Shuttle Buses

amajaa

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thank you very much🙂. Do you know how much the shuttles costs, should we choose to jump on one in Madeira for example?

Hi, the below was from the Horizon paper that P&O leave outside your cabin door every evening for Madeira.  This was from our Canaries cruise on Iona last November.  The charge is the same at all ports with a shuttle.

Also have a look at this thread, as there is a link to a map with other ports.

IMG_1147.JPEG

Edited by jaydee6969

9 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Hi, the below was from the Horizon paper that P&O leave outside your cabin door every evening for Madeira.  This was from our Canaries cruise on Iona last November.  The charge is the same at all ports.

Also have a look at this thread, as there is a link to a map with other ports.

IMG_1147.JPEG

Thank you so much, that's really helpful🙂.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Thank you very much🙂. Do you know how much the shuttles costs, should we choose to jump on one in Madeira for example?

Sorry we need an accessible cabin so need to book a select fare, and dont take any notice of the shuttle fare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Leicester said:

My map is here

All updates gratefully received and I'll update.  Just message me.

Southampton if people are doing a back to back free shuttle to share with crew dropped you outside West Quay not sure if that is the same now.

Malta, Villefranche and Monaco no shuttle.

Palma De Mallorca shuttle is free for Select guests, Saver fare have to pay I believe it was around £4. Very frequent about 10 minute journey each way. Picked up from just outside the ship to a place called. Camí de l'Escullera not far from the Cathedral.

Gibraltar shuttle not provided instead taxi's for a price or can just walk into town. 5-10 minutes in a taxi. Walking around 15 mins.

Athens shuttle can be provided from ship to the terminal depends on dock though. Only like 2-3 min if that. 

Arrecife is still the same drop off.

Barcelona I believe they still drop off at the World Trade Center about 5-10mins and free for Select guests. Saver to be paid for.

Venice is Water taxi.

Dubai drop off point was the Dubai Mall. Timings can vary depending on traffic. This was back in 2019. Muscat shuttle to Mutrah Souq 5-10mins this was back in 2019. 

Has anyone got the web page or a copy of the list that was around before Covid that listed all ports and whether they were payable ( for Saver Fare) free because town provides a free shuttle or you are in a working port. Or whether you can just walk as docks in town.

13 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Barcelona I believe they still drop off at the World Trade Center about 5-10mins and free for Select guests. Saver to be paid for.

There is also the "Blue Bus"  which may work out cheaper for non select

We have never used it  but have read about it before on CC

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

There is also the "Blue Bus"  which may work out cheaper for non select

We have never used it  but have read about it before on CC

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

Recently visiting Barcelona the blue bus was waiting at the World Trade Center after the shuttle drop off!

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Has anyone got the web page or a copy of the list that was around before Covid that listed all ports and whether they were payable ( for Saver Fare) free because town provides a free shuttle or you are in a working port. Or whether you can just walk as docks in town.

This is the information I have re shuttles hope it works

PO_Shuttle_Information.pdf

• Thanks 1

A few updates for your list… Arecife is a complete waste of money and a bit of an embarrassment to use even if you’re on a select fare, for those that have used it recently you’ll know what I mean 🤦‍♂️

Hamburg… the Iona had so many passengers yesterday that there were 3 drop off locations in play. Rotterdam tomorrow… Iona again, no shuttle is being provided at all. 
Ps… In Hamburg we moored at the Konprinzkai Sternwerder terminal which doesn’t allow for easy access into the centre and a bit of a hike if you fancy walking in. 

Edited by devonuk
Addition
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Arecife is a complete waste of money and a bit of an embarrassment to use even if you’re on a select fare, for those that have used it recently you’ll know what I mean 🤦‍♂️

Although if you dock  at the old commercial port,  rather than the new cruise port, the shuttle can be worthwhile. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Lanzarote never really had  a good drop off from what I remember. Would make more sense to drop off near the mall maybe

The drop off at the new terminal is at the port entrance and I reckon it’s a couple hundred metres at best from the mooring and the value for money would be one out of ten on a good day. By the time you’ve clicked your seat belt in you’re releasing it again. The expression on users faces sums it up, pure disbelief 😳

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Lanzarote never really had  a good drop off from what I remember. Would make more sense to drop off near the mall maybe

As Devonuk has pointed out, the new terminal is extremely close to the city centre. Perhaps you are thinking of the older terminal ? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As Devonuk has pointed out, the new terminal is extremely close to the city centre. Perhaps you are thinking of the older terminal ? 

No it used to drop off on some waste ground with the buses having to shuffle round after drop off to find a suitable position for the return pick up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No it used to drop off on some waste ground with the buses having to shuffle round after drop off to find a suitable position for the return pick up.

Not anymore - well, not last April anyway. The buses just drive 250 yards or so to the turning circle at the start of the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devonuk said:

The drop off at the new terminal is at the port entrance and I reckon it’s a couple hundred metres at best from the mooring and the value for money would be one out of ten on a good day. By the time you’ve clicked your seat belt in you’re releasing it again. The expression on users faces sums it up, pure disbelief 😳

We have docked twice in Arrecife in the last 18 months both at different docks and both times shuttles dropped off at different places. So depending on where the ship docks and whether you have mobility issues certainly wouldn't say it was not worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not anymore - well, not last April anyway. The buses just drive 250 yards or so to the turning circle at the start of the cruise terminal.

Yeah in October dropped us off like a minute down the road from the ship. Has TerrierJohn said It use to drop a bit further down but trouble was so many cars parked around the area. On maps shows a centro commercial open mall which looks alright has long as their is parking nearby or in general just a better location. 

• Like 1