Norwaylady goes b2b Alaska+Hawaii on Eclipse

Norwaylady

1 hour ago, Norwaylady said:

Sail away was from our balcony. It was nice to sit down and just relax. We been walking all day and standing in line for a long time. 

So it was good to just enjoy the sun and the view. 

I went down to Al bacio,  picked up some coffee and a little beer to Mr😎 

So tonight’s plan is just relaxing and have dinner. 

Our roll call from Alaska has reported on “let’s just say” not good numbers and how this effected a lot of b2b sailors. They were taken of the ship in Vancouver. 

I must admit that I’m feeling very stressful about this. 

It makes our decision to mask up on the ship indoors, on transport and try to stay away from crowded areas more correct. We been strict and will continue to be strict. 

There will be breakfast to our room, no buffet, no elevator and I must feel a bit on my stress level of what we will attend. 

It’s awful to say it, but this is how it is for the moment❤️ 

94A3EB91-1209-4F7D-B4CB-823D301380D2.jpeg

Now you know why we went to dinner every night at 5 pm when Blu first opened on our Summit B2B cruise last month and tried to sit in the most out of the way table, but with the same server every night. Of course, it helps to make sure your desires are know by the host and maitre d’. 😉 But again that only works when you get there when it opens.

We would also scope out where no one wanted to sit in the theater and would get there early to get the seats we wanted. On the Eclipse in your case that might be on level 2 or 3 on either side. Heck, we would even position ourself with a lone open chair on one side of us just in case a couple decided to sit next to us right before the show started. This would give us the option to shift over one seat. 😂

We would also walk outside on the promenade, weather permitting, when we needed to get from one end of the ship to the other when it was crowded indoors. As far as breakfast goes, we just went up to the buffet, got what we wanted and brought it back to the cabin as we never liked waiting for room service. However, sometimes we ate outside on the back of the ship when there was an out of the way table to sit at.

My point is we make a game out of avoiding people when we’re on a cruise rather than hiding out in our cabin, as some other folks might do. But if you remember I did love sitting on the balcony too looking for wildlife!!  Of course, it does help to be anti-social like us! 😂😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

I hope the trip is wonderful for you and I will be doing it vicariously through you.  I can't wait to get back on on Oct 3 hopefully, even though today and last night for us were somewhat stressful.

@Suzi66 I have just read about your situation. That's awful thoughts are with you. 🤞you'll be back onboard by 3 October. Am I right in thinking you're on the Fiji Tonga roll call? 

• Like 1

We just disembarked today and are safely home. We were one of the few people who wore masks in the public areas of the ship and we stayed away from crowds. We jumped on getting the new omicron booster right before we left for the cruise - hopefully that helped. I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise and stay healthy. 

Good luck to @Suzi66 making it back on the ship in Hawaii. 

• Like 1

So at 19.00 we went up to Sky lounge. It was empty, so it was perfect for a pre-dinner drink and enjoy the view alone🤩 crew don’t count😉

Our dinner reservation had arrived on the door when we left. Fingers crossed it’s a good table. 

We went down to dinner 20.30. Since it’s the first night, it’s a line. 

We were seated all the way into the restaurant. Not in the open areas between deck 3/4. It’s too much noise for me. 

Good start. 

We are 4 2.seated tables on a line. Okey. 

Tonight’s menu was okey. It’s less seafood/fish compared to Blu. 

Our neighbours had a ruff start. They wanted water, but no ice in it. It goes all on auto and they had some glasses containing ice before they got it😅

We had for:

Starter: shrimp Louis, spring roll

Main: roasted carrot cumin salad and prime rib of beef. 

Dessert: warm banana blueberry crumble 

I ordered a espresso macchiato, let’s just say it was not😝 

Food was okay. Our servers will probably be okay. 

I will give them some time to adjust to new guests before I say anything. 

After dinner, it was time to return to our cabin and try to get a decent night of sleep. 

We had a bottle of sparkling waiting in the room. It was from the hotel manager❤️ Very nice of him/the ship. 

Looking forward to some sea days. Just need to breathe and have a good time. 

Tomorrow’s plan is to do as little as possible in the longest time😝🥰😎

(Have some magazines and work to as entertainment;)

FEACB12F-05BB-41F0-ADBD-6ECFB24D67E9.jpeg

505A6E31-D214-4F35-9ADD-86EF0CECFAE3.jpeg

9E5A266E-D584-4D9B-AF3D-B58D16EB10ED.jpeg

55790270-C31A-4B20-8C73-E7C05120C104.jpeg

8E88A9E5-1963-4AB9-A3BE-0B90595BE385.jpeg

921A3FC8-5FD6-431F-B44D-E85BDFFD2402.jpeg

6513B469-B86E-4AE7-AEEA-2EB15F1819AD.jpeg

453441EC-2083-4E23-B7AC-A2AE07733F89.jpeg

A6AA731D-1252-4E03-91EC-89F278D1D6E9.jpeg

F38AA460-5277-4CB2-9C69-F4985B28D80C.jpeg

898F4701-E3EA-47C1-86D3-85B1961ED74D.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Now you know why we went to dinner every night at 5 pm when Blu first opened on our Summit B2B cruise last month and tried to sit in the most out of the way table, but with the same server every night. Of course, it helps to make sure your desires are know by the host and maitre d’. 😉 But again that only works when you get there when it opens.

We would also scope out where no one wanted to sit in the theater and would get there early to get the seats we wanted. On the Eclipse in your case that might be on level 2 or 3 on either side. Heck, we would even position ourself with a lone open chair on one side of us just in case a couple decided to sit next to us right before the show started. This would give us the option to shift over one seat. 😂

We would also walk outside on the promenade, weather permitting, when we needed to get from one end of the ship to the other when it was crowded indoors. As far as breakfast goes, we just went up to the buffet, got what we wanted and brought it back to the cabin as we never liked waiting for room service. However, sometimes we ate outside on the back of the ship when there was an out of the way table to sit at.

My point is we make a game out of avoiding people when we’re on a cruise rather than hiding out in our cabin, as some other folks might do. But if you remember I did love sitting on the balcony too looking for wildlife!!  Of course, it does help to be anti-social like us! 😂😂

Good strategy and must be the reason we met each other in the most remote of locations --- our strategy must have worked for both of us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We just disembarked today and are safely home. We were one of the few people who wore masks in the public areas of the ship and we stayed away from crowds. We jumped on getting the new omicron booster right before we left for the cruise - hopefully that helped. I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise and stay healthy. 

Good luck to @Suzi66 making it back on the ship in Hawaii. 

Glad you had a wonderful cruise and hope Henrietta enjoyed it as well.  

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The good thing on the last cruise was that the majority eat early in Blu. 
So when we got a beeper, primarily it was to clean out the restaurant☺️ So it was always maximum 1/3 capacity of guests and we were widely spread out. And we were in same area, same neighbourhood table guests. So it felt very okay. 

And even before covid, we like to walk on the outside deck😉 You never know what you can see or detect🤩 

We have a“regular” seat in the theatre, we are normally all by ourselves there🥰  Even before this madness, we don’t see the need to be seated on top of other guests, when there lots of other empty areas. 

If we have been in the buffet earlier, we always sit outside on the terrace. And we have always been “late” when they close. So it’s empty. 
Im social, but more in the Norwegian way😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🇳🇴🇳🇴🇳🇴
So it doesn’t feel like we missed something. (And I’m not a buffet lover, I have always hated the ritual of hunting down my food;) 

Happy Cruising🤩🥳

• Like 5

Nice and slow start of our day. Breakfast delivered to our room at 08.20 and a trip down to smiling gang in Al Bacio to pick up our coffee🥰 

We have turned the clock 1 hour back during the night. 

From earlier posting, you know I talked about the cutlery roulette for room service🍴🥄😂😂😂 Today was a great experience of that. No spon and a cute fork to my granola😝🤣🤣 

I’m not angry or upset. 

And unfortunately they had displaced a fruit plate in the melon stack. So we had melon, fruit plate and kiwi. ( and what’s in fruit plan🥁🥁🥁🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍) But lucky us, it was just one of two plates of melon delivered wrong😁 

So when they called to ask if our breakfast was good, the poor crew had a minor panic attack when I said there’s no spoon for the yoghurt granola and unfortunately they had loaded fruit plate instead of melon😬😱😰 I was not angry or upset and said smiling, don’t worry, we are good. We are not starving in any ways😅 

Before I manage to say cake, I was redirected to manager of room service😝 I said to him: remember to breathe, the melon/fruit plate was probably loaded in the wrong stack downstairs from the kitchen. It happens😉 and if hadn’t been allergic to pineapple, it would definitely not been a problem🙃

and a spoon might be better for my yoghurt, but we are all good☺️ 

No it’s time to get out and take a walk on the top deck. Cloudy outside, around 16/17 Celsius and wind from w. 

Have some work I need to take care of later🤓 

A54C81BA-C000-4440-95CC-791D764D7CA1.jpeg

D80B186D-FD7F-4337-A071-DF7A00FF9CF2.jpeg

• Like 2

The sun came out and it’s a beautiful day. Good Norwegian temperature and a bit wind. So perfect walking weather😎 

Took a 2-hour grand walk on the top decks. Good to get some steps and some moves in my body. 

Mr opted for a sun bed and a magazine, cheering on me every lap😜 

There’s lots of small dolphins 🐬 around us. It’s been a pleasure to walk and enjoying them. 

Milos is still onboard. He did a lecture this morning. We didn’t attend. He will do several talks during our sea days. 

Today it was time for a mast grill lunch. So around 13.15( we don’t eat here to often😌) Mr picked up to 2 burgers+cutlery and we had a private lunch enjoying the view from solstices deck.  

It was good, and we were happy outside😎😎 

After 4 hours out on deck, it was time to head down to the cabin for some work on the computer and some coffee🤓😌 

Work was effectively done🤓 So it was time for a little dip in the pool. When we went outside, it was empty. So it’s perfect🥰

Tonight is evening chic🥳 So it’s time to dress up a bit and have dinner afterwards. 

Tonight’s entertainment is production show Topper. ( we went on last leg) 

C294B146-A7CB-4AEC-9F06-87E937ECEB55.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

The sun came out and it’s a beautiful day. Good Norwegian temperature and a bit wind. So perfect walking weather😎 

Took a 2-hour grand walk on the top decks. Good to get some steps and some moves in my body. 

Mr opted for a sun bed and a magazine, cheering on me every lap😜 

There’s lots of small dolphins 🐬 around us. It’s been a pleasure to walk and enjoying them. 

Milos is still onboard. He did a lecture this morning. We didn’t attend. He will do several talks during our sea days. 

Today it was time for a mast grill lunch. So around 13.15( we don’t eat here to often😌) Mr picked up to 2 burgers+cutlery and we had a private lunch enjoying the view from solstices deck.  

It was good, and we were happy outside😎😎 

After 4 hours out on deck, it was time to head down to the cabin for some work on the computer and some coffee🤓😌 

Work was effectively done🤓 So it was time for a little dip in the pool. When we went outside, it was empty. So it’s perfect🥰

Tonight is evening chic🥳 So it’s time to dress up a bit and have dinner afterwards. 

Tonight’s entertainment is production show Topper. ( we went on last leg) 

C294B146-A7CB-4AEC-9F06-87E937ECEB55.jpeg

That's one cool cat🤭😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good strategy and must be the reason we met each other in the most remote of locations --- our strategy must have worked for both 

The thought of you guys scoping out remote spots brought images of the Pink Panther to mind

• Haha 1

We got dressed up and went to a empty Sky Lounge. Perfect for just enjoying the view and empty area. Mr had a drink and I had some soda. 

We had burger for lunch…. So I was still full after lunch and Mr was really not hungry…..

So we decided that Mr could pick up a plate of fruit in the buffet and bring it to the room. 

Today’s plan was to do as little as possible in the longest time😜😝😂 We did quite well😉 

I still need to get some more sleep, slept a bit more for the night for today. But my energy is a bit low, I need my 8hours of sleep. When I’m mentally exhausted, I sleep awfully bad. And stress is unfortunately a trigger for me😵💫 So the last days has really been a recipe of how to shake me out of balance🫠😵💫

So I wish for a good nights sleep and looking forward for tomorrow’s program😁

Attached is cruise compass for tomorrow

6290D49C-9AA4-46B9-A855-AB880650F064.jpeg

0B953DBA-8FD2-41AE-8EB6-22D465A235FC.jpeg

2C2ADD8C-179A-4565-A35B-31FAAB1DD191.jpeg

2 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

We got dressed up and went to a empty Sky Lounge. Perfect for just enjoying the view and empty area. Mr had a drink and I had some soda. 

We had burger for lunch…. So I was still full after lunch and Mr was really not hungry…..

So we decided that Mr could pick up a plate of fruit in the buffet and bring it to the room. 

Today’s plan was to do as little as possible in the longest time😜😝😂 We did quite well😉 

I still need to get some more sleep, slept a bit more for the night for today. But my energy is a bit low, I need my 8hours of sleep. When I’m mentally exhausted, I sleep awfully bad. And stress is unfortunately a trigger for me😵💫 So the last days has really been a recipe of how to shake me out of balance🫠😵💫

So I wish for a good nights sleep and looking forward for tomorrow’s program😁

Attached is cruise compass for tomorrow

6290D49C-9AA4-46B9-A855-AB880650F064.jpeg

0B953DBA-8FD2-41AE-8EB6-22D465A235FC.jpeg

2C2ADD8C-179A-4565-A35B-31FAAB1DD191.jpeg

Gosh I can relate to the impacts of stress on sleep. Time to kick back and enjoy each moment of your travels.

• Like 1

Good morning! 

We have turned the clock 1-hour further back. 

I slept well and it’s good to have a decent nap🥰 

Breakfast was delivered as usual. Still a bit to windy to take the balcony breakfast picture I love😍 

Today i had a spoon for my yoghurt😁 much easier to eat😉

Coffee was picked up as regular routine🥰 The crew in Al bacio is very friendly and it’s always a pleasure to arrive, have smiles In eyes and a good start of the day🤩 

We received the invitation to the captain’s club party, it’s today. 

No I’m up on my walking tour. It’s 18c a little wind from sw. good walking conditions😎 

07CE43C3-FBC4-46D8-BB70-21C4C6806EC2.jpeg

4E9EEC99-2358-4AEB-8DAC-E8A3FDA276F3.jpeg

2DC03956-C9FF-448B-A900-7CF47F6DE645.jpeg

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

Good morning! 

We have turned the clock 1-hour further back. 

I slept well and it’s good to have a decent nap🥰 

Breakfast was delivered as usual. Still a bit to windy to take the balcony breakfast picture I love😍 

Today i had a spoon for my yoghurt😁 much easier to eat😉

Coffee was picked up as regular routine🥰 The crew in Al bacio is very friendly and it’s always a pleasure to arrive, have smiles In eyes and a good start of the day🤩 

We received the invitation to the captain’s club party, it’s today. 

No I’m up on my walking tour. It’s 18c a little wind from sw. good walking conditions😎 

07CE43C3-FBC4-46D8-BB70-21C4C6806EC2.jpeg

I see they are still doing it at the very inconvenient time of 1pm, which is not good if you want to enjoy a lunch in the dining room.