Transportation from LAX to San Pedro

kmry

We will be flying into LAX the day before our cruise so we can't take the Princess transfer to our hotel which is in San Pedro.  Does anyone have some suggestions for a reliable and reasonable method of transport for a group of 4 getting there?  Thanks for your suggestions!

Depending on time of day. I got back into LAX at 2330 last night. Uber/Lyft $90.00+. We took a cab and itwas $60.00. We have a place in Signal Hill which overlooks Long Beach. Approx 17  miles from airport to our place. Use a cab fare estimator and a cab might be best bet for 4 of you. No matter, you either have 2 cab stands 1 in International parking area and 1 in LAXIT lot . If you need a ride directly from your arrival terminal, (LAXIT lot is across from Terminal 1 , SWA terminal) you can use Uber Black or a private transport company. They can pick up directly in front of arrivals

I'm sorry you are flying into LAX...it's a nightmare for me.  Any chance of flying into Long Beach instead?

If you take a shared ride, you have to hoof it/bus over to the LAXit lot with ALL of your baggage.

I have not used this service.  It is expensive.  But it does offer baggage curbside pickup.   My sister had reserved the service, then had to cancel.  She as very much impressed with their service.

https://curbsideexpresslax.com/book-us/

50 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Lyft/Uber

34 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Depending on time of day. I got back into LAX at 2330 last night. Uber/Lyft $90.00+. We took a cab and itwas $60.00. We have a place in Signal Hill which overlooks Long Beach. Approx 17  miles from airport to our place. Use a cab fare estimator and a cab might be best bet for 4 of you. No matter, you either have 2 cab stands 1 in International parking area and 1 in LAXIT lot . If you need a ride directly from your arrival terminal, (LAXIT lot is across from Terminal 1 , SWA terminal) you can use Uber Black or a private transport company. They can pick up directly in front of arrivals

What terminal are you coming in to? For a taxi and Uber you have to shuttle to a lot called LAX-it (LA exit). There are a couple of cabs stands at near TBIT & Terminal 3 and one at Terminal 7.

A taxi is $60-75 before a tip, Uber is $50-70.

No hotel in San Pedro has a shuttle to any airport, certainly not LAX.

5 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Will it be easy to get a uber? We usually sail out of Florida, haven't been to LAX since the days before uber!

Extremely. LA has one of the biggest selections of Uber offerings as well. Anything from a budget UberX all the way up to a Mercedes S Class under UberLux and everything in between. 

Keep in mind that using UberBlack or above will pick you up curbside at LAX vs having to go to the special offsite pick up zone for UberX. Can save time and is worth the extra cost to some folks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

Extremely. LA has one of the biggest selections of Uber offerings as well. Anything from a budget UberX all the way up to a Mercedes S Class under UberLux and everything in between. 

Keep in mind that using UberBlack or above will pick you up curbside at LAX vs having to go to the special offsite pick up zone for UberX. Can save time and is worth the extra cost to some folks. 

Ok thanks, that's good to know. I wasn't aware of that.

13 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I would DEFINITELY get Uber Black for the extra $35-45 dollars for the convenience of curbside pick-up instead of having to shuttle to the LAX-it Lot.