Breakfast at Guy’s? Which ships have it? Which ships will be getting it?

BamaMomRollTide

17 minutes ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

Three years ago (right before Covid hit), Carnival announced a breakfast menu for Guy’s Burgers.  I think the Sunrise was the first to get it.  Any other ships?  Soon? Future?

4B8948CD-35E8-4E1C-A4D3-4C5AF87BD2DC.jpeg

With everything else being cut to the bone, including hours at existing food venues, I don't see this actually being rolled out, at least anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I had it on the Sunrise. From what I have heard, the Mardi Gras may have had it, but doesn't anymore. That all American was so good....

Was it the "liberal" slathering of maple donkey sauce on the All American that sent you over the moon for it?  🙂 

56 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Ummmm, every time Carnival wanted to cut something so they stopped publicizing it or made it so cheaply or the wait for it so long that nobody wanted it.

Just more piling cost cutting into the nobody wanted that service or cutting a service that covid problems made them cut, yet surprisingly, most of them will never be brought back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

My understanding is that Guy's breakfast wasn't that popular so they discontinued it.

You know what would be popular?  Guy’s for dinner.  Every Carnival cruise, my husband wonders why the venue closes at 6 pm.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

Just more piling cost cutting into the nobody wanted that service or cutting a service that covid problems made them cut, yet surprisingly, most of them will never be brought back.

To be fair, when I was on the Sunrise, there was rarely anyone getting a breakfast burger. At least the times I was in a position to notice. There was never a line. Perhaps a case could be made that people didn't know about it. Who knows?

I'm not sure what the implied "cost-savings" is here. Breakfast is a different beast than some of the late night snacks or room service. Do you honestly believe cutting that meat patty before noon is some kind of huge savings? Shifting them to a burrito, omelet, or MDR will save how much? Sure costs may have been involved at some level. Every decision involves costs. Let's say you're using 10% of your dining staff where 1% of the customers are going, it may make sense to rethink where you redeploy your resources.

It seems like these discussions can't ever go past "CUTBACKS FOR YACHT PROFITS!"

I know people on this board love those greasy hockey pucks slathered in fancy mayonnaise and ersatz catsup from Sunglasses Neck, but I for one am glad we don't have to suffered through breakfast there.

Alternative to buffet?  Shaq's Big Chicken for breakfast.  😋

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I know people on this board love those greasy hockey pucks slathered in fancy mayonnaise and ersatz catsup from Sunglasses Neck, but I for one am glad we don't have to suffered through breakfast there.

Alternative to buffet?  Shaq's Big Chicken for breakfast.  😋

No way.  The sandwiches are amazing but that hard and dry thing they called a biscuit is nothing like any other biscuit they are imitating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

No way.  The sandwiches are amazing but that hard and dry thing they called a biscuit is nothing like any other biscuit they are imitating.

that's why I eat there early as the fresh ones are coming out.  And yes not the best biscuit ever but when fresh aren't hardtack.