NCL offering some great last minute rates

BermudaBound2014

Since NCL Ships are not even close to filling for the fall season, there are some great last minute rates popping up.

One of my favorite TAs said that there are ONLY 600 cabins booked on this 10 day Getaway sailing leaving next week. NO solo supplement either. 

Hope someone can take advantage of these rates and an empty ship! 

B7E6C3D5-4758-4946-AE2D-5400BA81242E.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 4

Same, YVRteacher. (Hi there from YEG!)

There's a really good one on the Bliss leaving February 24. $852 Canadian (sorry, don't know the US pricing) for 15 nights. If I didn't already have a cruise booked in November (for about double the price!) I'd be booking that one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Wow! I can’t wait until I retire and can spontaneously book a cruise during the school year!

I am finally retiring next month and feel the same! My only issue now is the dog sitter books up early 😞

• Like 1

I am on one of the top 3 cheapest sailings for all of NCL currently at the end of October.  I will let you know how empty the ship really is.  All I can tell you is we are in the haven under 600 a night for 2 people all in.  Normally I allow up to 1000 a night for 2 people, and the Prima by comparison is well over 1500 a night on most of its sailings.

For some reason the Getaway and Joy are constantly the two cheapest ships in the fleet to hop on.  This will be my second time on Getaway, and I will be on Joy for the first time in Feb 2023.

Also, I only ever price out suites, so if you are asking me if these are the cheapest ships for insides, I honestly can't tell you that, but I assume if it is caused by lack of folks onboard, that would flow through all room classes.

• Like 1

@oteixeira you're on the 10-day Getaway trip I had also seen and thought about.  I'm probably contacting a TA today to get a 7-night Breakaway trip out of NY booked during the same time - with taxes and port fees (and declining the beverage package) it's about $115/night to sail solo in a balcony.  With the discounts NCL has offered me (loaded into my account, in addition to current discounts) I can get it under $90/night.

I LOVE the Joy and Bliss, both are really nice ships.  I may miss the OL if I sail on the Breakaway...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

We are flexible and can travel on short notice, passports & vax status up-to-date, etc.  Very tempting to cancel before final payment, sit out and then book "last minute" at a month or two from embarkation - get out of the cold and into tropical places this winter.  

Also, looking at Royal's sailing out of Cape Liberty - nearly identical itinerary and theirs priced lower, not a lot less but quite significant ... that explain, partially, for some only, as to perhaps NCL not booking as many cabins now with the Joy & Getaway out of NYC.  Most of the not really "Free At Sea" bones tossed in, have little to no added-values to us.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Also, looking at Royal's sailing out of Cape Liberty - nearly identical itinerary and theirs priced lower, not a lot less but quite significant

For the October Canada/NE sailings?  I just looked - 9 night on Adventure of the Seas, similar ports, INSIDE cabin is over $1.7K (incl. taxes and fees) for a solo, 3x as much as the balcony on the BA for a solo.  A solo can get a balcony on the Joy 10-night sailing departing on the same day for under $1.7K (incl. taxes, fees and specialty dining grats).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

For the October Canada/NE sailings?  ... 

Not cruises this Fall ... very true with BA and Joy prices being quite low this month.  Rather, looking at winter ones out of Cape Liberty on 11 nights vs 12 nights on GA to Carribean's. 

Take a look & compare to see 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

……With the discounts NCL has offered me (loaded into my account, in addition to current discounts) I can get it under $90/night.

Be sure to check out Celebrity. No need to wait for last minute solo deals.  A group of girlfriends and I booked 11 night this January for $94 a night ALL In (taxes, booze, wifi, and TIPS). An additional $275 OBC as a bonus. We each have our own balcony cabins next to one another since celebrity has waved solo supplement on many sailings.

Because ship occupancy is low across the entire industry (not just NCL), there are exceptional deals to be had.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Also, I only ever price out suites, so if you are asking me if these are the cheapest ships for insides, I honestly can't tell you that, but I assume if it is caused by lack of folks onboard, that would flow through all room classes.

Yes and No. Because there are fewer Haven rooms I have seen haven prices remain firm while regular inside/outside/balcony  drop super low. But yes, I would presume that your sailing occupancy  is low overall based on the discount pricing.

All of September, October, and early November have loads of inventory available!!!

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, hallux said:

Except I have two CND's, I'd use one of them on this trip and did not factor that into the per-day price I indicated above

Thats the problem with the CnC you end up having to sail with a particular line and may miss a better deal because you aren’t tempted to shop around. 

I have a cruise next that expires in January. It was more cost effective to book celebrity even if I can’t resell the CNC because celebrity comes with tips (making it a basic wash in terms of net cost when compared to the CNC). Plus celebrity has all the drinks and wifi. I would normally pay for wifi anyway and Having the drink package is a nice addition. Celebrity also includes speciality coffee and bottled water In their drink package which are perks for me. I think Celebrity is an overall better product in food and service, making specialty dinners not needed. No doubt ncl does better in entertainment, but overall celebrity is a better fit for me and the girls (it’s not a better fit when i travel with DH). The fact that it’s much cheaper is an added bonus. 

For anyone who has been watching these fares, is there a magic number of days prior to the cruise where the prices hit bottom?  I’m looking at a sailing in the beginning of November. There are 60 Haven cabins open at the moment, but none are a great price.  Last time I booked a suite two months out the price dropped the following week. 

4 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

For anyone who has been watching these fares, is there a magic number of days prior to the cruise where the prices hit bottom?  I’m looking at a sailing in the beginning of November. There are 60 Haven cabins open at the moment, but none are a great price.  Last time I booked a suite two months out the price dropped the following week. 

I can give you my personal experience which may, or may not, be your experience for your November cruise.

In June we originally booked a five day cruise to Bermuda from NYC onboard the NCL Getaway. Prices were average for the Haven. Our price was about $5,000 all-in. Then we saw the nine day cruise immediately after ours (9/3 departure). The prices were in line with what you'd expect, but in July they started falling.

On August 10th they cratered. We scored a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse Suite with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony (one bedroom, gigantic balcony) for the same price as the five night cruise. But we were onboard for nine days instead!

We did have trip insurance through NCL, so we were able to get 90% of our first cruise's fare back as a FCC. So, with the cancellation fee, we sailed a nine day cruise in the Haven (in a large cabin) for $7,400 all-in (this includes the amount trip insurance will not refund us). 

So, based on this, we found the magic day to be just prior to check-in (like day 25 or so). Sometime around two weeks from sailing, all Haven rooms were booked solid.

Good luck finding yourself an amazing deal!! 

• Like 1