Check in question

oskidunker

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Just checked in for Oct 1 cruise. All check in times very available. We are in a Standard Veranda.  Does this mean the ship might not be fully booked?

This is the “new” process since the restart of cruising: on line check-in and choose available time.

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Just checked in for Oct 1 cruise. All check in times very available. We are in a Standard Veranda.  Does this mean the ship might not be fully booked?

Are you on Sirena? We checked in today too. 
We can drive to the port so I just picked a time I thought we could achieve without having to leave home too early. I’m hoping we won’t be held to our time too strictly, just in case of hold ups on the road.

1 hour ago, Kristal Blade said:

We can drive to the port so I just picked a time I thought we could achieve without having to leave home too early. I’m hoping we won’t be held to our time too strictly, just in case of hold ups on the road.

hmmm...stands to reason that if you picked 1pm but didn't get there until 2pm, you would still be permitted to embark.  i don't think you have to worry about late unless the ship has sailed.

• Haha 1

Our recent experience, yesterday, was we had chosen 11 am. When we got to the terminal there was a huge group of people already waiting. Lady in charge said they don’t limit how many people can choose a certain time(big mistake) so they would randomly call a group of people to get in line to do health screening. Then they had lines for each category. I asked if they were honoring Priority Terminal Checking. She directed me to the Owners Suite line, not in Owners Suite. Showed boarding pass and was given key card and got right on the ship. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Yes on Sirena.  Coming from Bath, about a 2 hour trip they claim. Picked noon.

12 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Yes on Sirena.  Coming from Bath, about a 2 hour trip they claim. Picked noon.

See you on board!

Roads shouldn’t be too bad. Kids are back at school, a bit of Saturday traffic as we come into Portsmouth, maybe, but we should be on board in time for lunch.