Carnival Pride 10-day cruise to (Pompeii), (Mt. Etna), Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Olympia, Turkey, plus train around Italy

IntrepidFromDC

I booked the ferry one way but will take the faster train when I leave.  Some of the villages are more spectacular to view from the sea than from land. Riomaggiore and Riomaggiore Beach in these pics are good examples.  This is the village I'm staying at for 2 nights. 

20220922_124746.jpg

20220922_124805.jpg

20220922_123646.jpg

20220922_124715.jpg

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I see people in the water so I'm assuming it's warm in the sun.  Are menus available in English?  TIA!

Most ristorantes that want to draw tourists have menus in several languages.  Two of the places I ate at did not and a sandwich shop had nobody to even SPEAK English.  The NERVE!  😉 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Someone else asked and I did not see your reply.  Did you have any issues bringing liquor back on the ship, either in Rome or ports?

We brought a bottle of Amaretto and wines in Civitavecchia without any issues. I'll let you know after we get more at the stops if there are problems. 

• Thanks 3

Cinque Terre: today I am going all in on Manarola and Vernazza. I start with a 2hr hike including a 900-ft climb over a mountain between Riomaggiore and Manarola. Explore Manarola in depth then take the train to Vernazza for lunch. Explore Vernazza in depth then catch a train back to Riomaggiore for dinner at the #1 rated ristorante in Cinque Terre.  I have already decided to return to Cinque Terre,  today is a chance to visit excursion kiosks to help start planning my next visit. Like Venice,  Cinque Terre is stealing my heart. 

• Like 3

I don't think I mentioned this before but Riomaggiore is separated by a small but impassable mountain. To get from one side to the other,  the only way is the pedestrian tunnel under the mountain, whichtakes about 5 minutes to walk. most of the good stuff is on the south of the tunnel but the train station is on the north side. Photos show the tunnel,  and looking back at the train station after beginning the 900ft ascent.  Since Riomaggiore and Manarola are both sea level,  I have another 90pft climb down the other side.

20220923_153517.jpg

20220923_113015.jpg

20220923_153553.jpg

• Like 3