Sabor on Harmony

jp2746

35 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I've been to El Loco Fresh on the Symphony and I really liked the food a lot,  Afterall, it is Mexican, right! But, it is still buffet style and no bar.  All food venues are included in my fare so I'm not to concerned about it if it is included or not.  I like the full service and the atmosphere of Sabor a lot more than Playmakers.  Full disclosure, I'm not a big professional sports fan anymore, especially the NFL and I've never been a NBA, MLB, et al, fan, therefore, the sports atmosphere is not a draw for me.  I'm a big fan of Sabor, Izumi Hibachi (no I don't do bait/sushi) and the English style Pub with live entertainment. 

FWIW, I couldn't care less about the sports being shown in Playmakers. I just really enjoyed their burger and garlic parm fries. Also a big fan of a couple of their signature cocktails... "The Pitch" and their jalapeno pineapple margarita.

No right or wrong answers here, of course, everyone has their preferences. Volume of food and free is a draw to me, lol, so I know I'll like El Loco Fresh.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, I couldn't care less about the sports being shown in Playmakers. I just really enjoyed their burger and garlic parm fries. Also a big fan of a couple of their signature cocktails... "The Pitch" and their jalapeno pineapple margarita.

No right or wrong answers here, of course, everyone has their preferences. Volume of food and free is a draw to me, lol, so I know I'll like El Loco Fresh.

Thank you for correctly calling it "Couldn't care less".   Annoying when the clueless call it "could care less"....  😉 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thank you for correctly calling it "Couldn't care less".   Annoying when the clueless call it "could care less"....  😉 

But, it is possible to "could care less" but not explain how.  😀

On 9/16/2022 at 8:18 AM, island lady said:

I had read great reviews about Sabor, so was excited about finally trying it ourselves as my birthday lunch.   

The service was soooo bad it was almost laughable...almost.  🧐 Food was OK for half of us, mine was terrible.   Then the waiter got our check messed up, gave us someone else's sea pass card, giving them ours, which he had to catch as they left.  

It was late May, so it was very hot out there, and extremely noisy.  

I will agree that the service is slooooooooow at Sabor, at least the couple of times I was there and only for the server to come to the table the first time but after that the food and drink came in an acceptable time frame.  But, the food and drink was good to great!  It's just a good thing that when I have gone to Sabor I wasn't in a hurry for anything.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I will agree that the service is slooooooooow at Sabor, at least the couple of times I was there and only for the server to come to the table the first time but after that the food and drink came in an acceptable time frame.  But, the food and drink was good to great!  It's just a good thing that when I have gone to Sabor I wasn't in a hurry for anything.  

Not complaining but I'm beginning to think our great service in May was a fluke, lol. We didn't have to wait for our server to arrive and he was constantly around b/c we kept ordering refills of the apps b/c we enjoyed them so much.

• Like 1

Just seems strange no a la carte option at Sabor when El Loco Fresh is free on other ships. It  seemed pretty dead everytime we walked by on our 2O nights on Allure this year. A few bucks from those of us willing to pay for some chips and appetizers would be better than nothing. Wish they kept the a la carte option. Luckily, we found Vintages on Allure that allows you to pay for tapas.

34 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not complaining but I'm beginning to think our great service in May was a fluke, lol. We didn't have to wait for our server to arrive and he was constantly around b/c we kept ordering refills of the apps b/c we enjoyed them so much.

Not a fluke.  

One thing I notice and would like to say every time I read a comment about Service on this ship/venue or that venue was good or bad compared to any other ship/venue.  This is not to say that you have, I'm just saying this generally.  We must keep in mind that, for the most part, a ship or venue really doesn't have much to do with the level of service or quality of service.  All levels of crew are changing constantly.  Crew contracts end and begin differently/at different times and for different periods/lengths of time. So, all things being considered, no ship is static, everything about the crew changes.  One cruise may have the best buffet in the world on one cruise because of a very good chef and the next cruise on that same ship, the buffet may be terrible because the first chef left the ship, his/her contract was up and a new, not so good chef took over.  Same ship, same venue, completely different results.  

Just a thought!  

17 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Just a thought!  

Definitely some valid points in there.

My post wasn’t overly serious & was partially inspired by the fact that “Island Lady” had poor service while we on the same exact cruise together.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Sports on tv is not a big deal to me either. The option to pay for the good food I hear about at Playmakers would be a thing. Pitchers of beer at Playmakers, count me in!  Gut Sabor on Allure with no a la carte options and switch it to Playmakers like the original plan was for the amp on Allure. Keep everything else the same. No slides, no robot bar and mostly not moving the Diamond lounge.

1 minute ago, coaster said:

mostly not moving the Diamond lounge.

Not a fan of the basement either?

It’s not a giant deal to me now that vouchers have replaced the open bar happy hour, though we do still pop in nightly, but I did enjoy being back in the Viking Crown DL on Indy & look forward to it again next month.

• Like 1

Seems like a huge downgrade to move Diamond lounge into the 'basement'. We also go on older ships where you can still see outside from the lounge, so it is not a big thing I guess. Might never go on Allure again if she never comes back to Florida. Just like the setup as it is on Allure besides Sabor and the policy to not to allow an a la carte option there. 

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not a fan of the basement either?

It’s not a giant deal to me now that vouchers have replaced the open bar happy hour, though we do still pop in nightly, but I did enjoy being back in the Viking Crown DL on Indy & look forward to it again next month.

We just spent two weeks on Quantum of the Seas and we set foot in the Diamond lounge once.  We were returning from being ashore and had to use the forward gangway.  I told the wife that since we were close by, why not take a look.  We walked to where I thought it was, did not see it, went somewhere else looking and came back and finally found the entrance tucked away near the theater entrance.  It was nicely appointed but there was no view to speak of and I did not see anything at all to compel us to return when it was open.  The Suite Lounge was much nicer.  

5 minutes ago, coaster said:

Sabor and the policy to not to allow an a la carte option there. 

Before I possibly stick my foot in my mouth, I think I know what you mean but I'd like to be sure, what do you mean here? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Before I possibly stick my foot in my mouth, I think I know what you mean but I'd like to be sure, what do you mean here? 

No option to buy chips or guac. Just an option to pay over $25 per person to eat there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

No option to buy chips or guac. Just an option to pay over $25 per person to eat there.

Oh, Okay.  I didn't know that when I asked you.  I know when I was on the Allure long before the COVID thingy, Sabor was Ala Carte.  

Yep, I almost stuck my foot in my mouth, glad I asked. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Oh, Okay.  I didn't know that when I asked you.  I know when I was on the Allure long before the COVID thingy, Sabor was Ala Carte.  

Yep, I almost stuck my foot in my mouth, glad I asked. 

Wished we sailed back then. Crazy they turn down the revenue now for those of us who just want a snack and a nice alcoholic drink. A nice outdoor area on the ship, but I guess the bean counters in Miami think this area should not have a la carte option anymore. I tend to disagree...

• Like 1

Wish many of us here were on some kind of panel where Royal corporate could learn from our experiences and opinions. They could save money in the long run. Maybe no need for the cost to transition Sabor to Playmakers. Offer pitchers of beer and allow a la carte purchases which they have strayed from. Offer some burgers and fries also. Call it Sabor and More with an easy signage change. Theming is really good at Sabor,  just a need to increase the menu options and more flexible payment options on what you order.

Edited by coaster

12 minutes ago, coaster said:

Wish many of us here were on some kind of panel where Royal corporate could learn from our experiences and opinions. They could save money in the long run. Maybe no need for the cost to transition Sabor to Playmakers. Offer pitchers of beer and allow a la carte purchases which they have strayed from. Offer some burgers and fries also. Call it Sabor and More with an easy signage change. Theming is really good at Sabor,  just a need to increase the menu options and more flexible payment options on what you order.

Some folks will disagree, and have with my thoughts on this.  But, I have no doubt that the cruise industry monitors these large social media sites to see what their customers, former customers and potential customers are saying.  I don't think our comments are ignored.  They may not act on them or at least not quickly, but they do read them, I'm sure.  This is MY opinion.

BTW, I think I already mentioned it, but I really like Sabor and I hope it stays.  Yes, it could probably be updated a bit and they need to go back to Ala Carte menu.  I'm not saying this for me, but for those that actually have to pay for the upcharge venues.  

26 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Some folks will disagree, and have with my thoughts on this.  But, I have no doubt that the cruise industry monitors these large social media sites to see what their customers, former customers and potential customers are saying.  I don't think our comments are ignored.  They may not act on them or at least not quickly, but they do read them, I'm sure.  This is MY opinion.

BTW, I think I already mentioned it, but I really like Sabor and I hope it stays.  Yes, it could probably be updated a bit and they need to go back to Ala Carte menu.  I'm not saying this for me, but for those that actually have to pay for the upcharge venues.  

I think just bringing back a la carte would be a good thing. Has to be a reason why it was discontinued. The reason why I threw out additional food options regarding Sabor food to maybe get corporate to back it for it to return.

I think some low level people monitor social media. Just skeptical if it gets to the higher ups. I would hope it does, but they seem to be more focused on comments when you depart. I don't do those anymore as the MDR staff just begs for 10's. Why I have stopped giving any reply to the surveys after sailing.

Edited by coaster

4 minutes ago, coaster said:

I think just bringing back a la carte would be a good thing. Has to be a reason wise it was discontinued. Why I threw out additional food options regarding food to maybe get corporate to back it for it to return.

I think some low level people monitor social media. Just skeptical if it gets to the higher ups. I would hope it does, but they seem to be more focused on comments when you depart. I don't do those anymore as the MDR staff just begs for 10's. Why I have stopped giving any reply to the surveys after sailing.

Ya, I've never put a lot of credence into the "after cruise" surveys.  Might as well us it as TP, that's if you print it, of course 😄, don't use your monitor screen 😦.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Definitely some valid points in there.

My post wasn’t overly serious & was partially inspired by the fact that “Island Lady” had poor service while we on the same exact cruise together.

You just have the magic touch...and the food fairy is looking after you.  😄 😄