Items cut from sea day brunch

Drew B 58

I’m currently on Panorama and I noticed the following options are no longer on the menu for sea day brunch:

• chia seed pudding

• aft burger

• cantina burger

• Mediterranean salad 

• salmon super food salad

- signature tower

• brunch spaghetti

• fetuccini

They added a “brunch burger”, a lox and bagel option, and “assorted ice creams” dessert.

I was very disappointed, as my top choices I was excited to try were the signature tower and the salmon super food salad.

I’m sorry if this has already been posted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's such a shame as sea day brunch was one of Carnival's best included dining experiences. It's still good but definitely not as good as it was even a few months ago. Carnival has seriously diluted their product since COVID.

• Like 9

Oops.  I missed two more items that were cut:

• pancetta scrambled 

• frittata 

They added turkey bacon and corned beef hash.

They also added shrimp and grits and a crab and avocado sandwich to the paid options and took away the peel and eat shrimp and garlic crab (both available from the seafood shack) from the paid menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drew B 58 said:

• pancetta scrambled 

• frittata 

They also added shrimp and grits and a crab and avocado sandwich to the paid options and took away the peel and eat shrimp and garlic crab (both available from the seafood shack) from the paid menu.

Is there any way you could just post the entire menu on the post?

• Like 1

Turkey bacon and corned beef hash have been sides on the brunch menu since its inception. Our biggest disappointment has been the substituting of the same lousy strip loin served at dinner as the "steak" for steak and eggs instead of the excellent and always delicious petite filet mignon. Sad, very sad.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 11

25 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

I’m currently on Panorama and I noticed the following options are no longer on the menu for sea day brunch:

• chia seed pudding

• aft burger

• cantina burger

• Mediterranean salad 

• salmon super food salad

- signature tower

• brunch spaghetti

• fetuccini

They added a “brunch burger”, a lox and bagel option, and “assorted ice creams” dessert.

I was very disappointed, as my top choices I was excited to try were the signature tower and the salmon super food salad.

I’m sorry if this has already been posted.

Thank you for confirming this.  Although I'm disappointed (and my oldest DD is going to be even more disappointed than I), I like to learn about the recent cutbacks here, so that I can get the disappointment out of the way before Embarkation Day.  When I came back to CC a few weeks ago in preparation for our next Carnival cruise and started reporting some of the rumoured cutbacks to my family, DD20 said "I don't care, as long as they still have the chia seed pudding".  She seriously loves that stuff.  I don't know if I have the heart to tell her about it.😢

Edited by ShakyBeef
left out a word
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, shof515 said:

its getting harder and harder for me to go to the brunch to use my platinum drink coupon. i wish it was like the gold coupon that can be used anywhere on the ship 

You can use the coupon without eating brunch. Just stand at/near the front of the MDR and stop one of the bar waiters working brunch to order your drink.

The shrimp and grits are typically served on the first night of cruises leaving from Charleston at least. It's good. I don't really think it's worth paying extra for though. I really don't "believe in" paying extra for food on a cruise.

It's a shame they've cut the menu like they have and reduced hours at Sea Day Brunch. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away altogether before long sadly the way Carnival is being ruthless with the cutbacks.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

The shrimp and grits might be something I'd actually pay for, if done well.  I had it out of New Orleans when Carnival was doing the "Port of Call" specials each night in the MDR, and it was pretty yummy.

1 minute ago, Moviela said:

I miss the blueberry pancakes. They hit the spot. and you didn't need to get there before noon. If you arrive after 11:30 they pull a face.

It really should be called Sea Day Breakfast nowadays. 11:30 is still breakfast to me on vacation anyway.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

• pancetta scrambled 

• frittata 

Change is good. They didn't remove anything that will be missed. Looking forward to trying Emeril's Shrimp and Grits - think that will be a winner. Too many people are stuck in a rut. Glad Carnival is shaking thinks up.

Looks like they added corned beef hash back - that was a favorite of many.

Turkey bacon has been available forever and they still have real bacon! So has some form of salmon.

The kid's mozzarella sticks are still available. Proof of age not required.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's been about 6-7 years, since my last cruise, due to a variety of reasons. Plan on changing this soon! Everything will be new to me, so I'll be happy to order anything!  Even from the kiddy menu, if they'd let me-some people like to "get in touch with their inner child-but some days, I feel like I have a whole  kindergarten"!! 😬

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

• pancetta scrambled 

• frittata 

Oh no! The pancetta scramble was my favorite! ☹️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The shrimp and grits might be something I'd actually pay for, if done well.  I had it out of New Orleans when Carnival was doing the "Port of Call" specials each night in the MDR, and it was pretty yummy.

It’s only $6.  Not like the $19 lobster Benedict.

• Like 1