Laundry

Moosemarty

Just now, Moosemarty said:

I know I get 3 bags of laundry.  How long does it take for Oceania to return laundry?

Plan on 3 full days but can be shorter depending upon number of people on board ....on a short cruise that is near capacity - turn in on Monday AM and receive back Thursday PM.  When we were on a long cruise with 3/4 capacity - turn it in on Monday AM and received back on Wednesday AM.

1 minute ago, pete_coach said:

On our last Rivieria cruise, there was washers and dryers at the front of each deck.

That was a few years ago, are they still there?

yes on the O class ships

The R class have 1  on deck 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The self-serves are free and include ocean-safe detergent. Please don’t bring your own detergent.

This is a good point.  They also have two irons/boards.  The irons are quite high quality in my experience.  Nice place to meet folks, too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

yes on the O clas

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

yes on the O class ships

The R class have 1  on deck 7

Not on Deck 12 however.....just off the Riviera three days ago.  Also, we sent laundry out twice during our tow B2B cruises....and it took a "long" three days each time.  I was not really happy with the results,  Since we had NO sea days ovr the course of our B2B cruises.....we opted to send laundry out.  If I had the option?  I will try to do it myself next time.

20 hours ago, pete_coach said:

On our last Rivieria cruise, there was washers and dryers at the front of each deck.

That was a few years ago, are they still there?

Just to clarify this a little. It’s only on the decks where there are cabins, and as Lyn said, with the exception of deck 12. Also they are not always at the front on the decks. Check the deck plans for locations. 

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread and got some of my questions answered.  Thanks Moosemarty for starting it.

We're going on our first Oceania cruise in March - 20 days from Miami that hits many Caribbean islands we've never been to, as well as Charleston, SC, and Cape Canaveral.  A great itinerary that isn't repeated as far as I can see on their website.

We will be returning from a 9 day Panama Canal cruise on Feb. 13, so only 15 days to recover, repack, fly across the country, and get spoiled rotten again.  Life is tough - lol.  Because of the short turnaround time and this being our first time on Oceania, I'm anxious to understand the little details early.

I know we get 3 bags of laundry done.  Their website says "20 garments" in a load and I'm wondering if that is the specific number of garments you can send as a load or if it is an estimate of how much the laundry bag holds.  20 items isn't that many days worth of clothes for two people. 

8 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

I know we get 3 bags of laundry done.  Their website says "20 garments" in a load and I'm wondering if that is the specific number of garments you can send as a load or if it is an estimate of how much the laundry bag holds.  20 items isn't that many days worth of clothes for two people. 

It is a specific number.  You will be required to fill out an inventory sheet listing each piece, i.e. 4 shirts, 3 pants, etc. 

It's always taken 3 days to get it returned to us. 

@Firstin87 You can see the complimentary laundry form and the regular laundry form at steamboats photo review in the photos of the penthouse suite. Marina is very similar to Riviera so you may find the entire review interesting. I have only used the self-serve laundry and hand washing in the bathroom since I am picky (nutty?) about how my laundry is done. There is a line in the bathroom to drip dry delicates, swimsuits, etc. into the tub/shower.

https://www.cruisediary.de/marina-penthouse-suite-11077/

• Like 1

Thank you both very much for your help.  I will probably do some laundry in the laundry room, too, which I don't mind.  Want to keep the luggage to a reasonable amount.

I bookmarked the Photo Review of the Marina and will look at it with my husband.  Thank you for sending it.

• Like 1