Deck 10 on Freedom of the Seas?

tanderine

Hi all!  We are cruising on October 24 on Freedom in a JS and just noticed that there are many GS for not much more $$ but all on Deck 10.  I know the pool is on Deck 11.  Has anyone stayed on Deck 10 that can comment on the noise?  Thanks for your help!

I'm also on this sailing and in a JS too!  I noticed the same thing and I was hoping at a chance to "Royal Up" but I'm concerned about the locations of the GS's.  Currently we're on Deck 9 and I always stay away from the deck under the pool deck.  I made this mistake once and heard lounge chairs being dragged around in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

I'm also on this sailing and in a JS too!  I noticed the same thing and I was hoping at a chance to "Royal Up" but I'm concerned about the locations of the GS's.  Currently we're on Deck 9 and I always stay away from the deck under the pool deck.  I made this mistake once and heard lounge chairs being dragged around in the middle of the night.

We have always cruised in suites on deck 10 of Freedom and Voyager class ships and never had an issue.  Sometimes I could hear things going on above, like the crew straightening the chairs or pressure washing things, but it was never in the middle of the night or early in the morning.  In fact I usually get up early around 7am and head to the pool deck to enjoy the hot tubs and pools by myself - there's rarely anyone up there at that time, not even crew.  I don't think they start doing anything noisy until around 8am or later.  It's just never been an issue.  

35 minutes ago, rudeney said:

We have always cruised in suites on deck 10 of Freedom and Voyager class ships and never had an issue.  Sometimes I could hear things going on above, like the crew straightening the chairs or pressure washing things, but it was never in the middle of the night or early in the morning.  In fact I usually get up early around 7am and head to the pool deck to enjoy the hot tubs and pools by myself - there's rarely anyone up there at that time, not even crew.  I don't think they start doing anything noisy until around 8am or later.  It's just never been an issue.  

It was so bad on Freedom with the loud scraping noise at 3 am....I ended up getting dressed to walk up there to try to figure out what the heck they were doing.  Instead of carrying, or rolling the loungers and chairs on carts...they were just dragging them across the floor.  

If you sleep like a rock....no problem....but if you are a light sleeper.  You will hear it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was so bad on Freedom with the loud scraping noise at 3 am....I ended up getting dressed to walk up there to try to figure out what the heck they were doing.  Instead of carrying, or rolling the loungers and chairs on carts...they were just dragging them across the floor.  

If you sleep like a rock....no problem....but if you are a light sleeper.  You will hear it.  

Exactly right. Everyone's tolerance is different. That's why I would never ask and don't book cabins in the vicinity of public areas, especially above. Made that mistake once many years ago and not happening again. Slamming doors from adjacent cabins, loud talkers late at night and running yelling kids in the hallways is bad enough! 🤬

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Exactly right. Everyone's tolerance is different. That's why I would never ask and don't book cabins in the vicinity of public areas, especially above. Made that mistake once many years ago and not happening again. Slamming doors from adjacent cabins, loud talkers late at night and running yelling kids in the hallways is bad enough! 🤬

Definitely one of the worst!   On Harmony, we had an OS for anniversary (L&S from last year).   The darling snowflakes would run, scream, laugh all the way down the hallway at all hours of the night.  Of course they couldn't resist ringing our doorbell each time they did.  And those things are LOUD!  

I finally asked the cabin attendant to disconnect the doorbell.  😡

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Definitely one of the worst!   On Harmony, we had an OS for anniversary (L&S from last year).   The darling snowflakes would run, scream, laugh all the way down the hallway at all hours of the night.  Of course they couldn't resist ringing our doorbell each time they did.  And those things are LOUD!  

I finally asked the cabin attendant to disconnect the doorbell.  😡

Good advice for those in a cabin that has a doorbell. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

I am a light sleeper, and not really a morning person, but I will say I always sleep like a rock on a cruise ship.  It's probably the gentle motion, the firm mattress and just being tired from a busy day of cursing fun.  Maybe that makes me less likely to be disturbed by noises.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Good advice for those in a cabin that has a doorbell. 

If we ever get one again with a doorbell....oh yeah!  One of the first things I will ask of the cabin attendant.  Shame it has to be that way...parents of those precious and perfect snowflakes just let their kids run wild all night long.  Out of sight...out of mind.  😲

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

If we ever get one again with a doorbell....oh yeah!  One of the first things I will ask of the cabin attendant.  Shame it has to be that way...parents of those precious and perfect snowflakes just let their kids run wild all night long.  Out of sight...out of mind.  😲

Say it's not so. 😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have stayed in a GS on Explorer (Deck 10 under the pool deck) and a JS on Voyager (also Deck 10) and never once had an issue. The chairs were stacked up at a reasonable hour before most were in bed and didn't start getting put out until around 6.30 or 7am. It was always nice and quiet on deck 10 because there were less cabins.

This is too funny with some of the responses.  🤣

We have done some staterooms under the public decks on different ships and different lines, including an Owners Suite on Freedom.  For the most part all, including deck 10 on Freedom which was also very close to the elevator bank, have been pretty quiet.  There might be some occasional noise but typically nothing problematic.  

The most noise from outside any stateroom was actually probably on DCL.  One was from kids goofing around on the stairs and another was deck chairs being moved around, but both were limited occurrences.