Winter 2024 Release Dates

cruisefan2012

Apologies first off if I`ve got the wrong person, I dont come to CC as often as I used too so... Not 100% ive got the right person......

As our contact on the inside........... do you think P&O Cruises will ever send the beautiful Britannia up too Iceland? Summer 2025 ?................

I was due to go on Aurora in 2020 but covid put paid to that....... gutted as I got a REALLY good deal, itinerary was brilliant aswell 

I do ask every time I ring up too talk to somebody about a cruise etc..........

12 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

@molecrochipCan you helps us with this one? For me 2025 or 2026 would be great . We want to go to Iceland but choosing the right cruise line and ship is the challenge, we love Britannia.  

I'm not sure even Paul Ludlow knows where Britannia is going in 2026, let alone Moley !

I don't know if I will even be here in 2026 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not sure even Paul Ludlow knows where Britannia is going in 2026, let alone Moley !

I don't know if I will even be here in 2026 !

My motto is, if you don’t ask you won’t get. So if the answer is he can’t help then I have tried.

I suspect that only the adults-only ships (Aurora and Arcadia) will ever go to Iceland, as I don't imagine P&O's marketing department would view it as a very attractive destination for families with small children.

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

I suspect that only the adults-only ships (Aurora and Arcadia) will ever go to Iceland, as I don't imagine P&O's marketing department would view it as a very attractive destination for families with small children.

We did Iceland and the Fjords on Ventura a few years ago.

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Would you suggest places like Malta, Barcelona , Cadiz etc are  attractive destinations for young children then? I have the feeling that P&O are aiming at families with young children who don't want to leave the ship as I cannot see that a large percentage of ports are designed for young children.

Edited by Yorkypete

22 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Would you suggest places like Malta, Barcelona , Cadiz etc are  attractive destinations for young children then? I have the feeling that P&O are aiming at families with young children who don't want to leave the ship as I cannot see that a large percentage of ports are designed for young children.

They all have beaches. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

The number of cruise ship ports that are within easy walking access to sandy beaches is very limited, especially in Europe, so you could argue that cruising with any line is not suitable for families who like beaches.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Ok in Malta you need a bus from Valletta to Sliema beach. 

Thats ok as long as you like sand brought in and a tiny area to sit on. I am always suprised to see adverts for Malta with beautiful beaches when there are only three or so...and they are a long bus ride from the berth point and Valletta.

• Like 4

On 9/1/2022 at 3:50 PM, MX-Drew said:

@molecrochipCan you helps us with this one? For me 2025 or 2026 would be great . We want to go to Iceland but choosing the right cruise line and ship is the challenge, we love Britannia.  

I don’t know. Cruises round to March 2025 due to be released end Sep/early Oct.

But I doubt it. Reasoning as follows:

1. It’s a unusual cruise for P&O to send such a big family ship on. Normally P&Os odd trip to Iceland each year attracts a premium fare which doesn’t work well with Britannia’s size.

2. Princess usually do a number of cruises to Iceland from Southampton in the summer. From memory, Princess are now deploying two Royal class ships to Southampton so you may still get the cruise, with the same class ship, just with s sister cruise line.

39 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

so you may still get the cruise, with the same class ship, just with s sister cruise line.

I do wonder if Carnival have a hand in this.

By using Princess for this itinerary they can attract both North American and British cruisers,  which would not be the case if it was a P&O cruise.

6 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Apologies if I have dreamt this but I`m sure I read on here that the next brochure launch is very soon?....

Late September 2022 / Early October 2022 for Winter 2024 / Spring 2025 !

Can anyone clarify please 

Yes, I was sure @molecrochip said that on a thread here quite recently, within the last week I think.  I cannot find his post now or remember which thread it was on, but I remember thinking we will be on Azura at that time.

Perhaps he will see this and chip in.

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Apologies if I have dreamt this but I`m sure I read on here that the next brochure launch is very soon?....

Late September 2022 / Early October 2022 for Winter 2024 / Spring 2025 !

Can anyone clarify please 

Just found his comment made on Sunday.  It is on the thread titled, "Question for Molecrochip", which has now moved down to the second page of this board 🙂

We await more details, though I really don't think anyone thinks the prices will be of interest this time around, given the climate we are in.   I will have a look at them though.  I do not think a brochure comes out when cruises are first released now.  Normally a matter of the cruises being put online and perhaps a small booklet printed if anything, from what I remember.

Edited by tring

We have booked for the Brittania 4th to the 18th of October 2024, had to book early because I had to book an assessable cabin for sister and her husband.

We got a really good deal on this cruise but not to go to the Med in 2023, so hoping when we are on the cruise in October this year, I can book something for next year on the ship.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, tring said:

We await more details, though I really don't think anyone thinks the prices will be of interest this time around, given the climate we are in.   I will have a look at them though.  I do not think a brochure comes out when cruises are first released now.  Normally a matter of the cruises being put online and perhaps a small booklet printed if anything, from what I remember.

I think prices will depend upon what you're after.

If you want a Iona or Arvia holiday where the same routes are repeated, then I expect the prices to be reasonable. If you want a one-off Aurora or Arcadia cruise that will quickly sell out, then expect to pay the premium that it attracts.

It is the bigger ships and repeated itineraries which enable the prices to remain lower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

If you want a Iona or Arvia holiday where the same routes are repeated, then I expect the prices to be reasonable. If you want a one-off Aurora or Arcadia cruise that will quickly sell out, then expect to pay the premium that it attracts.

It is the bigger ships and repeated itineraries which enable the prices to remain lower.

Sensible advice.  

I can't think about 2023 holidays at the moment,  let alone 2024.

Given the current economic crisis, you need to be sure of your financial position before thinking about  booking for 2024.

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Thanks.  We do not mind paying more for those ships as long as they continue to be part of the fleet for a fair while yet.  The itineraries are usually what we book cruises for as well and even those ships seem to only be used for limited options, none of which are repeated enough IMO.

We had only returned to P&O, from more adventurous destinations, this winter as we thought those more unusual destinations would be limited so soon after covid, so we made use of the very good launch prices for Azura (X2) and Aurora Caribbean.  We still think we were right about that but time will tell.

We would be happy to do a lot more P&O cruises generally if the destinations varied more, though some Med fly cruises do have an interest for us.  We would be happy to pay more for better itineraries, but, sadly we are not at all optimistic about that and from what you have said previously, that will not happen.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1