Just Back from the Mariner/Alaska

On 9/12/2022 at 9:38 PM, ChatKat in Ca. said:

For the tub, you do the hokey pokey.  Put your left foot in put your left foot out....you put your right foot in and you shake it all about.

and that's why they have a doctor on board 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, jessandarnie said:

Oh gee, we are booked on the YVR-LAX cruise also. We are from Australia, and of course a cruise like this with Regent is not cheap for us!
We have high expectations as we have heard of Regent being a leader in this class of cruise experience.

We have done an Alaskan cruise previously in September, the weather perfect, but realise this is not always the case. This was a cruise line that was a fraction of the cost of Regent but met all our expectations back years ago.

We are older now, and probably have expectations of spoiling ourselves on this cruise. And of course Alaska being famous for its seafood, Salmon and Halibut and crab, we were hoping to enjoy the fruits of their seas. Also we are looking forward to some of their rundown culinary delights, and wines throughout the world whereas we are not normally exposed to.

I certainly hope this Regent cruise lives up to what we are hoping for??

after reading this..I am now a little anxious.

Don’t be. Remember, this website is called “CruiseCRITIC” not “Cruise Enthusiast. One of the frequent posters on the ultra premium cruise segment boards has an 80/20 rule which, from my many years of reading this website, appears to be accurate.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:48 PM, SusieQft said:

.Perhaps someone who has sailed in one of these cabins could let us know if that is the case or not.  

We had a tub/shower combo on Mariner in 2018 for 44 nights.  I agree the tub side is very high to step over and there are minimal handholds.  We met one couple who got a tub/shower combo with a waitlist clearance and she could not physically step into the tub.  And on sea days, when the ship was rocking, you have to be very careful.  IMHO all the tub/shower combos should have been removed.  I know there are people who really love a bathtub, but the safety factor for the Regent demographics should take precedence.  

Anyway, as to sitting on the edge and swinging your legs would, I think, be difficult. No real hand hold and the tub edge is fairly narrow. If I was to try it, I'd sit with my back against the side wall to balance.  But it would be pretty arduous on a long cruise.  

Here is a pic of the tub area. it doesn't really show the small size, but it might give you an idea. 

DSC06447.jpeg

• Thanks 1