, riviera said:

Hope it’s available on Allure next month. Seems like it’s a nice change…..

We were on Allure Aug 20 to 28th and the brunch menu was offered one day out of the 3 we went to the MDR for breakfast - it was the last sea day. We went for breakfast that day at 8:50am and the line up was so long it went out past the entrance doors and wrapped around the elevator banks. We were going to leave but then the line started moving fairly quickly.

Once seated we were given the brunch menu that I'd never seen before. The waiter said it was fairly new and we figured out that the dining room hours were 9am to 1pm for brunch so that's why the line was so long to get in - the dining room wasn't open at 8am as usual. I didn't check the app prior as I just assumed it was status quo. Not sure if they offered this any other days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks like they basically combined the breakfast and lunch menus and made it one long seating time.

Doesn't do anything for me, personally, but more options are always a good thing.

That’s exactly right and it’s the same menu that was offered recently on Wonder of the Seas last day at sea.

It was very enjoyable,

It was offered on all the sea days on Symphony a few weeks ago. I was more surprised that the times were so different from years past rather than that the menu had changed. On sea days, the brunch times were typical of a land brunch restaurant which was unusual--if you wanted an earlier breakfast you had to do Solarium, WJ, or Loco Fresh. The times were also a fair amount different each of the sea days so you had to be careful if you were looking mainly for lunch--I think it closed at 1 on at least one of the days.

I’ve seen brunch mentioned in several “live” reports that I’ve read recently. We’re on Harmony next week. I’ve checked multiple times on the app and have not seen it listed 😞. I really hope brunch will be offered on our sailing. I would love ❤️ it!

Update: 😀 I just checked this week’s sailing in the app and brunch is listed on two days! Their itinerary is different than ours, so at least I know brunch is being offered on the ship! I’m a happy cruiser right now! 

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

Yes, had the brunch option in MDR on Allure a week ago too.    I never get up until 9 or after, so I appreciated the change

That's precisely like us. Since MDR breakfast finishes early we usually miss it unless we're on an early excursion, so I'm looking forward to being able to escape the WJ on a few mornings. I will have to negotiate this with DH though as he prefers the buffet. 😕