Royal Princess — Cabin Lighting

pediem

My Google-fu (or cruisecritic-fu) is failing me.  I know I’ve seen this discussed, but I can’t find any of the threads, so apologies in advance for what is likely a repeat question for some.

I see that the closet light (outside the bathroom) is on a motion detector of some sort.  At least it’s only me in the cabin, so I won’t get woken up by someone else needing to go in the middle of the night.  I can mostly just close/squint my eyes if I need to get up, I suppose…or does anyone know where the detector is?  Maybe I could cover it somehow?

Either way, my bigger issue is the lights underneath the nightstands on either side of the bed.  Is there any way to turn those off?  I have serious issues sleeping with lights on.  Oh wait…those are on motion detectors, too.

Any ideas?  Thanks much!

6 hours ago, pediem said:

My Google-fu (or cruisecritic-fu) is failing me.  I know I’ve seen this discussed, but I can’t find any of the threads, so apologies in advance for what is likely a repeat question for some.

I see that the closet light (outside the bathroom) is on a motion detector of some sort.  At least it’s only me in the cabin, so I won’t get woken up by someone else needing to go in the middle of the night.  I can mostly just close/squint my eyes if I need to get up, I suppose…or does anyone know where the detector is?  Maybe I could cover it somehow?

Either way, my bigger issue is the lights underneath the nightstands on either side of the bed.  Is there any way to turn those off?  I have serious issues sleeping with lights on.  Oh wait…those are on motion detectors, too.

Any ideas?  Thanks much!

Here’s some discussion of nightstand nightlights and bathroom.

51 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s some discussion of nightstand nightlights and bathroom.

No night light in the bathroom. I bring a small battery powered candle to keep in the bathroom. So much easier on the eyes in the middle of the night and no more being momentarily blind on the way back to bed. 

9 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I always carry duct tape. Blue paint tape is easier to remove and works good on the sensor. Ask room steward, if you can't reach that high.

Definitely blue painters tape or electrical tape.

I used a bandaid once on a tv light.

lol

Edited by PacnGoNow