OnPoint eMed for pre-cruise covid testing?

mobilemac

My wife and I are crossing from Barcelona to Florida in November on the Oosterdam.  Our cruise is one of the cruises that requires a pre-cruise negative covid test to board.  We arrive in Barcelona the afternoon before we board and will be in Perpignon FR before Barcelona.  I can't find a testing clinic near Perpignon so we need to complete an emed test.  Has anyone used OnPoint for your testing?  I'm attracted to them because they allow us to use the iHealth tests we received from the US government a few months ago.  Your experiences with OnPoint will be appreciated. 

Actually another option is to just get tested in the Barcelona airport when you arrive. We did that this past spring (when it was still required to enter the US) and it was easy peasy. More expensive though, $30 each. You register, make your appointments and pay online, in advance. Then go to their site in the airport (there are a couple, in departures and arrivals) to get swabbed and go on your way. Get the results both in a text (with a QR code) and an email. Flycovidtestcenter.com is in all the Spanish airports.

Edited by sofietucker

27 minutes ago, 2bout2c said:

This sounds easy. Do they text results?

Our results were emailed within a couple of minutes of completion of the process.  Appointment time began at 10:15pm and we had our results at 10:28pm.  There were two of us testing but you are allowed up to four.

Purchase price was $18.04/pp when you include the 5% discount code for subscribing.  Once the purchase goes through you will be able to choose the date and time.  An email will be sent with a zoom link and confirming the appointment.  Within that email is another link for patient registration.  When you have submitted the registration questionnaire you will receive a text with the confirmation #.  The tech will ask you for that number at the start of your appointment.  We had a very friendly and helpful tech who provided clear instruction to make the whole process simple.

Editing to add:

Oh, sorry!  I just realized you may be asking about the Barcelona Airport testing and not OnPoint!

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

We had a very friendly and helpful tech who provided clear instruction to make the whole process simple.

TY for this very clear explanation. We are planning to use OnPoint on Friday evening. I will make an appt tomorrow when I know the time better.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cowmilker said:

Okay, if the actual testing is as easy as it was to make the appt with OnPoint, this is great.  Got our numbers and our zoom link and we're ready for tomorrow evening.

The only thing that took some time was filling out the questionnaire but it sounds like you’ve done that already.  Good luck!

Easiest thing we've done. Took about 15 minutes and we had confirmed emails before disconnecting.  OnPoint was awesome.  

On arrival at our hotel in downtown Vancouver this afternoon,  we discovered that David had been randomly selected for testing by Canada.  Getting that done was a royal pain.

So he's been tested twice in less than 18 hours.

We didn't know about it until we got to our hotel,  the Hyatt downtown.  They tell you to check your email in the Airport, but our phones incur charges in Canada. 

So I  ignored the suggestion. 

Bad decision. 

Anyway, the hotel folks told us to go to a Shopper's drug store about 10 blocks away. We walked down there and found 2 other people in the same situation. We all worked together and figured out the online registration process- yes, there's another one- and it is finicky. 

Finally got it done after 8 or 10 tries,  I might have gotten slightly testy, and Dave got tested.

It's a PCR test so useless for us. They use it for statistics to determine whether or not their Covid policy is effective or something like that. I do think they should make it more convenient. 

It wasn't complying with their rules that irritated me. It was how perfectly awful the registration was and how it could have cost us a lot of money if we hadn't been able to walk to the pharmacy. 

The whole process took about 2 hours, and that after getting up in the wee hours to fly out of Nashville. We're exhausted. 

If anyone runs into this, just be very careful filling out the online stuff.  No leading 1 for a US phone number.  Use your hotel as a Canadian address. And when you get to the disclaimer crap  scroll down through it all slowly.  Be sure to click on all the drop downs, and check all the boxes, even the French section.

I was the OP for this topic and have been closely following everyone's responses.  I'm pleased to read everyone's positive experience with OnPoint's zoom testing process since we would like to use it next month from our hotel in France.  Although we will have a 6-hour time zone difference in France from the Eastcoast US, it sounds like OnPoint has reps available throughout the day.  I debated making our appointment before we leave the US but now think I will wait until we get closer to the actual testing date.  Who knows (fingers crossed), HAL might change the policy again and remove the testing requirement from our cruise.  I doubt it, but I can always hope 🙂

Again, thanks to all for your responses.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2bout2c said:

Asking about OnPoint  I've need online 2hours trying to schedule an appointment. They charged my account but no calendar to schedule testing. Any help

That definitely doesn’t sound right.  In your email is a link for help:

help@onpoint.health