Items cut from sea day brunch

Drew B 58

47 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

So what do these employees do if not working in the MDR or the galley? I'm sure they are paid by the contract and not hourly.  

Put them places like Guy's Burgers where they are forcing people to.  They would much rather you eat a thin beef patty and frozen fries for lunch than the more substantial dishes.  It is probably the cheapest thing they can feed you along with the tacos.

• Like 1

In May the salmon/lox was still available, but not in the usual way.  I received four finger sized pieces of salmon that were so thin they were nearly transparent and causing them to stick to the plate.  I had to scrape them off the plate, which gave me a nice “ground salmon” looking pate.   There were no capers or onion available.

very disappointing.

35 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Put them places like Guy's Burgers where they are forcing people to. 

Not many notice but the logo uniformed crew working Guys and the Blue Iguana Cantina are also lido and MDR food servers. That same crew member setting up Guys and flipping burgers for 5 hours can later be seen in the evening working as assistant team server in the MDR. I spoke with a server I knew from Guys on the Panorama two weeks ago who's now on Radiance and he served me afternoon tea and he was pushing the dessert trolley around the dining room.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

Put them places like Guy's Burgers where they are forcing people to.  They would much rather you eat a thin beef patty and frozen fries for lunch than the more substantial dishes.  It is probably the cheapest thing they can feed you along with the tacos.

But cruisers also have the option of going to the Lido, where there are better cuts of meat, etc

On 9/19/2022 at 1:22 PM, shof515 said:

its getting harder and harder for me to go to the brunch to use my platinum drink coupon. i wish it was like the gold coupon that can be used anywhere on the ship 

Exactly.  They may as well just say "You can use your drink coupon on any day, as long as it doesn't end in "y". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray98 said:

….or the one that feeds the most people…..but that would be way to logical

3 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Not many notice but the logo uniformed crew working Guys and the Blue Iguana Cantina are also lido and MDR food servers. That same crew member setting up Guys and flipping burgers for 5 hours can later be seen in the evening working as assistant team server in the MDR. I spoke with a server I knew from Guys on the Panorama two weeks ago who's now on Radiance and he served me afternoon tea and he was pushing the dessert trolley around the dining room.

Did he discuss the short staffing?

1 hour ago, funinthesun1964 said:

But cruisers also have the option of going to the Lido, where there are better cuts of meat, etc

....which are leaving stations closed leading to huge lines.  There is a current thread on the front page right now discussing it with photographs.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:22 PM, shof515 said:

its getting harder and harder for me to go to the brunch to use my platinum drink coupon. i wish it was like the gold coupon that can be used anywhere on the ship 

I have never understood this, why do platinum have to use drink coupon at brunch, but gold can use anywhere. To me, it seems like the gold has the better benefit......maybe I am missing something.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

This is terrible. I am cancelling and never cruising them again.  The cookies have changed. Used to be italian wedding, apple toffee, chewy ginger biscotti, ricotta lemon cookie. Now it is just sugar, oatmeal, raison and chocolate chip. 

I do love the chocolate chip cookies, they're so crunchy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

I have never understood this, why do platinum have to use drink coupon at brunch, but gold can use anywhere. To me, it seems like the gold has the better benefit......maybe I am missing something.

The free drink was the consolation prize for Golds when they got disinvited from the past guest party and it became the Plat/Diamond party.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

The Gold can only use the last night of the cruise. Platinum have more choice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Have you ever seen lines at lido before?

Absolutely....last month on Elation and 3 months ago on the Valor.  Both were horrible and each has entire buffet stations closed just like the other topic discussed.

31 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Absolutely....last month on Elation and 3 months ago on the Valor.  Both were horrible and each has entire buffet stations closed just like the other topic discussed.

On every single Carnival ship I have been on during embarkation day. The majority of those (vast majority) were pre covid.  

• Like 1