Wonder Vs Oasis

Have a big decision to make and not much time to do it. I know zero about Wonder except it's new, big, and pics look nice. Oasis I have studied for months. Wonder is way more $$$ but the dates, time, temp, and itinerary is really cool. Thoughts, opinions, trip reports, crazy rants, let me have it. 

Being in the same ship class, they are very, very similar. 

As you stated, Wonder is newer. Wonder has The Mason Jar specialty restaurant and a larger Windjammer buffet. The Aqua shows are similar--but different. The ice skating shows are similar--but different. Oasis has Cats. Oasis has the Portside BBQ specialty restaurant. 

My guess is that you would have a nearly identical experience on each. Let the cost and itinerary drive your decision.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Have a big decision to make and not much time to do it. I know zero about Wonder except it's new, big, and pics look nice. Oasis I have studied for months. Wonder is way more $$$ but the dates, time, temp, and itinerary is really cool. Thoughts, opinions, trip reports, crazy rants, let me have it. 

The Oasis has been recently in dry dock, so it is refreshed/amped. Personally, I would go for the newer ship. 

Here’s some of my live impressions from the wonder earlier this year

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

But that would mean they would miss out on Cats!  😳

I'm still wondering how a certain friend is going to handle the World Cruise without CATS for that long... I'm guessing he'll smuggle a DVD on board for when he's having withdrawal symptoms?

• Haha 3

We have been on Allure once and Oasis twice and are going on Wonder in November.  The Oasis and Allure were almost identical and I don't think the overall Wonder experience will be much different.  Only reason we ended up on the Wonder was because RCCL decided to move a bunch of ships around and we wanted to sail from FL for Thanksgiving and not Texas.  Personally, I would go with itinerary, price, and ship; in that order.  

• Like 2

Though it is older than Wonder, I would not hesitate to sail on Oasis, especially if one has not experienced Oasis class.  Given the price difference, I’d book Oasis and use the saving for something else…. That something else depends on one’s taste…cabin upgrade, special shore excursions, unlimited dining package, drink packages, a cabana, extra nights before or after the cruise, upgraded airfare, or put the money toward the next cruise/vacation.

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm still wondering how a certain friend is going to handle the World Cruise without CATS for that long... I'm guessing he'll smuggle a DVD on board for when he's having withdrawal symptoms?

The only thing worse than the live performance of Cats, is the DVD version, sorry John.

• Haha 2

One Flowrider vs. two Flowriders on the same class ship.  That right there tells me I book the Oasis every time over the Wonder.  The Wonder is one ship I likely will never sail on for that reason.  Price (especially if one is far more than the other) usually tells me what ship to book.  I got an incredible deal on the Oasis out of NY for next summer that my wife wants to cancel, but the deal was so good, I really want to keep it.  If they switched the Oasis out and replace it with the Allure, Harmony, or Symphony, we would 100% keep the cruise.  If they switched the cruise out of NYC to the Wonder, I would 100% cancel the cruise.

• Like 1