What's the earliest you got off ship in Port Canaveral

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Thank you! That was a great idea! Might not be my Sunday morning, but a Sunday morning from there. So volume/surge should be similar in theory anyway. I didn't know about the prebook 30days out stuff. Something to look into and think about. At this point it's rental car going and shuttle service or uber going back to airport. Not gonna risk car rental lines for return. Shuttle service suggests anyone?

I very highly recommend Cortrans Shuttle Service https://www.cortrans-shuttle.com

Just got off Harmony last Sunday. Left the room around 6:45 and were out by 7:00. Took Uber XL for $107 Uber X was like $70 and comfort around $90 so i didn't wanna take a chance so i took the XL cause we were 4 people with 4 bags ,We were at MCO around 7:50 or so and our flight was at 11:30, We had a lot of time enjoying the lounge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watwat said:

Just got off Harmony last Sunday. Left the room around 6:45 and were out by 7:00. Took Uber XL for $107 Uber X was like $70 and comfort around $90 so i didn't wanna take a chance so i took the XL cause we were 4 people with 4 bags ,We were at MCO around 7:50 or so and our flight was at 11:30, We had a lot of time enjoying the lounge.

Did you pre book an Uber? How did you know what time to tell them you would be off? Or did you order it the second you got off? If so how long to get one to show up? I like how early, fast, and on your way this can be. Just curious about how to set up. Thanks in advance.

Did you pre book an Uber? How did you know what time to tell them you would be off? Or did you order it the second you got off? If so how long to get one to show up? I like how early, fast, and on your way this can be. Just curious about how to set up. Thanks in advance.

I ordered it the second I got off and it took the driver just 2 mins to make it there.

There is no way to know when you will be on the curb. Just book the Uber once you are outside. Uber or Lyft will give you an estimated time (usually less than 10 minutes). 

54 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Ok, so if i get up and down early (with all my bags all in hand) ready to jump ship first chance and want to pre book private transportation. Would booking 745am be a crazy goal? Or would I have to book something for 8am? Think I could be free and clear outside by 745am?

Too many variables to book a specific time. 

Our last cruise had 35 Cuban refugees that we picked up from their sinking boat off the coast of Cuba. We disembarked on time. 

Our cruise in April had people who missed the ship in Miami and joined two days later. That cruise delayed disembarkation by 45 minutes for immigrations and customs to clear the the late joining people first, before the other 4000 people who got to the ship on time. 

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Our last cruise had 35 Cuban refugees that we picked up from their sinking boat off the coast of Cuba. We disembarked on time. 

Our cruise in April had people who missed the ship in Miami and joined two days later. That cruise delayed disembarkation by 45 minutes for immigrations and customs to clear the the late joining people first, before the other 4000 people who got to the ship on time. 

Thank you!!!

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Was starting to think about a private shuttle $110 just for us. But they make you pick 715, 730, 745, 800am etc. Would be stuck at which to pick. I assume if it was pre paid they would wait for me if I'm a little late? So it's down to that or Uber. Just concerned might not be enough Uber's around? Which sounds better?

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Typo

14 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

This would be for Wonder next May. Plan is to rent car at port back to MCO. I'm ok with self assist if it gets me down the street to enterprise faster. Just want to make sure I can make 11:45 departure work. Otherwise it's another $400 each for later flight.

Do self assist.  We were off around 6:45.  They have shuttles waiting to take you to the airport, this was a much cheaper option and we were at the airport and through security by 9am.

11 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Was starting to think about a private shuttle $110 just for us. But they make you pick 715, 730, 745, 800am etc. Would be stuck at which to pick. I assume if it was pre paid they would wait for me if I'm a little late? So it's down to that or Uber. Just concerned might not be enough Uber's around? Which sounds better?

If you do make sure you rented the whole shuttle. We did that and ended up waiting for the party of 2 who had also reserved and got on 20 minutes past scheduled time. Very frustrating.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:18 AM, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

This would be for Wonder next May. Plan is to rent car at port back to MCO. I'm ok with self assist if it gets me down the street to enterprise faster. Just want to make sure I can make 11:45 departure work. Otherwise it's another $400 each for later flight.

I would skip the car rental, that’s just adding another hour to your transit between getting car and dropping off. 
Arrange for a car service or Uber; and you can be at the airport and checked in by 900-915.

We used this company in July, they provided a Sprinter type van for our party of 8. 

https://www.orlandotransfer.net/rates/port-canaveral.html

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

I don’t understand why anybody would ask this question. Are you going for the record for earliest off, just because some people got off really early doesn’t mean you will, too many variables. What happens to your transportation plans if you are late, will they wait, will you miss your flight? Our last cruise in October 2019, due to computer problems, walk off didn’t even start until about 8:45 and just about everybody was a walk off.

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I don’t understand why anybody would ask this question. Are you going for the record for earliest off, just because some people got off really early doesn’t mean you will, too many variables. What happens to your transportation plans if you are late, will they wait, will you miss your flight? Our last cruise in October 2019, due to computer problems, walk off didn’t even start until about 8:45 and just about everybody was a walk off.

Yes, i unfortunately am going for the record. We changed ships, flights, cities, and states for that week. From Oasis in NJ to Wonder in FL. In order to recycle some (unfortunately not all) of our money for airfare, we were limited to a flight that leaves at 11:45am that day. If we miss it we will have to buy something right there on the spot. Either way looking at bet $500 to a thousand each. So the plan is to try hard to make this flight. Many say 11:45am is doable if self disembark and move quick. Also decided to get TSA pre check. That will help cut airport time by a great deal. And if we still miss it,  then we will spend the extra $500 to a thousand each. But i think with all this research and information everyone has been so incredibly kind with, we will have a real shot. It's not something I would ever recommend you do if just starting to plan, but we decided to take advantage of all the refundable fares we had to make for a warmer trip. Bayonne NJ in May is 60 to 65 degrees and Florida is 85 to 95. About to have another bad Minnesota winter and decided starting in NJ and going down coast and back up at weeks end just wasn't warm enough. It's been a long time since i felt tropical. Need to feel it when i step off the plane. Lol. Oasis was an incredible rate, but Wonder looks even more amazing. So we will "amazing race" it to airport to (Try) and save money. 

Kids, Don't try this at home!!!!  LOL.

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Typo

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Yes, i unfortunately am going for the record. We changed ships, flights, cities, and states for that week. From Oasis in NJ to Wonder in FL. In order to recycle some (unfortunately not all) of our money for airfare, we were limited to a flight that leaves at 11:45am that day. If we miss it we will have to buy something right there on the spot. Either way looking at bet $500 to a thousand each. So the plan is to try hard to make this flight. Many say 11:45am is doable if self disembark and move quick. Also decided to get TSA pre check. That will help cut airport time by a great deal. And if we still miss it,  then we will spend the extra $500 to a thousand each. But i think with all this research and information everyone has been so incredibly kind with, we will have a real shot. It's not something I would ever recommend you do if just starting to plan, but we decided to take advantage of all the refundable fares we had to make for a warmer trip. Bayonne NJ in May is 60 to 65 degrees and Florida is 85 to 95. About to have another bad Minnesota winter and decided starting in NJ and going down coast and back up at weeks end just wasn't warm enough. It's been a long time since i felt tropical. Need to feel it when i step off the plane. Lol. Oasis was an incredible rate, but Wonder looks even more amazing. So we will "amazing race" it to airport to (Try) and save money. 

Kids, Don't try this at home!!!!  LOL.

Don’t worry. You’ll make an 11:45 flight. Delays by cruise ships are very much avoided and are very rare. It’s in their best interest to get you off as early as possible. I could’ve made a 10am flight the last time. Realistically if you’re ready to go when they open the gangway you’ll be outside by 7am. Just tell whatever shuttle you use that you plan to be off ASAP. They know when these ships disembark. Our shuttle even stopped to pick up a few passengers off a Disney ship on our way and I was still at the gate by 9am. 

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

On 9/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

My thought is that with renting a car, you are wasting time as opposed to having a shuttle arranged to pick you up at say 8AM.  We did self assist and were off the ship at 7:30.  Our shuttle was schedule for 8AM, but everyone was at the shuttle by 7:45 and we left then.  

We arrived at MCO about 8:30 and the lines were quite long for check in, but fortunately one more outside luggage checking area opened and we were about third in line.  The TSA lines are very long at MCO and fortunately we all have Pre-check so we didn't have to wait in the long, long lines.

We were at the gate in plenty of time for our 10:35 flight.  I think if we were going to rent a car, it would have been impossible to meet our flight.  Waiting for the shuttle at the port to get to the car rental,  getting the car, driving and then dropping the car off at the airport, takes more time than most realize.  It is a bit of a walk from where rental cars are dropped off and then getting to the check in area.  

I have also read where people trying to pick up cars at Pt Canaveral may have a wait as the car rental locations are waiting for people to drop off cars on their way to board ships, so many times there aren't cars available immediately.  I have personally not experienced this as we don't rent a car to get to the port.