Unlimited Dining Plan Lunch

John Reid

9 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Hi kids,

When one purchases an unlimited dining plan, does boarding day count as a sea day with lunch available in a specialty restaurant?

Thanks.

If the restaurant is open you can use your UDP whether or not it is a sea day or port day.  On boarding day either Chops or Giovanni's will be open

Use the app and look at the current sailing to see what restaurants were open boarding day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Not all specialty restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day.  I think Chops and Giovanni's are open for pay restaurants.  Plenty of free venues around too.  Look into the Solarium Bistro or WipeOut Cafe on Oasis Class ships.

Edited by crewsweeper

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Not all specialty restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day.  I think Chops and Giovanni's are open for pay restaurants.  Plenty of free venues around too.  Look into the Solarium Bistro or WipeOut Cafe on Oasis Class ships.

Yes, but the poster wanted to know if they can eat lunch in a specialty restaurant on  boarding day....which is yes, they can, and any time a place is open they can eat because it us unlimited dining package.  Those that get it generally are not really interested in a buffet or a Hot Dog when they can get a steak at Chops plus depending on the ship, there could be several places open. 

• Like 1

For lunch on other days, they will tell you "No, you don't need a reservation".  We have found that's not true if you want to eat lunch as a reasonable time like, say noon.  The very first time we got the UDP, we bought the line that you didn't need a reservation and found we could not get into the restaurant we wanted to on a sea day just before noon.  They told us to come back at 1:30 because they were all booked up.

Since then, we always insist on getting lunch reservations when we know they are available (sea days).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Do you need reservations for lunch with the UDP?

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

Good question.  I am wondering about that myself.

Pre Covid I saw people on more than one occasion get turned away for lunch without reservations- this was on Oasis class ships