SHARING A LONG CRUISE

Henrietta

I enjoy the long ocean crossings.  Would now like to share the experience with my daughters for company and support. Whole trip too long for those with work and family commitments.  Can the lead swop companion at a half way point on HAL or any of the other Carnival companies?.

That's a good question that I have wondered also. If I was on a World/Long Cruise none of my friends or family are able to be away that long, and frankly, I wouldn't want to share my cabin for that length of time either! 😁 I like my space!  It would be fun to have someone come on for a week or two if segments are available. I think people have inquired about people getting on or leaving in the middle of a full shorter cruise or segment, but that could possibly be an immigration or logistics problem. 

I'll watch here to see if anyone has firsthand experience with this scenario.

Thanks,

~Nancy

It was possible in the past for a World Cruise. There were several people that were on for the entire 2019 WC and were joined by friends/relatives for a segment or 2. I don’t know how it was booked or handled by HAL.

Edited by sandiego1

I wondered another question along the same line… if you could disembark early from a cruise? Would love to do a transatlantic but can’t do 14 days. We’re sticking it would be great if I could do the first seven days of the transatlantic and disembark in Portugal before it crosses the ocean

1 hour ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

I wondered another question along the same line… if you could disembark early from a cruise? Would love to do a transatlantic but can’t do 14 days. We’re sticking it would be great if I could do the first seven days of the transatlantic and disembark in Portugal before it crosses the ocean

I am sure you could do this but you would need to pay for the 14 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Why not just look for a Mediterranean cruise with similar ports? if you don't cross the ocean, it's really not a TransAtlantic, is it?

Our first TA was Florida to Europe and was sold as two legs (FLL to BCN, and Barcelona to Venice) or as one 26 day cruise.

17 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

You would definitely need a deviation approval from HAL. And you would need to pay for the full cruise. There are all sorts of restrictions on where passengers can disembark.

Maybe good to mention that disembarking at certain ports is restricted because of (lacking of) immigration and customs possibilities.