Does the Anthem go under the verrazzano narrows bridge?

ace2542

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I don't see how it could fit given that it is a couple of decks higher than the QM2 which barely fits underneath it. Yet I don't see how it can get out of Bayonne without going under the bridge?

Even the Oasis Of The Seas can pass under the Verrazzano bridge ....with a little bit of technology

• Like 2

This is not their first rodeo.  Been going under that bridge for years.  You really think they schedule Anthem or Oasis to go out of Cape Liberty and can’t make it under the bridge???  Maybe they jump over the bridge or drive around it … lol.

Edited by psumother
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, psumother said:

This is not their first rodeo.  Been going under that bridge for years.  You really think they schedule Anthem or Oasis to go out of Cape Liberty and can’t make it under the bridge???  Maybe they jump over the bridge or drive around it … lol.

I was sure they did. Having been on on QM2 a few times it seems like they only just get underneath with the funnel and that ship is smaller by some way than Anthem or Oasis. Seeing Anthem go under the bridge will be a fun experience.

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I don't see how it could fit given that it is a couple of decks higher than the QM2 which barely fits underneath it. Yet I don't see how it can get out of Bayonne without going under the bridge?

No, it actually does a fly over. You must have heard about the Anthem's wings that were attached in the most recent dry dock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

No, it actually does a fly over. You must have heard about the Anthem's wings that were attached in the most recent dry dock.

Wrong!  Anthem pulls up to the south side of the bridge.  People are bused from Cape Liberty to the bridge.  They drop a ladder to the deck and passengers climb down.

• Haha 2