Bringing wine/liquor on board???

lidge

I've been given mixed messages about purchasing liquor and/or wine in port and bringing it on board.  My TA says Regent will hold it until we disembark; my Regent contact said yes we can not only bring it on board, we can even bring it into the dining room.  Anyone want to weigh in on this?

bring on what you want. Just talked to a good friend of mine who was on a recent voyage where they met a person who had shipped a whole case of his fav wine to be on board (his wine, not Regent). Regent was happy to serve at his table.  

Personally, don't get why he did this... as there are plenty of great selections on board.  

27 minutes ago, Gcto said:

bring on what you want. Just talked to a good friend of mine who was on a recent voyage where they met a person who had shipped a whole case of his fav wine to be on board (his wine, not Regent). Regent was happy to serve at his table.  

Personally, don't get why he did this... as there are plenty of great selections on board.  

Regent and Silversea have been happy to order our favorite wine and have it delivered to the ship for us.  The sommelier keeps it stored and will bring us a bottle whenever and wherever we wish it served.  We pay for it using on board credit.  There may be great selections on board, but this way we are assured of having what we want.  

When we were on a mass market cruise ship, we had a bottle we bought at one of the ports and they held it for us until the day before we disembarked.  If a cruise charges for drinks as you go, that would more likely be the area where they hold your liquor until you are at the end of your cruise.