Norwaylady goes b2b Alaska+Hawaii on Eclipse

Norwaylady

Tour Itinerary:
7:00 am - Waikiki Hotel Pickups Start
7:55 am - Diamond Head Lookout (If the parking lot is full, we will drive-by.)
• 8:20 am - Drive-by Hanauma Bay State Park
(Due to Pandemic, entrance to the Bay is not allowed.)
8:45 am - Halona Blowhole
• 9:30 am - Tropical Macadamia Nut Farm
• 9:50 am - Chinaman's Hat Island
› 10:10am - Banzai Pipeline (no swimming, "drive by only if large surf)
11:15 am - Lunch at Shrimp Truck
12:00 pm - Beach time at Waimea Bay OR Waimea Botanical Garden & Waterfall Hike (Closed on
Mondays Jan-April & additional cost)
1:30 pm - Paddle boarding or Kayaking (additional cost) or Swimming at Haleiwa Beach Town
3:30 pm - Dole Pineapple Plantation (Ice Cream not included)
4:30 to 5:00 pm - Waikiki Hotel drop off

And, no hint that some of these tour stops had an added cost?  Awful.

• Like 1

What do we think about our b2b cruise? 

So, I will give a little text about our cruise. 

I will give details of what we enjoyed and what we were not to happy about. 

As I said earlier, we are quite easy to please. 

We have traveled a lot and can survive🤪😝😜😂😅 

The crew on Eclipse has been excellent. They work extremely hard and we know they try their best to make everyone happy🥰 

Our move from stateroom deck 11 to deck 10 went smoothly. Housekeeping has been delivering excellent service. 

Crew in bar/coffee has been excellent. All extremely professional and kind. 

We are very happy for Christian & colleges in Al Bacio and Victoria & colleges in Sky lounge. They make our day❤️ (Christians Philippines college at Sunseth Bar also know how to make my day😉) 

Our dining in Blu for Alaska was excellent. Made, Zein, Vin, Reagan and Vin’s head waiter (so sorry, I can’t remember the name😘) They were all extremely professional but also very warm in service. Really a great experience and a pleasure to have dinner at their tables. 

MDR dining on Hawaiian trip was good. Service was good. They must heard my message about coffee😂😂😂😂 

But we have had a good time in mdr. Food has been good except for some plates. But not a big crisis. They do catering to many people every night…..

As long as my vegetables, fish and coffee are good, I’m very easy to please. 

Breakfast delivered has been hot and good. All delivery’s has arrived on time and everyone delivering has been very nice and welcoming. As you probably understand I value a large breakfast menu for delivery very high. It’s my “holiday” guilty pleasure🥰🥰🥰

The dinner we had in buffet/ocean view was good. It’s a good deal if you like buffet. Several options. But I was a bit let down that they don’t offer the cold starter plates they serve in mdr. 

The stir fry was excellent. Crew was extremely nice and very serviced-oriented. ( buffet will never be a winner by me, but I know there’s guests that love buffet;) 

Tours booked on X. (All tours onboard)

All shore excursions has been excellent. They have been extremely good. Great guides and service. Always water, some snacks/foods. Coffee/cacao in Alaska. 

When we were cancelled on the Alaska part, shore excursions helped us find substitutes and they listened to what we wanted. Extremely good compared to earlier experience😊

Shows and production shows onboard has been great. A good mix of things and type of shows. 

House band has been excellent. Really wanted to hear them more. Shame they didn’t play more out on pool deck on sea days. 

String duo was okay🙃 ( we had better before) 

Guitar 🎸player was excellent. 

The acoustic due was great, only big problem was that they preferred to play in celebrity central. (Small venue and covid…. Not my cup of tea) 

Captain’s club hostess did a excellent job. She spoke to us (said hello) and treated us as a normal guest. (We have attended several captain’s club events and the captain’s club hostess has taken us aside to triple check that we have “correct” status… I have one hostess up my neck🤣 he played “I don’t see you” game 2 cruises by us….. he greeted everyone except of us🙄 can’t say I really like him) So I’m very happy to just be greeted as everyone else and just said hello to😌

2 rounds on the helipad was 🥰🥰

Ports of calls has been excellent. The glaciers we visited was excellent. 

Our least liked port of call was Icy Straight point. It’s good in it’s own way, but we just wasn’t sold. 

Alaska cruise was special, we were very open minded if it would be like Norwegian fjords or different. 

The answer is that’s it’s different. In many ways it’s like being home but very different. It’s more vegetation/trees. And we were only 52’ n. 

We love to be outdoors and Alaska gives you endless opportunity’s In things to do. 

We are very pleased and won’t hesitate to go back. Our shore excursions was a perfect match for what we wanted. 

We will seriously think about it. 

A b2b/7-days to Sewerd/Anchorage , land tour, return 7-nights cruise would be a great combo. Then you are further north and you have “land” time. 

Hawaii is beautiful. Each island as of now has its own identity. As of now, Maui is the favourite. I’m very happy for the overnight stop/ 2 stops on same island. 

It’s all I hoped for and the weather/climate is perfect😎🥰. 

Persian garden on the Alaska cruise was perfect. Mr enjoyed the hot chairs and steam room a lot. I personally enjoyed the hot chair a lot. (I really like sauna/steam room, but my chronic illness makes it very hard to use… so I’m very careful now) 

My manicure and pedicure was excellent by Alessandra in the spa. It’s pricey, but the quality was excellent. 

Pool attendants has been excellent. I have been walking rain or sun, cold or hot. So they now my ritual. And we used jacuzzi’s when the majority said to cold. 

They have been smiling and greeted me by good morning every day I have been out. Really appreciate this and it’s great to have towels delivered to us, when we’re done in the jacuzzi🥰

Activities from the activity team/CD Sue.

Sue is absolutely all-over-the-ship. First time we had Sue in 2014 on Eclipse she was all over and we had a great cruise. (I really wonder when she sleeps😅😂) Next cruise we meet Sue was on Connie in the med, again all over and a great cruise. 

Her British humour and style is perfect. We know she has full control over everything that’s going on. She will be on tenders, gangway at anytime of the day. 

We were very happy when we discovered that she was going to “run the show”🥰

Sue delivered as expected and we hope to see her again soon🥰

We didn’t attend activities by Christin & the team. (We just looked on some from distance) They arranged several games and game shows during our b2b. So nothing wrong to say on them. (We normally don’t attend to much of those activities… we like the love & marriage show and we usually attend trivia a few times during a cruise)

What did not live up to standards or what could been different? 

Knock on woods, we have managed to stay clear of the covid🙏🏻 We have taken precautions and trying all tricks in the book to keep healthy. 

And we understand and totally support that the world needs to move on to “normal” standards. 

But as longest you go to quarantine if I’ll, things are not normal. Even if you are symptoms free. 

-Boarding 

Boarding in Vancouver for both cruises was a small nightmare. The line for security and us customs was horrible. 

The mix of 3 ships on Alaska sailing was really not good. Okey, all had to test before departure, but the lines and mix of 3 ships is in my opinion a great recipe of getting covid. It’s not X fault. But Canada is strictly and then they make a “perfect” party to get I’ll. 

Best would be on line for each cruise. 

-Ports of call Alaska 

In all ports of call in Alaska there’s multiple ships in each port of call. So we meet many ships on our sailing. 

If it’s necessary to use a shuttle, all ships was just stewed together in line and on buses. 

No force of masks in line or onboard. Again, lots of people. And all ships were either in the beginning or in the end of their sailing. 

In our first port of call, we meet a Princess ship and they were on return. We talked brief to someone onboard and they said lots of people were I’ll of covid onboard. Again, our ship was mixed in shuttle and no mask, no distance…. Perfect for getting it onboard😔 

And people on private tours mix by other ships. 

So this process here is not very cleaver if you want your ship to keeping healthy….

Onboard Alaska 

We could hear the coughing rise 4-5 days into our cruise. More snotty people and some sneezing “out of normal” levels. 

Nothing different onboard, no words about masks or to contact medical if I’ll. 

Things went on and the day before Victoria, inside passing, we felt as we were walking in a flu pandemic. People were sitting in Sky Lounge, brought up the Kleenex box from the rooms, sneezing and snoring in wide public by the windows. No crew said a word. Why weren’t they told to leave and stay in your cabin????

People were going into theatre in the evening, coughing, sneezing and looking as hell. Obviously I’ll of something. 

Again, they were not told to leave, put on a mask or stay away. 

They didn’t demand masks or anything before we returned to Vancouver. 

This was a perfect way to gear up for the Hawaiian sailing😖

Rob, guests relations manager said loudly on b2b meeting that it would be no testing…. 

When the b2b testing was done in Victoria, they should have understood that they had been to lazy… to many b2b failed the testing😔

They should have demanded masks in the theatre and indoors several days earlier. 

We were on toes not happy about this. 

Hawaiian cruise 

I did send guest relations a message when the Hawaiian cruise started. I asked if they had done extra sanitary or fogged the ship while in port. Since it was so many cases of covid and many didn’t report, due to quarantine in Canada if known cases on the ship. 

They were all quiet. Haven’t heard a word in return……

Rob, the guest relations manager can go and fetch himself a “bolle” (Norwegian bun) its not a “good” thing when a Norwegian says: gå å ta deg en bolle…

I went all in, Lysol spray and wipes on all surfaces in our new room. Since we didn’t know if it had a I’ll passenger earlier. 

(I always have my little sanitizer routine in hotels and places when away. But now it was the big wipe down🤪) 

All in all, we are happy for our cruise🥰❤️ It’s extremely nice to be back on X. It’s our favourite and they deliver what we want. 

We are looking forward for Easter, then it will be a Caribbean adventure on Silhouette 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Holiday is moving forward😎🏖

Today we have been walking around in Waikiki and took a swim in the ocean next to the Hilton lagoon. Beautiful view, sun and a warm day. 

We had breakfast in longboard lounge. Today’s menu was bread pudding and fried eggs in hot sections. Rest was similar as yesterday. 

We left our luggage in the hotel around 09.30 and headed out. 

At 14.00 we picked up the bags and left for the airport. 

We will stay one more night when we return to Honolulu😊

We are now waiting in Hawaiian premier lounge for our flight to Kauai🏝 bag’s and security went smoothly. 5.mins for all things😉

The lounge is simple in service, coffee, soft drinks and light snacks. But it’s WiFi and electric sticks🙃So we are not complaining😉

4CE7E314-A1D2-4E59-A2FA-B6019B732E2B.jpeg

0DE3C114-7356-45D3-8C77-6F9C40DD32B5.jpeg

F0C3F77B-F4C8-4153-B395-B3A7CA113E8A.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

What do we think about our b2b cruise? 

So, I will give a little text about our cruise. 

I will give details of what we enjoyed and what we were not to happy about. 

As I said earlier, we are quite easy to please. 

We have traveled a lot and can survive🤪😝😜😂😅 

The crew on Eclipse has been excellent. They work extremely hard and we know they try their best to make everyone happy🥰 

Our move from stateroom deck 11 to deck 10 went smoothly. Housekeeping has been delivering excellent service. 

Crew in bar/coffee has been excellent. All extremely professional and kind. 

We are very happy for Christian & colleges in Al Bacio and Victoria & colleges in Sky lounge. They make our day❤️ (Christians Philippines college at Sunseth Bar also know how to make my day😉) 

Our dining in Blu for Alaska was excellent. Made, Zein, Vin, Reagan and Vin’s head waiter (so sorry, I can’t remember the name😘) They were all extremely professional but also very warm in service. Really a great experience and a pleasure to have dinner at their tables. 

MDR dining on Hawaiian trip was good. Service was good. They must heard my message about coffee😂😂😂😂 

But we have had a good time in mdr. Food has been good except for some plates. But not a big crisis. They do catering to many people every night…..

As long as my vegetables, fish and coffee are good, I’m very easy to please. 

Breakfast delivered has been hot and good. All delivery’s has arrived on time and everyone delivering has been very nice and welcoming. As you probably understand I value a large breakfast menu for delivery very high. It’s my “holiday” guilty pleasure🥰🥰🥰

The dinner we had in buffet/ocean view was good. It’s a good deal if you like buffet. Several options. But I was a bit let down that they don’t offer the cold starter plates they serve in mdr. 

The stir fry was excellent. Crew was extremely nice and very serviced-oriented. ( buffet will never be a winner by me, but I know there’s guests that love buffet;) 

Tours booked on X. (All tours onboard)

All shore excursions has been excellent. They have been extremely good. Great guides and service. Always water, some snacks/foods. Coffee/cacao in Alaska. 

When we were cancelled on the Alaska part, shore excursions helped us find substitutes and they listened to what we wanted. Extremely good compared to earlier experience😊

Shows and production shows onboard has been great. A good mix of things and type of shows. 

House band has been excellent. Really wanted to hear them more. Shame they didn’t play more out on pool deck on sea days. 

String duo was okay🙃 ( we had better before) 

Guitar 🎸player was excellent. 

The acoustic due was great, only big problem was that they preferred to play in celebrity central. (Small venue and covid…. Not my cup of tea) 

Captain’s club hostess did a excellent job. She spoke to us (said hello) and treated us as a normal guest. (We have attended several captain’s club events and the captain’s club hostess has taken us aside to triple check that we have “correct” status… I have one hostess up my neck🤣 he played “I don’t see you” game 2 cruises by us….. he greeted everyone except of us🙄 can’t say I really like him) So I’m very happy to just be greeted as everyone else and just said hello to😌

2 rounds on the helipad was 🥰🥰

Ports of calls has been excellent. The glaciers we visited was excellent. 

Our least liked port of call was Icy Straight point. It’s good in it’s own way, but we just wasn’t sold. 

Alaska cruise was special, we were very open minded if it would be like Norwegian fjords or different. 

The answer is that’s it’s different. In many ways it’s like being home but very different. It’s more vegetation/trees. And we were only 52’ n. 

We love to be outdoors and Alaska gives you endless opportunity’s In things to do. 

We are very pleased and won’t hesitate to go back. Our shore excursions was a perfect match for what we wanted. 

We will seriously think about it. 

A b2b/7-days to Sewerd/Anchorage , land tour, return 7-nights cruise would be a great combo. Then you are further north and you have “land” time. 

Hawaii is beautiful. Each island as of now has its own identity. As of now, Maui is the favourite. I’m very happy for the overnight stop/ 2 stops on same island. 

It’s all I hoped for and the weather/climate is perfect😎🥰. 

Persian garden on the Alaska cruise was perfect. Mr enjoyed the hot chairs and steam room a lot. I personally enjoyed the hot chair a lot. (I really like sauna/steam room, but my chronic illness makes it very hard to use… so I’m very careful now) 

My manicure and pedicure was excellent by Alessandra in the spa. It’s pricey, but the quality was excellent. 

Pool attendants has been excellent. I have been walking rain or sun, cold or hot. So they now my ritual. And we used jacuzzi’s when the majority said to cold. 

They have been smiling and greeted me by good morning every day I have been out. Really appreciate this and it’s great to have towels delivered to us, when we’re done in the jacuzzi🥰

Activities from the activity team/CD Sue.

Sue is absolutely all-over-the-ship. First time we had Sue in 2014 on Eclipse she was all over and we had a great cruise. (I really wonder when she sleeps😅😂) Next cruise we meet Sue was on Connie in the med, again all over and a great cruise. 

Her British humour and style is perfect. We know she has full control over everything that’s going on. She will be on tenders, gangway at anytime of the day. 

We were very happy when we discovered that she was going to “run the show”🥰

Sue delivered as expected and we hope to see her again soon🥰

We didn’t attend activities by Christin & the team. (We just looked on some from distance) They arranged several games and game shows during our b2b. So nothing wrong to say on them. (We normally don’t attend to much of those activities… we like the love & marriage show and we usually attend trivia a few times during a cruise)

What did not live up to standards or what could been different? 

Knock on woods, we have managed to stay clear of the covid🙏🏻 We have taken precautions and trying all tricks in the book to keep healthy. 

And we understand and totally support that the world needs to move on to “normal” standards. 

But as longest you go to quarantine if I’ll, things are not normal. Even if you are symptoms free. 

-Boarding 

Boarding in Vancouver for both cruises was a small nightmare. The line for security and us customs was horrible. 

The mix of 3 ships on Alaska sailing was really not good. Okey, all had to test before departure, but the lines and mix of 3 ships is in my opinion a great recipe of getting covid. It’s not X fault. But Canada is strictly and then they make a “perfect” party to get I’ll. 

Best would be on line for each cruise. 

-Ports of call Alaska 

In all ports of call in Alaska there’s multiple ships in each port of call. So we meet many ships on our sailing. 

If it’s necessary to use a shuttle, all ships was just stewed together in line and on buses. 

No force of masks in line or onboard. Again, lots of people. And all ships were either in the beginning or in the end of their sailing. 

In our first port of call, we meet a Princess ship and they were on return. We talked brief to someone onboard and they said lots of people were I’ll of covid onboard. Again, our ship was mixed in shuttle and no mask, no distance…. Perfect for getting it onboard😔 

And people on private tours mix by other ships. 

So this process here is not very cleaver if you want your ship to keeping healthy….

Onboard Alaska 

We could hear the coughing rise 4-5 days into our cruise. More snotty people and some sneezing “out of normal” levels. 

Nothing different onboard, no words about masks or to contact medical if I’ll. 

Things went on and the day before Victoria, inside passing, we felt as we were walking in a flu pandemic. People were sitting in Sky Lounge, brought up the Kleenex box from the rooms, sneezing and snoring in wide public by the windows. No crew said a word. Why weren’t they told to leave and stay in your cabin????

People were going into theatre in the evening, coughing, sneezing and looking as hell. Obviously I’ll of something. 

Again, they were not told to leave, put on a mask or stay away. 

They didn’t demand masks or anything before we returned to Vancouver. 

This was a perfect way to gear up for the Hawaiian sailing😖

Rob, guests relations manager said loudly on b2b meeting that it would be no testing…. 

When the b2b testing was done in Victoria, they should have understood that they had been to lazy… to many b2b failed the testing😔

They should have demanded masks in the theatre and indoors several days earlier. 

We were on toes not happy about this. 

Hawaiian cruise 

I did send guest relations a message when the Hawaiian cruise started. I asked if they had done extra sanitary or fogged the ship while in port. Since it was so many cases of covid and many didn’t report, due to quarantine in Canada if known cases on the ship. 

They were all quiet. Haven’t heard a word in return……

Rob, the guest relations manager can go and fetch himself a “bolle” (Norwegian bun) its not a “good” thing when a Norwegian says: gå å ta deg en bolle…

I went all in, Lysol spray and wipes on all surfaces in our new room. Since we didn’t know if it had a I’ll passenger earlier. 

(I always have my little sanitizer routine in hotels and places when away. But now it was the big wipe down🤪) 

All in all, we are happy for our cruise🥰❤️ It’s extremely nice to be back on X. It’s our favourite and they deliver what we want. 

We are looking forward for Easter, then it will be a Caribbean adventure on Silhouette 

Thank you for the very comprehensive review. 

I'm interested to know why you chose X shore excursions? We normally book independent.  X are usually more expensive. Having said that in some ports there are more limited options. I'd be interested to know what influenced your decision especially since you sound like experienced travellers. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hawaiian airlines 🌺 

We are flying inter island, aka the bus🤣🤣 

Flight is operated on a b717. Seated 2+2 biz and 2+3 economy. 

We are seated on 1f/e. 

Legroom is good and comfortable seat. (Unless you are long or fluffy… it might be tight;) 

Service was excellent. 

For this flight they served a soft drink and a little snack. 

Bag was first on belt🙃

Lyft arrived in 2.minutes and we are now checked in at Hilton Garden Inn Kauai😎

Kauai looks amazing, very lush and green🤩🏝

Room is okay. Has everything you need. 

We are now safe seated at the tiki bar for some dinner in the garden and enjoying our complementary Mai’tai😝🍍 (they made me a orange instead of pineapple😌) 

Mr ordered a Vulcan burger and i went for fish tacos( -pineapple sauce)😋

4B861314-E9F4-4E2F-AB7B-B52EA17C974F.jpeg

EC4E7C29-45E7-4BAC-8769-AEEAF001A2CD.jpeg

F6D09D97-DF64-4C4E-9465-3309082A150E.jpeg

8B3D9852-D1FB-440B-9895-81AAE4D20041.jpeg

BFF139F9-E742-4A37-A946-CEA3FC1DE175.jpeg

35382CF8-7D75-4B41-84BA-A488F963BC07.jpeg

70C01654-16A0-4283-91A3-454CC9E1496D.jpeg

EEBBDDD9-0F59-4415-94FA-07B5E69F73E3.jpeg

FBAD6324-5F03-4E85-9159-9984AE4DC756.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redking said:

Thank you for the very comprehensive review. 

I'm interested to know why you chose X shore excursions? We normally book independent.  X are usually more expensive. Having said that in some ports there are more limited options. I'd be interested to know what influenced your decision especially since you sound like experienced travellers. Thanks.

Normally we always book individually. We have much better control of the tour and we can get everything we wish for. 
price is not always cheaper individual. It depends on size of the group. We are 2, so it’s often not cheaper. It depends on the activity and location in the world. 

on this cruise, the planning started extremely late, july. We didn’t know if it would be possible and everything has been very liquid…. So safe to book by X if we were cancelled on our cruise. 

Normally I have everything planned, booked and finished several months before departure. 

For both Alaska and Hawaii it’s been hard to get tours private. Tried several companies. 
In Alaska we were at end of season, so many companies had no capacity/crew or already booked up. Even X shore excursions were cancelled due to lack of staff in tour companies😟 Both our tours that were cancelled/rebooked was lack of staff at tour provider. (And we needed to drive the school bus to one tour…. Bus company had no drivers left, they had left for the season😝
Same was for Hawaii, already booked up or lacking staff.So limited capacity on tours. 

All-in-all we were lucky on tours. They ended up great. So really happy for that🥰 it could been the other way😝

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Normally we always book individually. We have much better control of the tour and we can get everything we wish for. 
price is not always cheaper individual. It depends on size of the group. We are 2, so it’s often not cheaper. It depends on the activity and location in the world. 

on this cruise, the planning started extremely late, july. We didn’t know if it would be possible and everything has been very liquid…. So safe to book by X if we were cancelled on our cruise. 

Normally I have everything planned, booked and finished several months before departure. 

For both Alaska and Hawaii it’s been hard to get tours private. Tried several companies. 
In Alaska we were at end of season, so many companies had no capacity/crew or already booked up. Even X shore excursions were cancelled due to lack of staff in tour companies😟 Both our tours that were cancelled/rebooked was lack of staff at tour provider. (And we needed to drive the school bus to one tour…. Bus company had no drivers left, they had left for the season😝
Same was for Hawaii, already booked up or lacking staff.So limited capacity on tours. 

All-in-all we were lucky on tours. They ended up great. So really happy for that🥰 it could been the other way😝

Very helpful. Thank you.

Enjoy Kauai! There are some beautiful scenic hikes there. We particularly liked the one in Na pali Coast State Wilderness Park. The drive up past Waimea canyon is also gorgeous. Will you be renting a car at all?

You’ll see these 🐓  everywhere on the island too! 

446028C3-C39A-4F33-887B-4EE36DFEC74C.jpeg

1E0ADCB9-CBFE-4593-9285-317E7E49D176.jpeg

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Eclipse Hawaii cruise and so nice to meet darling Norway couple in the Sky Lounge Officers party.

This was my fifth cruise in 11 months all on X. Not so lucky this time. I tested this morning and I have Covid. It`s seems worse than a mild cold, as many have reported. We have had all Vax and Boosters. 

Stay safe , Heather

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

I can't remember if you explained your Captain's Club status problem, but I'm curious what is the confusion?  Thank you

11 hours ago, calicakes said:

That is a very sad looking fish taco.  Did you ask for "just fish"? 

I asked and said now pineapple😝 since I’m allergic😔 So that was = to strip away all vegetables🤣🤣🤣 The fish was very good😊 

1 hour ago, NBliving said:

I can't remember if you explained your Captain's Club status problem, but I'm curious what is the confusion?  Thank you

In earlier posts we have said a word or two about not fitting the box…. 
Not to be rude or “boxing” people😅🤣😝 But since we are not 75+ and I’m looking as I’m still in junior high(🤣😝🤩😅) It’s the same problem all over the world…. If I don’t bring my passport, no drinks in US/NZ/AUS etc….

We are elite (nest will be to +), and have/has access when they still did canapés and drink hours 17-19. 
And we do get invited to senior officers captains club event. 
On several events we have been taken aside in the entrance door, turned around while they say:  private event for elite and above…. , because they assume we don’t have access or are invited….. And then they see the status and just pretending as this is normal process. 

It goes to a point when you just don’t feel welcome anymore. 
And one of the captain’s club hosts has really made us uncomfortable due to this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So what have we been doing? 🏝

Well, today I had to do some work. 

So I had a few office hours before we went for a walk. 4h efforts is okay🤓

We walked from Hilton to end of Kapa city. It was a nice walk by the ocean and on return we stopped by Safeway to pick up some fruit, soda and some dinner for today. 

After returning from our walk, we decided to try out the beach at our hotel/Lyd gate beach. 

It has 2 lagoon areas, nicely for snorkelling or children. Very calm water😉 And then you have the usual beach, big waves and nice for boogie board. 

Mr was in the ocean for a good hour, I tested the water. It was nice, but I’m very easy cold🥶 

After the beach visit, it was time to collect our complimentary Mai’tai🍹 (mr is SO sad I can’t have mine….😂) 

We enjoyed the view over the bay and decided that we would overlook the hula show the hotel has every Thursday at 17.30. 

It was dancing and live music. It lasted for 35.minutes. It was a great time by the local dance group🌺

Today’s menu for dinner is sushi maki, broccoli salad and fresh fruit😌

It’s nice just to take it easy tonight. 

Tomorrow we have plans😇

7983A5E6-3988-4AA4-8D6B-C1A27DF029B5.jpeg

81B9CE54-6F82-42D5-A631-82C14D1A162F.jpeg

71F2E0F0-BB77-4A5E-84E6-584E0E1BEB2D.jpeg

136C9191-B7F3-444E-AAD3-414DE0E98FF8.jpeg

C7ABFCEB-D7C6-4175-864B-8993DE129A07.jpeg

8B0504C2-8A46-4140-88A5-5302ECB4248E.jpeg

40749508-1F77-428C-B991-FE7D5480382C.jpeg

9A9971F9-174E-4529-8C4F-DAB4B55B211C.jpeg

0AEA2CB3-7481-4A59-9D5B-EF974F46FC25.jpeg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Not to be rude or “boxing” people😅🤣😝 But since we are not 75+ and I’m looking as I’m still in junior high(🤣😝🤩😅) It’s the same problem all over the world…. If I don’t bring my passport, no drinks in US/NZ/AUS etc….

😂😂ok I understand! Lucky you to look even younger than you are! You will make Zenith and still have years to cruise, God willing! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

It seems to me the CC hosts should have names and photos of Elite and above cruisers. Not okay to make passengers feel uncomfortable! I hope you include this critique in your post cruise survey.

At one time we had to show cards to get into the Sky lounge. That has stopped since drinks were spread to most bars.

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

At one time we had to show cards to get into the Sky lounge. That has stopped since drinks were spread to most bars.

I have no problem to show my card to verify myself. 

But when someone comes from behind put arms on you and turn you away and on automatically says loudly: privat event…. Only for captain’s club elite and above….

and then you discreet show your card and invite… 

and you pretend nothing happened, I don’t feel extremely welcome🙄 and you managed to do this on 2 cruises in a row. 

Then you are very happy when you are approach as a “normal”❤️

• Like 1

What a great start of the day😎 Sunny, clear sky and a excellent day to go paddle boarding In Waimea river and walk to the waterfall. 

The starting point is just across the road from Hilton Garden Inn. 

Yesterday we booked online at Kauai SUP and when we took our walk, we went by and asked that everything for tomorrow was good AND that we could carry our boards the 500m from the shop to the starting position. We don’t have a rental car. YES, YES👍🏻👍🏻 

So we packed our gear, lunch and camera and went off to pick up 09.30…….. (your starting to smell trouble?🫣) 

Well, hello and beautiful day! 

Where is your car? Car, we don’t have one. That’s why we stopped by yesterday to make sure everything is okay……

You can’t rent. We demand that the boards must be taken by car the 500m to staring point for river sup. 

Hello??? We asked yesterday and everything was good😰

You have spooked to our new employer. We have a strict policy, no car, no rental. 

So perfect😬🤥🫠😳 

We can’t go sup in the river to the waterfall😟 it says no place online that you must have a car. Not in the faq or in the text. 

It was no help in what other activities we might be able to do. We asked if he knew of a bicycle rental or if it’s a map of walking tracks nearby….

On the way back to our hotel we stopped by the kayak rental on the ramp to the river. They were rented out for the day. 

But this guy could tell us were the bicycle rental was located and he recommended to take a walk to Hopii Falls. You can take Uber/Lyft to starting point. 

We went back to the hotel to see what options we had, except going to the beach😎

So we decided that Hopii Falls was a good solution and we only needed to book a transportation. 

It’s a great walk. You literally jumped into a tropical forest when you enter the path. 

The first waterfall is for the brave locals🤪 We saw several jumpers. But we decided to stay on land🙃safety🤓

The next waterfall is further on the hike. Your walking on uneven track and have lots of lush vegetation around🌳🌳

It has a good pool for a dip and a Tarzan swing. 

We walked back to the entrance of the track and discovered that it was a nice walking trip down to the ocean. So we walked thru Kapaa down to ocean and onward to Safeway…. ( guess what? It’s a brewery next to Safeway….. yes, you know what happens next🍺) 

So Mr had a tasting paddle and I waited as usual😂😂

We picked up some groceries and was hoping for a lyft. But it was rush hour🤪 So we walked back to our hotel.

So a decent walk today🙌🏻 Lots of kfc🐓🐓🐓😂😂😂

It turned out to become a nice day, even if it started a bit down🙃 First choice would been perfect, but our walk was a good number 2. 

Mr is on it’s way to the Tiki bar to collect our daily “free” (included in the resort fee) Mai’tai….

It will be salad, fruit and carrot cake for today’s dinner🥗🍰🍉🍓🫐 So a good menu🙃

Tomorrow we will leave early for a catamaran sailing tour to Napali Coast

5BE9530F-ECD9-48AD-B9A2-C43C3E480DF8.jpeg

2CC42D13-C24D-4381-BC46-25C9D3352BB5.jpeg

8E249A54-97D9-4B89-9443-76AB608CB3D3.jpeg

D187416C-257C-4247-83D0-5AADE1EA5E3A.jpeg

F92BA8BD-7607-4559-A333-E95E11E1B04D.jpeg

0F58799E-7A32-4179-8EB8-15B35BBEF5E0.jpeg

65B7293F-FBA0-4332-8FB4-CD0C35726C64.jpeg

A12964ED-81AF-42BB-A359-373DB277ED45.jpeg

7B58CA49-C485-42A4-A5AE-0138BE040664.jpeg

855F1A00-AF3D-40E5-95A0-42E46F7F874D.jpeg