Princess Internet Pricing

OzKiwiJJ

There has been some confusion over the pricing of the internet packages on Princess, for people who choose not to book a Plus or Premier fare.

This is the current pricing as at 11am Monday 12th September 2022 as sourced from the Internet Cafe on Coral Princess. 

- Platinum and Elite (P/E) passengers get a 50% discount on all internet purchases and I have shown those prices below as well as the full prices.

- If you buy an internet package for your whole cruise after boarding the ship it is $20 per day, $10 per day for P/E. If you are on a ten day cruise you pay for ten days, ie $200 or $100, and that covers you until you ding off the ship during disembarkation. In other words you should not get charged an extra day for the disembarkation morning.

- If after embarking you wish to buy internet for a single day, defined as a 24 hour period, the current price is $27 per day, $13.50 for P/E.

- The price for internet packages purchased before embarking on your cruise can vary depending on whether there is a promo running at time of purchase or not. At the moment it is typically $14-$15 per day, $7-$7.50 for P/E.

- There has been a rumour circulating that if you have an internet package you can't use the computers in the Internet Cafe. This is false. You can indeed use those computers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Thanks for that information.  Is it possible to buy less than a one day package?  So, if I just wanted to check my emails, could I buy an hour or so at the internet cafe, and how much would that cost?

I don't believe they would cut the day rate further.

43 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Thanks for that information.  Is it possible to buy less than a one day package?  So, if I just wanted to check my emails, could I buy an hour or so at the internet cafe, and how much would that cost?

Guess depended on your phone you can check when we are in ports around Aus?

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There has been some confusion over the pricing of the internet packages on Princess, for people who choose not to book a Plus or Premier fare.

This is the current pricing as at 11am Monday 12th September 2022 as sourced from the Internet Cafe on Coral Princess. 

- Platinum and Elite (P/E) passengers get a 50% discount on all internet purchases and I have shown those prices below as well as the full prices.

- If you buy an internet package for your whole cruise after boarding the ship it is $20 per day, $10 per day for P/E. If you are on a ten day cruise you pay for ten days, ie $200 or $100, and that covers you until you ding off the ship during disembarkation. In other words you should not get charged an extra day for the disembarkation morning.

- If after embarking you wish to buy internet for a single day, defined as a 24 hour period, the current price is $27 per day, $13.50 for P/E.

- The price for internet packages purchased before embarking on your cruise can vary depending on whether there is a promo running at time of purchase or not. At the moment it is typically $14-$15 per day, $7-$7.50 for P/E.

- There has been a rumour circulating that if you have an internet package you can't use the computers in the Internet Cafe. This is false. You can indeed use those computers.

Have they put the prices up for P/Elite if you buy it for the whole cruise ?

i came off the Coral a month ago and only paid $7 per day 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Pricing seems to be a 'moveable feast'. On a Live Chat with a Princess rep, I was told it was $12.99 per day with 50% discount for P/Elite. The same day people on the ship were told $10 per day for P/Elite.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Did you buy it before you embarked or once you were onboard?

The prices I listed are current as of 11am today. The pre-boarding price is still around $7-$7.50 for Elites.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Pricing seems to be a 'moveable feast'. On a Live Chat with a Princess rep, I was told it was $12.99 per day with 50% discount for P/Elite. The same day people on the ship were told $10 per day for P/Elite.

I'm not sure some of the Live Chat people actually know the Australian pricing.

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't believe they would cut the day rate further.

More to the point is that they don't appear to offer hour or minute pricing any more. I think the smallest unit is now a 24 hour period i.e. a day.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Did you buy it before you embarked or once you were onboard?

The prices I listed are current as of 11am today. The pre-boarding price is still around $7-$7.50 for Elites.

No that was a pre purchase price

i just checked my pre pricing on my next cruise and still $6.70 per day

Edited by rkmw

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Then it hasn't gone up, although that price can vary a little. The onboard purchase price is higher.

I have a future cruise with US currency and if you pre purchase the internet the price is AUD but if you wait until you board they’ll charge you US prices

6 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I have a future cruise with US currency and if you pre purchase the internet the price is AUD but if you wait until you board they’ll charge you US prices

The US price is from $9.99 so $5 for P/E -  which would be pre-purchase prices and onboard prices would be higher - but not so different at current exchange rates. However you are at the mercy of the exchange rate if buying onboard.

2 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Definitely $6.75 per day for our two cruise with Elite discount if purchased pre cruise.

As I said in my OP, the pre-purchase prices can vary a little due to the type of promo in place. That's the best so far. Lucky you! 😊

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As I said in my OP, the pre-purchase prices can vary a little due to the type of promo in place. That's the best so far. Lucky you! 😊

Thanks but as they are both Australian cruises, I am thinking I might not take up the offer. I will save my money for your wine recommendation. 😁 Cheryle

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The US price is from $9.99 so $5 for P/E -  which would be pre-purchase prices and onboard prices would be higher - but not so different at current exchange rates. However you are at the mercy of the exchange rate if buying onboard.

It’s $28.80 for 4 days for a US currency cruise so still closer to $7 per day if I pre purchase now 

11 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks but as they are both Australian cruises, I am thinking I might not take up the offer. I will save my money for your wine recommendation. 😁 Cheryle

We've had a couple of bottles of the Grüner Veltliner on this cruise. There isn't sufficient variety in the white wines by the glass to suit our palates so we've had to resort to buying bottles to go with some foods.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've had a couple of bottles of the Grüner Veltliner on this cruise. There isn't sufficient variety in the white wines by the glass to suit our palates so we've had to resort to buying bottles to go with some foods.

We can’t wait to try it on Majestic shortly.