Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

My sincerest apologies.  If I had known On-Point was so janky that they would just close up shop without telling anyone, I would never have recommended them.  Previously, they worked out great.

I thought since they also had physical testing offices they did more than just testing monitoring.  Apparently now.

Again, apologies.

Ha! No way do you owe an apology.  Super sorry if it sounded like I was lamenting your advice, I was simply trying to point out that they seemed to be experiencing "issues" as early as late August.

Earlier this summer we had also gone back and forth about how to get to the East Coast when the airlines were literally cancelling flights same day.  When Delta changed my flight for the 3rd time I said screw it, rented a car and drove to NY.

Those of us in land locked states gotta stick together when it comes to travel info!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise I will be following along as a New England trip is in my future 2023.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thank you!  Were you staying in the Haven and used those concierges?  Or, did you use other concierges.  I’ve never been able to find them if I wasn’t staying in the Haven.

We were in the Haven.  I've never been able to find the Latitude Concierge either.

• Like 1

Time for Cruise laundry.

Spying the weather, temps look pleasant, still.  Some, clouds and maybe a shower.  But, mostly it’s going to be quite pleasant.  That’s the good news.

So, I’ll have to straddle two different climates…rain and sun.

Here’s the laundry list (literally)…

-2 pr shorts

-2 short sleeve shirts

-2 hoodies

-2 pr long pants

-6 boxers

-hiking boots

-3 pr socks

Will wear to embarkation in NYC…(Sunday will be sunny and 60º)

-Tennis shoes

-hoodie

-shorts

-pr of shorty socks

-belt

Toiletries

-meds (danged Dr prescribed a bunch a couple of weeks ago…he says it’s “imperative” I take them DAILY….harrummmph!)

-razor-this is optional.  Right now, I’m “bearded”.  What started out as something that made me look….ummmmm…like a “sage” (laugh now and get it over with), has tuned into something that makes me look homeless….regardless of how I trim it.  May or may not sport the beard upon embarkation, thus needing a razor.

-toothbrush/toothpaste

-mouthwash

-brush

-hydration packets along with aspirin….just in case I tilt some (ok, a lot) of beverages

-I’ve yet to have decent coffee on an NCL ship, regardless of where I went to get it (Celebrity coffee?  Really good, by comparison).  As such, I bring Starbucks instant packets.  Not as good as Starbucks fresh brew, but way better than what’s on board

Tech

-USB-C, USB-A, lightning cables, plug(s) and Apple Watch charger

-iPad

-iPhone

-Noise cancelling ear buds

So, this should all fit in my overhead roll aboard and back pack.

Just remembered, I have two “free bags” of laundry as a perk.  One, via being in a Club Balcony Cabin, the other for being Sapphire Latitudes.  That will probably mitigate packing some of the above.

Bouncing in my seat a little in anticipation!!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Time for Cruise laundry.

Spying the weather, temps look pleasant, still.  Some, clouds and maybe a shower.  But, mostly it’s going to be quite pleasant.  That’s the good news.

So, I’ll have to straddle two different climates…rain and sun.

Here’s the laundry list (literally)…

-2 pr shorts

-2 short sleeve shirts

-2 hoodies

-2 pr long pants

-6 boxers

-hiking boots

-3 pr socks

Will wear to embarkation in NYC…(Sunday will be sunny and 60º)

-Tennis shoes

-hoodie

-shorts

-pr of shorty socks

-belt

Toiletries

-meds (danged Dr prescribed a bunch a couple of weeks ago…he says it’s “imperative” I take them DAILY….harrummmph!)

-razor-this is optional.  Right now, I’m “bearded”.  What started out as something that made me look….ummmmm…like a “sage” (laugh now and get it over with), has tuned into something that makes me look homeless….regardless of how I trim it.  May or may not sport the beard upon embarkation, thus needing a razor.

-toothbrush/toothpaste

-mouthwash

-brush

-hydration packets along with aspirin….just in case I tilt some (ok, a lot) of beverages

-I’ve yet to have decent coffee on an NCL ship, regardless of where I went to get it (Celebrity coffee?  Really good, by comparison).  As such, I bring Starbucks instant packets.  Not as good as Starbucks fresh brew, but way better than what’s on board

Tech

-USB-C, USB-A, lightning cables, plug(s) and Apple Watch charger

-iPad

-iPhone

-Noise cancelling ear buds

So, this should all fit in my overhead roll aboard and back pack.

Just remembered, I have two “free bags” of laundry as a perk.  One, via being in a Club Balcony Cabin, the other for being Sapphire Latitudes.  That will probably mitigate packing some of the above.

Bouncing in my seat a little in anticipation!!!!!!!!

No Halloween costume? Or will you frighten us in other ways?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

No Halloween costume? Or will you frighten us in other ways?

Oh...I can be a fright...no doubt!  LOL!

Thought about a costume.  But, trying to do all carry on.  The less "baggage" the better.  Who knows, I might be able to "Scare Up" something I find after I board.

BTW...I'm bringing "bribes" to the Flight Crew and NCL Customer Service folks for upgrades......

IMG_0078.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 3

Well....just filed a claim against On Point testing about 10 minutes ago.  That didn't take long....

We're writing to let you know that, after reviewing your inquiry, we credited your account for $13.99. You can expect to see the credit(s) on an upcoming statement. Any interest charges and any American Express fees associated with the charge(s) have also been adjusted.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Right now, I’m “bearded”.  What started out as something that made me look….ummmmm…like a “sage” (laugh now and get it over with), has tuned into something that makes me look homeless….regardless of how I trim it.  May or may not sport the beard upon embarkation, thus needing a razor.

In case you’re looking for an opinion, I prefer clean-shaven men.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Well....just filed a claim against On Point testing about 10 minutes ago.  That didn't take long....

We're writing to let you know that, after reviewing your inquiry, we credited your account for $13.99. You can expect to see the credit(s) on an upcoming statement. Any interest charges and any American Express fees associated with the charge(s) have also been adjusted.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care

So did you just dispute through Amex? What documentation did you have to show? We paid $38 for two tests that we cancelled and haven’t been able to reschedule them as they said they were changing providers snd they would contact us.  Is thus a similar situation as yours?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

So did you just dispute through Amex? What documentation did you have to show? We paid $38 for two tests that we cancelled and haven’t been able to reschedule them as they said they were changing providers snd they would contact us.  Is thus a similar situation as yours?

On your AMEX Log In Web site, you can view your transactions (at least on mine you can).  There's a button you can click on to dispute specific charges.  They ask a few questions like the kind of product/service you're disputing, expected delivery date (I just used the date I was supposed to log in to On Point's testing site), and if you did or could communicate with the merchant (On Point has been incommunicado).

I even provided the WEB site for On Point, which doesn't work.

Not sure why the credit happened so quick, without much apparent research, but the charges were reversed within minutes.

I think you can also call AMEX at the Customer Service number on the back of the card (which I've also done in the past).

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I use Super Shuttle whenever and wherever available to get me from the airport to the port and back again.

They're reasonable, punctual, and amenable to changes up until 24 hours before you're supposed to meet them for a ride.

As such, just remembered the New York Marathon was happening when the cruise returns on Nov 6.  I had originally booked Super Shuttle to pick me up at the Cruise Terminal at 11:00 a.m. for a 230 p.m. flight.  Might have worked.  But, just changed that to a 9:30 a.m. pick up, instead.  I'm sure they know routes around the marathon, but...well....it's New York City, so rather give myself plenty of wiggle room.

That just means I'll be self disembarking with my luggage in tow somewhere around 8:30 a.m.

• Like 1

Hopefully the marathon isn't by the cruise terminal.  We came in last Sunday and there was a bike race coming down the Westside HWY.  What a mess!  They closed off traffic onto the Westside Hwy at the George Washington Bridge.  We crossed the road and our driver met us across the street.

I felt really badly for the arriving passengers as the entire entrance to the terminal was blocked off.

This was pretty early morning, so hopefully they opened it up after the race started.  There were a lot of people pulling their luggage across the street to board the ship.  Not a fun way to start a cruise!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, goldmom said:

We were in the Haven.  I've never been able to find the Latitude Concierge either.

Hi, I found this number in the FAQ's and have used it with great results

lat con #.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I use Super Shuttle whenever and wherever available to get me from the airport to the port and back again.

They're reasonable, punctual, and amenable to changes up until 24 hours before you're supposed to meet them for a ride.

As such, just remembered the New York Marathon was happening when the cruise returns on Nov 6.  I had originally booked Super Shuttle to pick me up at the Cruise Terminal at 11:00 a.m. for a 230 p.m. flight.  Might have worked.  But, just changed that to a 9:30 a.m. pick up, instead.  I'm sure they know routes around the marathon, but...well....it's New York City, so rather give myself plenty of wiggle room.

That just means I'll be self disembarking with my luggage in tow somewhere around 8:30 a.m.

NY Marathon Map, flying out of EWR shouldn't be a problem the other two will be a different story.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 161448.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Travelicious said:

I really need to more closely emulate your packing list.  I always plan to pack less, but never seem to achieve the goal.  I hope I finally learned the lesson after most recent trip.

You are a party of one.  No one wants to emulate anything I do….EVER! 😉

Side topic…hoping since we’re in Rhode Island (on the way to Maine) on Monday, I’ll be able to pick up my beloved Bengals game either on one of the bar TVs, or perhaps on my iPad connected to WiFi.

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

You are a party of one.  No one wants to emulate anything I do….EVER! 😉

Side topic…hoping since we’re in Rhode Island (on the way to Maine) on Monday, I’ll be able to pick up my beloved Bengals game either on one of the bar TVs, or perhaps on my iPad connected to WiFi.

I better be able to find my Bills game onboard Sunday night!

• Like 1

National Weather Service is saying 61°F and Partly Sunny for our sailaway. 

There's a chance of showers for Newport (50%) and Portland (30%), but all in all it looks pretty good. Highs in the low 60s mostly, which will make for great walking-around weather.

We plan to layer and plan for a shower here or there. 

Really looking forward to it!

• Like 2