Testing required on B2B (2 diffent ships ? )

Sooooooo , I am sailing back 2 back Symphony then Explorer beginning Sept.24?2022.  (7 day then 8 )Both under 9 night , both avoiding Bermuda/Canada.

I just called regarding the protocol as far as switching ships and have been told that I will have to test before boarding second ship. This is contrary to everything that I have heard on these boards and elsewhere . Does anyone have any insight as to whether this is correct or whether this is a classic case of guest relations having no clue as to updated protocols.

Strange that she also told me this was updated information as of Sept.7/2022

Cheers 

Colin

We have the same situation in November. We had scheduled the test on the 1st cruise but this was before the new protocols. We will be checking back in a couple of weeks to see if the tests don’t have to be done. We have friends going on back to back starting Saturday but it is on the same ship.

I spoke to Celebrity ref a back to back on Odyssey then Beyond in December.  They told me I would receive instructions on the Odyssey if I need a test before boarding the Beyond.  That is in line with the B2B information Celebrity put out on their website for north american sailings.  

Here is the link to the celebrity site that gives the information for B2B sailings and testing requirements.  

Travel Requirements for US Cruises | Celebrity Cruises

The Royal site doesn't give specific B2B information, but I imagine it will be the same - you will be told on Symphony if you need to test for the 2nd leg.  And if you do, Royal will provide it for you.

Edited by Stealthdog

3 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Does anyone have any insight as to whether this is correct or whether this is a classic case of guest relations having no clue as to updated protocols.

This.

Also, this isn't "back to back" but rather "side to side".  They are completely separate ships and completely separate sailings.  

If the protocols changed and you did need a test, Royal would provide one the day before debarkation from the first sailing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Also, this isn't "back to back" but rather "side to side".  They are completely separate ships and completely separate sailings.

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

If the protocols changed and you did need a test, Royal would provide one the day before debarkation from the first sailing.

I would agree , not a b2b , however everytime I reference it with them they tell me it is a form of b2b and therefore treated as such .

So  by saying " ( IF ) the protocols changed " are you implying that you believe (as I did) that current protocols should  not require the test ?

2 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

I would agree , not a b2b , however everytime I reference it with them they tell me it is a form of b2b and therefore treated as such .

So  by saying " ( IF ) the protocols changed " are you implying that you believe (as I did) that current protocols should  not require the test ?

The technical term is actually "consecutive cruiser"... but everyone just says B2B because it makes more sense.

And I agree -- under the current protocols, no testing is required -- you're not over nine nights, you're not going to Canada, you're not going to Bermuda, and you're all vaccinated. You don't check any of the boxes that require testing. 

4 minutes ago, broberts said:

Surely it doesn't really matter. Would Royal Caribbean not make the arrangements if it requires a test?

Not really, we are boarding Ovation in Seattle to Vancouver testing is need to board in Seattle. We then board Quantum in Vancouver and a additional test is required. Royal is of no help at all in getting tested for the second cruise. 

We did something very similar in July. We had two consecutive Royal cruises from Florida (got off one and got on another at a different port) same day. 

This was prior to the most recent testing rule changes but FYI they provided a complimentary test the day before the first cruise ended (as mentioned  in one of the posts above). 

I would ask Guest Services on the first ship if you should get one or not. Hard to understand why it would be necessary unless Royal is considering it a 15 day voyage. 

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

Not really, we are boarding Ovation in Seattle to Vancouver testing is need to board in Seattle. We then board Quantum in Vancouver and a additional test is required. Royal is of no help at all in getting tested for the second cruise. 

Different situations. In your case testing was a government requirement. In the OP case it would be a Royal Caribbean requirement.