What is Your Opinion of the Classic Beverage Package Vs Premium

mcrcruiser

16 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Yes.  I should have looked this one up.  Here is the comparison chart:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

I'm not a fan of that chart. It deviously implies that you can't get anything from the right hand column if you only have the classic package, which except for the waters/smoothies isn't true. Some of the beers in the premium column, for example, are only $10, making the classic package MORE cost effective. For instance, if all I ever drink is $10 Stella Artois, I'd need to drink at least 15 of them each day to make up for the increased cost of the Premium package.

• Like 2

Here's an additional question I am not clear on and it seems to vary from site to site when I look it up in a Google search...

Are gratuities included in either the Classic or Premium drinks package?

Some sites say it is.  

However, on the Celebrity page their FAQ reads as follows:

"Are gratuities included in the Celebrity Cruises Drink Package cost? No, a 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices at checkout."

So, I have this drink package (classic) included with my Aqua category.  I can have all the sodas, basic water and lower-tier alcoholic drinks at no additional cost as much as I want.  However, there will be a service charge waiting for me at the end of my cruise for enjoying these drinks?

And, BTW, the Aqua class also claims "All tips included" though I am now beginning to think that's just for service.  

Can I just get clarification on this please?  Thanks so much!

8 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

So, I have this drink package (classic) included with my Aqua category.  I can have all the sodas, basic water and lower-tier alcoholic drinks at no additional cost as much as I want.  However, there will be a service charge waiting for me at the end of my cruise for enjoying these drinks?

No. The gratuities for any fully covered drinks are included in the package. 

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No. The gratuities for any fully covered drinks are included in the package. 

Thanks for the clarification, Rich.  One can easily be fooled by the wording of some of the FAQs.

BTW, my thanks for your diligence in answering questions on this forum.  You have been very helpful to me through the many posts I have made here.  Much appreciated.

8 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Thanks for the clarification, Rich.  One can easily be fooled by the wording of some of the FAQs.

BTW, my thanks for your diligence in answering questions on this forum.  You have been very helpful to me through the many posts I have made here.  Much appreciated.

You're very welcome. And thanks for the kind words.

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

I'm not a fan of that chart. It deviously implies that you can't get anything from the right hand column if you only have the classic package, which except for the waters/smoothies isn't true. Some of the beers in the premium column, for example, are only $10, making the classic package MORE cost effective. For instance, if all I ever drink is $10 Stella Artois, I'd need to drink at least 15 of them each day to make up for the increased cost of the Premium package.

If all you drink is $10 or less beers, no brainer…you are probably in the minority if you do that though…sail on. 

38 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

If all you drink is $10 or less beers, no brainer…you are probably in the minority if you do that though…sail on. 

I don't. It was a just an exercise to make the math easy to understand. But I think you already knew that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don't. It was a just an exercise to make the math easy to understand. But I think you already knew that.

I'm still working on the exercise of downing the 15 Stella's.  Are you sure you'd be able to do the math after that???  🤪

• Haha 1

When we booked All In was it.  Although we are elite plus and get enough WiFi and drinks from Captains club, we had to buy the cruise with the classic beverage plan and unlimited WiFi.  Beverage plan was lame since many liquor choices were unavailable.  At least we got water and some soda. No ginger ale, Sprite Zero, or club soda.  Wine was iffy.  The All In WiFi seldom worked and if it did , it was very slow.  We used our CC WiFi time and got connected faster.  Future cruises, I would book cruise only if available.  We had a good time in spite of the supply shortages.  We went on another cruise, not Celebrity, and there were also supply shortages.  It’s happening everywhere. Accept it and enjoy!

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

When we booked All In was it.  Although we are elite plus and get enough WiFi and drinks from Captains club, we had to buy the cruise with the classic beverage plan and unlimited WiFi.  Beverage plan was lame since many liquor choices were unavailable.  At least we got water and some soda. No ginger ale, Sprite Zero, or club soda.  Wine was iffy.  The All In WiFi seldom worked and if it did , it was very slow.  We used our CC WiFi time and got connected faster.  Future cruises, I would book cruise only if available.  We had a good time in spite of the supply shortages.  We went on another cruise, not Celebrity, and there were also supply shortages.  It’s happening everywhere. Accept it and enjoy!

I've always been able to purchase cruise only.  With the beverage shortages especially a decent wine selection it was not worth the extra money for me. I get enough wifi on board and the wifi in ports is sufficient. 

18 hours ago, RichYak said:

I have a math degree and minored in drinking, so this is right in my wheelhouse 😂

Well, with a double major in English and cocktailology, I'd love to smack the content writers of most cruise line websites!  Such fluff and jibberish, as attested by the daily (but necessary) questions posted here. 😯🍷 Drink package sticky perhaps?? 🤔

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, julia said:

Well, with a double major in English and cocktailology, I'd love to smack the content writers of most cruise line websites!  Such fluff and jibberish, as attested by the daily (but necessary) questions posted here. 😯🍷 Drink package sticky perhaps?? 🤔

You are too kind...I've seen (and still am seeing) outright misrepresentation on many excursions. (Some call it lying...)

One absolutely *must* do research outside of their blurbs...believe marketing at your own peril!

I'm trying to do the math on the upgrade. Does anyone have pics of the actual bar price lists? Prices for vitamin waters, red bull,  bottled ice teas, other sodas not on the classic list, and the premium beers is what I'm looking for, please. 

(I tried to search for current price list, or pics of bar menus. Nothing rendered. 🤷🏻‍♀️)