11 night cruise ladies would you rewear outfits?

Cruiser1862

As long as I didn't spill anything on myself I definitely re-wear my dinner clothes.

I figure I don't remember what anyone else had on, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remember what I wore.  And if they do, so what I'm clean and presentable.

In addition, on NCL you're not at an assigned table so probably wouldn't run into the same people again anyway.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have done carry on only for many years.  We just returned from. 10night cruise from Southampton to Reyjakvik and spent three days post cruise touring.   I wash out my undies and if necessary my tees.  For evenings I take one pair black slacks, and three wrinkle resistant tops.   All hand washable if need be.  As Bird said, no one will give a flip what you are wearing.  One of the joys of packing light is, it takes five minutes to unpack which allows us to get out to the balcony with a beverage right away.  And on your last day you are not spending precious hours packing, either.   We often travel with friends who bring refrigerator sized luggage and they miss a great deal of their last afternoon or evening preparing to disembark.  What a waste, in my humble opinion.   We can take advantage of an earlier flight should one come up because we have no checked bags to worry about.

lots of advantages when you learn to let go of the outfit, or two, per day. Give it a try, my guess is you won’t go back to overpacking when you e perience the freedom of carry on only.

I adore this.  I wish I could.  

Unfortunately our two medication regimens take up as much space as you described!  😂

8 hours ago, Cruiser1862 said:

I want to pack much lighter as I consistently overpack. I am always sure I need an outfit for every single night but I end up re-wearing certain clothes. After all, I shower after the day out and wear my dinner outfit a few hours at most. 

I want to bring a couple of sun type dresses and rewear them. I know it’s easy to bring black and white slacks/capris and change up the tops. But what about dresses?

You'll never see anyone again that you meet on the cruise so what does it matter?

I recycle outfits all of the time and only bring 2 maybe 3 different options for 7 days, my husband on the other hand is the challenge! 

He can't seem to eat a meal without spilling on himself no matter how hard he tries! 😖

• Like 1

I am an over packer and something I have been working on as I don't end up wearing a third of what I usually take.  I now try to preplan outfits for each day/night of what I think I will want to wear based on if it is a sea day or port day and then just add in another 2-3 shirts just in case.  This has been working fairly well for me.  For those evenings we go to specialty dining, I usually wear the same black pants and shoes with a different top.  As others have said, no one should care what you are wearing and won't remember anyways.

29 minutes ago, boogybaby said:

I always have a different outfit for each evening it’s what I enjoy about cruising an opportunity to wear all the items in the wardrobe and my husband is the same. Everyone should do what suits them

Yes, it's a part of my fun as well. And, having luggage has never been an issue for me or held me up in any way. I like choices and freedom, not being stuck with just a few items to choose from. Where's the fun in that. As long as it's no problem for me, I will keep doing it! As said above, I also wash in the sink if necessary or send to the laundry if I want to. I just like freedom and choices. 

• Like 4

On 9/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, Cruiser1862 said:

Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure no one would think “OMG didn’t she wear that the other night”??!!!  But, truth be told…who cares??!!

With up to 4,000 people on the ship, if there is somebody who can remember what everyone has worn the previous days, that person is probably the same person who could memorize all the names in a phone book. Oh wait...phone book? Showing my age...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

With up to 4,000 people on the ship, if there is somebody who can remember what everyone has worn the previous days, that person is probably the same person who could memorize all the names in a phone book. Oh wait...phone book? Showing my age...

I remember some by their bathing suits.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, mcmomny said:

I recycle outfits all of the time and only bring 2 maybe 3 different options for 7 days, my husband on the other hand is the challenge! 

He can't seem to eat a meal without spilling on himself no matter how hard he tries! 😖

Ha Ha!  Mine is the same.  Shout wipes and Tide pens are your friend!  He usually asks the waiter when ordering,  "What will look good on this shirt?"

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, mypleasure said:

I like to take things that I can mix and match. I also make use of laundry (We are both Platinum) which makes it quite easy to do this. I wear neutral on the bottom half and bright colours on the top. I don't do dresses or skirts. One pair of shoes for day and one for night time. Works for me.

Hubby and I both like to travel with 1 carry on size suitcase each (plus a personal bag like a purse/backpack). Our trips are generally about 4 weeks.

Like this poster, we have a similar plan that we work. Items that can mix and match, neutrals, limit shoes. I also find for women that throwing in some accessories, like a beautiful scarf, takes up very little room and can change an entire outfit. We usually do some laundry/send out some laundry during the trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 5:41 AM, terry&mike said:

Hubby and I both like to travel with 1 carry on size suitcase each (plus a personal bag like a purse/backpack). Our trips are generally about 4 weeks.

Like this poster, we have a similar plan that we work. Items that can mix and match, neutrals, limit shoes. I also find for women that throwing in some accessories, like a beautiful scarf, takes up very little room and can change an entire outfit. We usually do some laundry/send out some laundry during the trip.

I appreciate your post, since it has inspired me to NOT overpack (as I usually do)!

• Like 5

This did make me chuckle a little.  

My GF is (was) an over packer...more than one outfit for every day/night of the cruise. When we started to take multiple cruises, she quickly started to dwindle what she took as we had to shlep multiple suitcases through the airports, onto the ships, and back again.

Plus, paying for checked baggage became more than just a nominal charge.

Now?  

Carry ons and rollaboards only.  She actually packs her purse in her backpack, to add to the top of the rollaboard so she can technically have 3 cases she has access to.

Granted, we're sapphire, so we get some laundry done on board.  But, she brings little detergent packs with her to wash her unmentionables in the sink about 3/4 was through the cruise, so she doesn't overpack underwear.  I do the same.

She usually goes for one piece dresses vs tops and bottoms, which also helps with luggage space.  She does pack shorts and tops, if we're going to a hot climate, but she "re-wears" them on multiple days.  And, as others have pointed out, she mixes and matches to give the appearance of having different outfits.

Me?  I don't care. I put a button down Hawaiian shirt with khakis for dinner, and wear the same shirt with shorts during the day.  Topsiders (boat shoes) double as casual and dress shoes.  I wear tennis shoes mostly.  And sandals on beach days.

In total, when we cruise together, we have two AWAY rollaboards (the larger ones which still fit in the overheads), two large backpacks (which can be stuffed under the seat) and her purse (which is stuffed in either the back packs or rollaboards) she keeps her phone, credit cards, cash, meds, ID in.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 9:15 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Absolutely. My only rule is no back to back so it has a day to air out 😉

Lol, I have this rule too!

Also, I will put on a fresh top in the evening for dinner, and then re-wear it a couple days later on a port day.  I figure clothes don't get dirty if I'm wearing them in the evening for dinner, but on a warm weather cruise all bets are off when running around in port.  So I still manage to get at least a couple wearings out of each top.

• Like 1