Late flight FLL after cruise. What do I do

lpmom

Possibilities:

• If your cruise line offers a luggage program (for a fee) where they deliver it to the airport and the next time you see it will be on the luggage carousel at your home port, enroll in it.  Then you will only have your carry-on to deal with.  I'd then take a cab/uber/lyft to the water taxi stop at the Hilton Marina unless your disembark at terminals 2 or 4.  If so, it is a very short walk.  Spend your day getting on and off the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) seeing the sights of Fort Lauderdale (www.sunny.org).  Take a cab/uber/lyft to the airport.
  • If not or if you don't want to pay for that, take a taxi/uber/lyft to the airport (or a rental car facility closer to the port) and rent a car for the day returning it to the airport.  Store your luggage in the trunk.  With a rental you can visit sights further from the central core of Fort Lauderdale (see www.sunny.org).
  • Alternatively, take a cab to the airport and store your luggage for the day at Bags to Go (www.bagstogo.net) and follow the recommendations in the first bullet. 
Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 12:09 PM, Ashland said:

I would (depending on just how much time you have) taxi to FLL and rent a car.

We've enjoyed doing an airboat ride and also the amazing Sawgrass Mall.

I second this.  We did this several years ago.  It was great tour and we killed all the time we needed to. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2022 at 1:41 PM, capriccio said:

Possibilities:

• If your cruise line offers a luggage program (for a fee) where they deliver it to the airport and the next time you see it will be on the luggage carousel at your home port, enroll in it.  Then you will only have your carry-on to deal with.  I'd then take a cab/uber/lyft to the water taxi stop at the Hilton Marina unless your disembark at terminals 2 or 4.  If so, it is a very short walk.  Spend your day getting on and off the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) seeing the sights of Fort Lauderdale (www.sunny.org).  Take a cab/uber/lyft to the airport.
  • If not or if you don't want to pay for that, take a taxi/uber/lyft to the airport (or a rental car facility closer to the port) and rent a car for the day returning it to the airport.  Store your luggage in the trunk.  With a rental you can visit sights further from the central core of Fort Lauderdale (see www.sunny.org).
  • Alternatively, take a cab to the airport and store your luggage for the day at Bags to Go (www.bagstogo.net) and follow the recommendations in the first bullet. 

@capriccio - SO helpful, these tips! Thanks!! Will follow bullets #3 and #1 in a couple of weeks. 🙂