Feedback on cabins L301 and L302 on Royal-class ships?

elycelynne

I'm looking for first-hand experience.  I've been eyeing a cruise for this January on the Discovery.  I noticed that L301 and L302, which have angled balconies, were both available when everything else in that mid-forward section was sold.  Have any of you stayed in either one of those cabins on any Royal-class ships?  Was it extra noisy since the location is right near the open deck?  Were you disturbed by foot traffic from the nearby elevators?  I do like the idea of the close proximity to the Lido Buffet.

Thanks in advance! 😃

24 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

I'm looking for first-hand experience.  I've been eyeing a cruise for this January on the Discovery.  I noticed that L301 and L302, which have angled balconies, were both available when everything else in that mid-forward section was sold.  Have any of you stayed in either one of those cabins on any Royal-class ships?  Was it extra noisy since the location is right near the open deck?  Were you disturbed by foot traffic from the nearby elevators?  I do like the idea of the close proximity to the Lido Buffet.

Thanks in advance! 😃

In case it wasn't clear from my original post, I'm looking for feedback from people with first-hand experience -- Those who have either actually stayed in one of these cabins, or know someone who has stayed in one and has reported his/her experience back to them.  

We have stayed in both 301 and 302, it is a great location, and never had any trouble with noise, from the elevators or lido deck.  The angle balcony is large, it is covered so not much sun, but great on a hot day.  Like that you can see the captain and crew sailing the ship, if you are lucky they will probably give you and wave or two.

• Thanks 1

I haven't stayed in those cabins but was also curious about that uniquely-shaped balcony and location when I was researching an upcoming cruise.  I did a search for those cabin numbers and found several first-hand reports.  Maybe you've done that already -- but if not I'd recommend it.  You may have to expand your search to all Royal class ships. I found some here on CC and some on other sources, both video and written form 🙂

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

After seeing all the comments, I took a chance on L302 on the Sky Princess May 2023. This cabin is very noisy and would not recommend despite the location and extended balcony. I didn’t see personally but think it was the large towel / blanket carts coming through the door at 12:30 am & 6:30 am causing most of the noise. Anything rolling over the metal threshold can be heard. 

Also, if you’re on a cold weather cruise, the glass doors provide extra wind blockage but bang with the wind gusts. 

Earplugs worked a bit but the cabin was shaking from some of the noise. Happy cruising! Back to Aloha deck for me…

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

I totally agree with cabin L302 being very noisy from carts going over the threshold.

it even shakes the cabin at times.

the size of balcony is great as is the location.

you also hear the music from pool area.

i won’t book this room again.