july 4th fire works ?

ChipFire

Hi all we are thinking of booking another family cruise for next year July 2nd. which means we will be at see on July 4th

does any one know if they shoot off fire works on the boat? we did a Christmas cruise several years back and the ship was kitted out and they even made it snow while we were singing carols( so cool). There was even a guy dressed as a grinch . This cruise will be on the new Celebration (they should do it just for name sake)!!! Thanks in advance my extended fellow Cruise Family

• Haha 1

We've sailed over July 4 a number of times. No, there are no fireworks - Carnival does not have a Coast Guard permit to use them. However, they will likely have a number of activities to celebrate, including a deck party, games, trivia, etc.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Fireworks at sea is a really, really bad omen. Didn't you people watch Titanic?  Everyone in the world knows what that means. 😳

I'm sure they still have flares available in case of emergency, but there are more sophisticated ways to alert nearby vessels of emergencies today.

Thanks to everyone for there great feedback, It will be my brother in-laws and his GF's first cruise and they were hoping there were fireworks at sea(guess there gonna have to make there own haha). I guess the ol saying may be true if the ships ah rocking...Ok sorry that was bad. Thanks again for all your help !!! I'm sure ME, DW, and the(2) girls we will enjoy the new Celebration with or without the 1st timers!!!😉 1 more cruise until Platinum😊